• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Will an over the counter drug test kit detect alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance004

Greenlighter
I am in a sober living environment and on every Wednesday and Friday my house manager tests me. He uses a urine test kit and also gives us a breathalyzer during testing. The testing kits he uses are purchased from standard drug stores off the shelf rather than ones which are sent out to labs for an analysis. The testing kit says it tests for weed, meth, coke, benzos, opiates. It does not say anything about alcohol. My question is if I have a few beers during the week will they show up in the testing panel? I do know a byproduct of alcohol can remain in your system for up to a few days but not sure if a basic drug test kit from CVS would reveal this (especially since breathalyzers are being given too). The reason I ask is because if I were to drink and be caught I will be kicked out of the program. Can anyone address this question? Thanks.

The 5 panel urine test kit won't detect alcohol, but I think the breathalyser will...

Basically you're fucked.

Sorry bud, but we dont do drug testing questions. But as fubar said, if you're being breathalysed it doesn't really matter.

Gotta close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.