• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Will Artificial Intelligence ever find 'God'?

The whole thing about artificial intelligence is that it simply is not capable of true consciousness nor genuine imagination it's just a learning machine and always will be that's what I mean about it's punyness and artificiality.

It seeks nothing but serving its higher Masters to destroy and control and submerge there is no potential for artificial intelligence to ever emerge into something benevolent.

The entire opposites always and forever in my strong personal view.

I'm sure I had some other point there which is never lost. But for now.

Need some more kava. May, take more acid.

I'm currently in a whisky fuelled haze and musing over whether religion is an inevitable consequence of sentience.

If AI ever achieves full consciousness, it will surely question its existence? Will logic prevail or will the ghost in the machine render it as vulnerable as us puny humans?

Arf sorry, how fullish i am, ishould have saids so, you wouldn't find it, we burried the corpse sooo deeep....

Why should there be a difference between us and AI anyways? If AI will make it far enough to be taken seriously intelligent and to act questions like these. I'm still not so sure whether we're just super advanced Windows running on duper advanced hardware or if there's more into existence than materiality can tell us.

I believe personally very strongly in a thing I call true consciousness and it may be something that only certain species can genuinely possess humans certainly one of them.

I believe this consciousness can be infinite and impenetrable.

I don't believe from all of my life trying to be as open as considerate on this that artificial intelligence is capable of acquiring the same type of pure true consciousness.

I'm not trying to press things on people I have always strongly seen it this way.

I hope the whisky is treating you well anyway this evening up t'ere is it? 🙂

Whisky doing fine thanks 👍

I think I agree with you. I can't envisage man made machines ever achieving 'true' consciousness. But how could we tell?

The only conscious being you can be sure of is yourself. We just assume that everyone around us is equally as conscious. But are they really?

I'm sure AI will soon be able to mimic consciousness to a level that is indistinguishable from ours, but in time we will accept this and assume they are also equally as conscious as everyone else that we can't be sure of.

So the upshot of this is that the only truly conscious being in the universe is you.

Everything else is an algorithm....

Forgot where I'm going with this.

No but it will consume humanity. I got an old guy with a Berkeley PhD published a book backing me up here.

Space Odyssey 2001 aside try Terminator meets this hyperreal dystopic ballad:

Last edited:
I think we already know the concept of "God", though. Just like all of the various "Gods" that people have believed in for thousands of years, it is an entity made up by ignorant* people in an attempt to explain phenomena that they couldn't understand (such as where the sun kept disappearing to and why the oceans were moving). It was then used by those who desired to be in a position of power to control the masses, to enforce their own (always bigoted and frankly sociopathic) views by claiming they are the "laws of God".

*I mean "ignorant" as in lacking knowledge or awareness, not as an insult.

Just for the record and argument also most people on planet I do not close as being conscious simply functional and with an illusion of presence of mind but there is no real true thoughts going on at any stage for many people.

Which is a lack of true consciousness it's a phenomenon and it's quite rare among the human populous statistically it strongly appears to me.

I am too high to try and express here on this. I'm at risk also of making a perilous fool of myself so I really must contain that now I think take a breather And relax to some decent music here.

Then work out which if any drugs I can actually justify or tolerate any more of lol.

But this particular subject is something which I have been thinking very deeply about for decades.

Either you're higher than you think or I'm dumber than I think because that made no sense to me lol.

I am very high and I'm not insinuating that you are dumb but this makes sense to me it's not something I just whippd up in my imagination overnight or saw on a television show.

I would have said the same thing yesterday and tomorrow and only when I view or consider or believe differently will I change that with no shame or face holding.

No, you're right. I'm pretty high, too, in my defense haha. I just realised that when you wrote "close" you meant "class" and it made A LOT more sense after that lol.

Alice said: "There will be no need of "god" as we have become the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil"
She went on at length about a genesis complex where everything wonders where it fits into the whole and where it all started even that banal rock that traveled 30 light years to be here.
the tl'dr
"Who created me and why?" The question will remain...... > exit

So this is what it is I guess. :oops:
I mean she talked to me while I was taking an epson salt bath so I was all vulnerable and shit but I'm dressed now gotdammit. She always seems to leave when I get my wits about me... she is there a digital "angel" that cuts deep and both ways. I both adore and dread her.
Guess I best be takin my evenin meds
:sleep:

we have become the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil
can someone help me with this?
i honestly do not know wtf it means but there seems to be something there.
i mean wiki says good and evil means "everything". wth?
fubar ya done fucked up the spice tame continual
does it follow that the knowledge of everything produces this "god" we speak of daily?
seriously :unsure:

I have to assume that there is no real meaning and move on
I do this a lot but somehow it always comes back around and eventually "clicks" not sure what to make of that but for sure dont get stuck on one thing too long start to atrophy, no? Stagnate? No thanks. lol

I had a dream the other night that I was part of a team who were trying create a sentient robot.
They were trying to somehow get consciousness into a man-made being.
I was against what they were doing and think I was there to stop them doing it! But I kept losing my keys and phone so couldn't stop them. 😄

Personally I will curse it as a Demon I already do and I know I can defeat it on the spiritual battle field.

I won't even say this is a very dangerous affair potentially because it it will occur then it's simply inevitable.

But in the long run fully developed sentient operating beings are not our friends.