• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will I have WD's? (Pregabalin)

MLynn171

Greenlighter
Been taking 150 - 300mg pregabalin for about 6 - 8 weeks, daily. Self-medicating for anxiety & insomnia. But I've just discovered that my source is out & I'm down to my last 2 150mg caps. Will/can I expect withdrawals? I know everyone's different, but even a rough estimate of how bad & for how long would help me immensely. I have a decent stock of phenibut faa but can't get an answer as to how helpful it'll be for managing any withdrawal. Getting more pregabalin is simply out of the question for about 3 more weeks & I can't get gabapentin, either. The only things I have access to are the aforementioned phenibut, some weed, flexeril, cymbalta, & alcohol (wine). Also some 5-HTP & melatonin. Is there some kind of regimen I can make out of those things?

I've searched all day through these forums but found nothing that answered my question to completion, or even halfway. Otherwise I would never risk clogging up the news feed with "pointless" questions that might have already been answered. I also looked in the pregabalin megathread to no avail. I just need some advice on how much, if any, withdrawal I should expect & what I can do with what I have access to to help get through the worst of it & (hopefully) still be able to keep up with my day to day responsibilities (full-time single parent, as well). Really appreciate anyone & anything that can help.

Pregabs are pretty forgiving when it comes to WD. Because they actually don't hit our Gaba A or B receptors ( it's just a calcium channel blocker chemically ) it tends to be a very mild WD. For most people. But we are all different. I would think that you will just feel restless and miss the calming effect from them as they are great for insomnia and mild anxiety.

I took large doses for longer than you have been on them. Like 900 mgs at a time and sometimes twice per day. My source also didn't take them and sold them to me when the pain pills dried up. Your dose is actually just what a prescribed dose would be. My dose was abuse. A prescribed dose is 300 mgs per day ( whether it's a few 100's or a couple 150's or one 300 mg capsule ) so you should actually be fine. But like I said we are all different. I was basically fine when I stopped. My insomnia came back of course, and so did my anxiety but I didn't puke or have the runs or a fever or chills or RLS or anything like we get with other classes of drugs.

The phenibut will help. For sure. But go easy. That stuff DOES hit our Gaba B ( or maybe A ) receptor and if you get hooked on that stuff you will indeed have a shitty WD.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Not a guarantee, as I was taking Kratom as well and probably some other things.

But after at least a year on 150/ 225 mg a day. I cold turked and felt nothing even remotely resembling WD's. But I think I am a exception, seems very unlightly for it to not have some sort of dependence forming. But 6/ 8 week's is a lot shorter, I hope you body react's like mine.

If there comes a time that pregabalin is no longer available just keep an eye out for feelings of doom and self worthlessness. There is a reason this drug is linked to suicidal thoughts and actions. One of a few. I do not get these "" feelings" when on pregabalin but I (and others I know) have these illusions when coming off this substance in particular. We all are different correct but this is the only substance that brings that dark cloud of doom when in wd from sudden cessation for some.
I am scared of pregab in this respect. Not cool so just be aware of any sudden mood swings to the negative and know it for what it is just a mind trick, ok?
Peace

Last edited:
Hey, would you keep us updated on how it goes? I'm considering starting a regimen of pregabalin, and am it would mean a lot to hear some first hand experience. Thanks in advance, and I hope things get better.

Hey, would you keep us updated on how it goes? I'm considering starting a regimen of pregabalin, and am it would mean a lot to hear some first hand experience. Thanks in advance, and I hope things get better.
Yeah I love when people come back and give updates. It sort of closes the loop and adds to the knowledge. In fact if I am in your thread beware I may ask for an update.

Yeah I love when people come back and give updates. It sort of closes the loop and adds to the knowledge. In fact if I am in your thread beware I may ask for an updaw

Yeah I love when people come back and give updates. It sort of closes the loop and adds to the knowledge. In fact if I am in your thread beware I may ask for an update.
Seriously! I worry about people when they post about something difficult or painful they're going through, and there's no update, or anything.

Seriously! I worry about people when they post about something difficult or painful they're going through, and there's no update, or anything.
And I have seen instances of me worrying, the person in a deep pickle and then they end up in the Shrine. You see that stuff here if you were here long enough. This is not one of those dire pickles, just would be a good thing to see who actually gets pregabalin or gabapentin withdrawal. Seems split down the middle.

But I am on the lookout for that depressed gloom, I usually take these occasionally so I never really got hooked. But there have been a few times where two days after some gbapentin I got really blue in mood. Maybe even just a single application of gabapentin can make a person dip. What usually happens is I sleep so well the night I take it the next day I feel rested and focused. So the blues have stayed away but I can totally see that if a person uses daily.

I'm hoping pregabalin actually has an effect on me, because Gabapentin does absolutely nothing. But if it works well, and doesn't have significant withdrawals, I will be so happy. I can't take benzos, because I get really out of control, stop caring about anything and fall apart. So I'm always looking for alternatives to help me sleep.

I'm hoping pregabalin actually has an effect on me, because Gabapentin does absolutely nothing.
Yeah with this class of drugs I have read posts by people prescribed it (both) and said wait, I don't feel anything. I think they are both subtle. Gabapentin works better for me but most say pregabalin is better. Or at least stronger. But yes, that is another response by some people, they don't feel; their prescription.

For me I can only take small amounts of pregabalin. 300 mgs max. I find that equal to 1800 mgs of gabapentin when staggered right. I could not tell the difference until higher amounts. That is where pregabalin has me spinning and jerking, where as with gabapentin just pleasantly sleepy and calm. But I can see using pregabalin because it really is stronger, maybe that is why I get side effects. My tolerance is low.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone! It's me. I'm sorry for the delay, but I just read all your replies to my thread. I appreciate the advice and I appreciate checking in on me. I just wanted to let you all know I'm still here and okay, but I'll have to come back on here later tonight to really fill you in.