• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Will Someone Please Explain this Rampant Hateful Aggressive “Gnostic Christianity” to Me?

This, and all supernatural garbage, is not a Gnostic belief.

We humans definitely belong here on earth.

One cannot say that there is a God, and then say he screwed up on creating us in the wrong location.

That would be stupid.

Gnostic Christians see heaven, here and now, and the best of all possible worlds.

It gets longish.

Let me speak to the lie of Gnostic Christians hating matter.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religion’s originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
Things are changing so fast I suppose its a matter of seeing the best of all possible worlds like indira's pearls.

Actually, until a certain age, kids are entrenched in their narcissism, as Freud noted.
Because all children experience themselves as center of creation until a certain age (and rightfully so; they scream out their needs and those needs get tended to), narcissism is inevitable.

We now know that it's parental narcissism that creates narcissists, if we're talking about true narcissism.

The natural needs of a child and how they declare those needs are not narcissism.

Welcome back, GB.
We all have truths and these usually end in the deaths of nations from greed or intolerance.
I do agree that it is our reponsibility to become a "better" us and filter lies: To not do this and follow and believe everything we are told is evil incarnate.
I value your input but it's not what we say but how we say it. Just my opinion as otherwise we would all be dead.
<3

@Gnostic Bishop “Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil and sin is all human generated and in this sense, I agree with Christians, but for completely different reasons. Evil is mankind’s responsibility and not some imaginary God’s. Free will is something that can only be taken. Free will cannot be given not even by a God unless it has been forcibly withheld.”
I don’t see how you can consider yourself any form of Christian when you don’t even believe in god simply because you follow some of Jesus’ teachings. It seems silly to me and almost like you just want to be a part of something different. Also I think Christianity is a horrible religion, so why you wouldn’t flat out reject it instead of claiming they’re missing the point with literal interpretation and that you have the better interpretation is baffling to me.
I owe the Catholic Religion I was born into quite a bit for their help when I was was a child and teen.

I try to pay back by saving as many Christians as I can from brain killing supernatural belief and showing how the older Christian thinking was superior and Gnostic.

The Jesus I follow is clearly found in the bible so it would be foolish of me not to capitalize on his name.

It also allows me to show the evil in the Yahweh/Roman Jesus combo.

Regards
DL

It is a great thing to fight homophobia and misogyny. However, to do it within the context of Christianity is a contradiction and apologism. They are both built into Christianity in the laws of the Old Testament which Jesus supposedly said he didn’t cone to do away with, but to fulfill. So the more noble and accurate thing to do is to condemn the religion itself for its horrible morals instead of trying to claim that those that actually follow it are interpreting it wrong which is total apologist bullshit. Christianity and Islam need to be condemned and called out for what they are, not apologized for or “reformed”.
Religions are with us to the end.

I cannot rid the world of fellowship, which is the root of religions.

I can only try to reduce the harm.

To your whole take though, and knowing that atheists are more moral than believers, and that believers need the message more than atheists, why in hell would you want me to ignore the sick believers and Christians for the well non-believers, as I paraphrase from Jesus in the scriptures?

Regards
DL

Brendon

"Does sensory data qualify at all for factual information?"

A claim of telepathy will always have 2 named.

The initiator and the victim.

Confirmation in most courts means factual information is being heard.

Regards
DL

I distrust any supposed followers of a prescribed doctrine who hates another fellow human being. There’s no shortage of that in the world.
You distrust a lot of people.

If you do not let that move you to fight them, then shame on you.

For evil to grow ---- you know the old adage.

I get banned for letting my passion for the fight against evil get personal.

The love I have for all souls creates a lot of hate and passion against all who put those I love in jeopardy.

Especially immoral homophobes and the misogynist.

Regards
DL

Thinking about the relationship between Father and Son and the Kingdom of Heaven, what comes to my mind is the concept of "Personhood" (which we all share).

Add the ethic of reciprocity with the concept of personhood and....what?

I don't know but they seem complimentary and intertwined.
They are, but remember that Jesus retires Yahweh when he ascends to the justice seat at the right of the throne.

We are to do the same to our own internal God/guide/controller, when we follow Jesus and call God I am and mean ourselves.

We do not all share the full personhood you likely see.

In fact, there are way more sheeple than non-sheeple and I think that that means few who have assumed personhood.

Regards
DL

The wording for the Golden Rule I use is either do unto yourself and others as you would have done unto you, or, Jesus saying "Love yourselves and each other as I loved you". I use the word self to remind me to lighten up and treat myself more gently on the inside and outside. It's a work in progress.
Ditto in WIP.

Hard for high strung me though.

I am as hard, if not harder, on myself than others.

Regards
DL

I haven't read the thread but Gnosticism is just Christian mysticism. The same as Kabbalism is Jewish mysticism and Sufism is Islamic mysticism. How it became rampant and hateful, I don't know, but nothing surprises me.
You are basically correct, with a dash of Chrestianity, a naturalist belief system/religion that was corrupted by Christianity and stupid supernatural beliefs.

Buddhism is also close, and that Jews also put man above God.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian material and it is not hateful,
Correct.

Not like Christianity.

Did you find anything that praised the vile demiurge Yahweh, or promotes homophobia and misogyny the way Christianity does.

Do we adore a genocidal and evil God the way Christians do?

No.

We have chosen a moral Gnostic Christian path.

Regards
DL

If you actually believe in the religion, th
What is in a name?

I do not believe in religion, which is just another word for tribe or group.

I believe in the esoteric way to enlightenment that one of the Jesus archetypes taught.

To say I believe in religion is foolish.

I believe that God comes out of humanity and that God is a person.

God, as the Moses story shows, can only show God's laws and not some deity.

Let me repeat-------------------

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Gnosis enlightens adults.

Regards
DL

While it can certainly be overly aggressive...it's basically correct. I mean, there is zero proof whatsoever that there is a god. Like, there has never ever been anything to even vaguely suggest such a thing. So when you think about it, it is truly BIZARRE that people not only actually believe something so silly, but devote their lives to it. All based on an extremely far-fetched fantasy novel that for the most part (The Old Testament) nobody even knows who the author is.
You are spot on.

I am correct and apotheosis confirmed it.

If it had not, I would not bother showing my hate and contempt for those whose moral views I cannot hold above my own.

The religious right who call their evil good.

Regards
DL

I value your input but it's not what we say but how we say it.
I am always happy to see how a learned and gentler tongued person would soften the tough love wording required to tell friends and foe alike to stop hating gays and thinking women inferior to men.

Even in this place, a couple have tried and failed or backed off.

Show us what you can do with your softer language, with a presentation, or admit that some homophobes and misogynous a holes and others, who adore a genocidal prick of a god, have to be told they are a holes.

Easy to critique, hard to teach. Teach.

Regards
DL

We now know that it's parental narcissism that creates narcissists, if we're talking about true narcissism.

The natural needs of a child and how they declare those needs are not narcissism.
The primary narcissism is there regardless of parenting.

"In psychoanalytic theory, the earliest type of narcissism, in which the infant's libido is directed toward his or her own body and its satisfaction rather than toward the environment or objects. At this stage, the child forms a narcissistic ego-ideal stemming from his or her sense of omnipotence."

The primary narcissism is there regardless of parenting.

"In psychoanalytic theory, the earliest type of narcissism, in which the infant's libido is directed toward his or her own body and its satisfaction rather than toward the environment or objects. At this stage, the child forms a narcissistic ego-ideal stemming from his or her sense of omnipotence."

And I'm saying I disagree with Freud to classify this as narcissism.

A child naturally wanting attention from the parent is totally different from the kind of stuff that makes NPD.