• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Young people have no 'bulletproof' protection from COVID-19 — particularly smokers and vapers

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Young people have no 'bulletproof' protection from COVID-19 — particularly smokers and vapers
Karen Pauls
CBC
March 30th, 2020
If you are young and think you are immune to COVID-19, some doctors would like you to pay attention to the following message:

"While COVID-19 is less likely to cause serious symptoms in younger people, in combination with substance use like vaping or smoking cigarettes or cannabis, it could pose a serious health threat," says a March 24 commentary written by Dr. Nicholas Chadi and Dr. Richard Bélanger of the Canadian Pediatric Society.

They are among the public health experts sounding the alarm about the possible connections between lung damage caused by smoking or vaping and increased vulnerability to the novel coronavirus.

The Canadian Pediatric Society commentary urges physicians and parents to make sure young people know:
  • Vaping and smoking — cigarettes or cannabis — weaken the lung's regular defences and affect cardiovascular health.
  • Based on observations of adults, these activities may put young people at increased risk of severe coronavirus infection.
  • Young people who smoke or vape may be more likely to develop complications from coronavirus like pneumonia or acute respiratory distress, which could result in hospitalization and/or treatment in an intensive care unit.
Read the full story here.

Vaping cannabis damages your lungs? I'd love to see the peer reviewed studies on that. Fact is there is not actually enough research to definitively make such a claim, although I'm sure the docs know that and are erring on the side of caution to be fair. I'm really curious about booze though, because a lot of people are drinking more as a result of being in lockdown and I bet it's not doing their immune system any good at all.

One pisshead did say to me that he can't get the coronavirus because the booze will kill it in his stomach though... science, bitches! 😂

Vaping cannabis damages your lungs? I'd love to see the peer reviewed studies on that. Fact is there is not actually enough research to definitively make such a claim, although I'm sure the docs know that and are erring on the side of caution to be fair. I'm really curious about booze though, because a lot of people are drinking more as a result of being in lockdown and I bet it's not doing their immune system any good at all.

One pisshead did say to me that he can't get the coronavirus because the booze will kill it in his stomach though... science, bitches! 😂

Wot about if I snort vodka, that'll make me immune wont it?

Wot about if I snort vodka, that'll make me immune wont it?

Speaking of which.....I just heard this morning on the radio about 600ish people in Iran dying in the last few days from alcohol poisoning. Apparently they had heard that alcohol can fight the virus so they went out and......most deaths were from methanol poisoning.

This is what happens when you make ethanol illegal, I guess.

Drink some more NWO propaganda kool aide bro😂

Legit question: what was the OWO? Like, I need to know what signs of transition to be on the lookout for so I can best judge when my life has become meaningless and supremely controlled, or whatever.

Did you guys known heroin was used to treat many big diseases such as, black death, ebola, and the blue death(Spanish flu)

Did you guys known heroin was used to treat many big diseases such as, black death, ebola, and the blue death(Spanish flu)

Of course. Heroin is the brand name given to diamorphine by Bayer Pharma. They marketed it as a cure for everything. They even put the shit in children's cough medicine. They also claimed it was a non-addictive morphine alternative.

This wasn't unusual for the time though. Chlorodyne is a British medicine from that era (actually a bit newer) that contained opium, cannabis, and chloroform. It was indicated to treat everything from cholera to coughs to asthma to insomnia.

Cocaine was another one too. They even sold cocaine and diamorphine cough drops.

We were born in the wrong generation man 😂

Mainly because they tought it would keep all that shit in their intestines due to constipation.. It retains and absorbs water from the bowels. That's why junkies ever drink. ^^
Sorry for the rough language. :)