⫸STICKY⫷ 📶 Bluelight Social Media Links + Discord #️⃣

Gonna be shilling the fuck out of the Discord for a little while. I really want that server discovery status and we're going to need 1,000 members on there (so far we have 50-something).
For those of you who don't know what Discord is, think of it as the modern equivalent to IRC. It has a bunch of text channels but now it works on your phone and also has the option to voice/video chat. It's a great platform both for 1. current Bluelighters to hang out and talk, especially while tripping/under the influence & 2. for us to expand our userbase and do some outreach to younger generations who don't really use forums.

Anyways, everyone join the Discord and then go follow our social medias. This is incredibly important and it really helps us out.

Like IRC, but for those of us that were confused about that, you can actually use this with ease.

Telegram is also absolutely fucking brilliant, what a class act, can't thank it enough.

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me please?
So my phone perma died the other day, so i bought a new one. Install discord and authy etc but when i try to login the Hcaptcha thing just keeps spinning. Theres an option to open in browser if you are having Hcaptcha issues, but it just does the same thing and never loads.
Anyone had this issue and resolved it before?
Thanks.

That sounds like javasctipt. You using ublock origin, or adblock? A privacy browser? Just switch it on for that site.

i have been a member since 2008 that should get a reward hahahahaha i see admin 2021 like ehhh OK................ -who else was here for long>?

I can give you an appreciation nod, just one though.

2008 you say?

We have a winner. Very nice. Nov 2002, took my second ever pills in a club.

Last edited:
Well, if google mechanisms keep putting you on blocklists, you need to try to change your site code and maybe try to hide some materials from the searching bots so they will see only the information that will help you to get more visits and don't put you in blocklists. Also, if you are trying to promote your social media, I suggest you use **** that help corporate accounts and influencers get live followers and likes from active users. I have been working with those guys for a long time. They helped me a lot with promotional campaigns on my social media.

Hi-tech/sci-fi spam bot of some sort

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the discord, is there any chance of a tech/tech support channel?

If any of you guys could take a few minutes to do this, assuming you're on social media, it would help. We're making a concerted effort to try to boost our presence so we can attract new members and counteract google's blacklisting of us.
I just thought about this but wouldn't methadone clinics be a good place to have this site's web address and a brief description?
If someone wanted to make a template that people from different cities that could post in places like that and shelters etc...
We have safe injection sites but I've heard many don't go in for fear of someone seeing them. I was a user for years and when I was working Noone suspected it
Just a thought. I don't have a busy life so I could help.

We have safe injection sites but I've heard many don't go in for fear of someone seeing them. I was a user for years and when I was working Noone suspected it
Just a thought. I don't have a busy life so I could help.
We could make posters with QR codes and links to our Discord and forums.
Throw them at safe injection sites, clinics, etc

I think it would probably help people. When I first found the site I was googling withdrawal time frame and one if the first pages was bluelight.
Now Google sends you to rehab sites.

Is this for a socializing link or a more support incorporated criteria, or both ?
Thank you.

just FYI - I signed up on Discord using a different email address, so I can focus only on BL on that account. I have a ton of other communities I'm involved with on the other username, and, having ADHD, I get easily distracted 😅

my username on the new account is xtcgrrrl (same as on here)

So I was looking into the Discord thing because I used to be in another forum that kind of completely moved to Discord. When I tried to log in it asked for my phone number, and no way around that. I have no problem with whoever knowing my IP, nothing to hide here, but my phone number is sacred (though it could be tracked anyway, who are we fooling?)
The point is, usually they send you some code to your phone with a number you have to post back and so on and fact is that I won't get that message because the phone number I would provide has no phone connected to it. The whole procedure won't work.
Now I read that of course, Discord is not really connected to the forum, and forum users might be under another username on Discord because not everyone would use the same username as does @xtcgrrrl

What's the real-life incentive to join the Bluelight-Discod community?

So I was looking into the Discord thing because I used to be in another forum that kind of completely moved to Discord. When I tried to log in it asked for my phone number, and no way around that. I have no problem with whoever knowing my IP, nothing to hide here, but my phone number is sacred (though it could be tracked anyway, who are we fooling?)
The point is, usually they send you some code to your phone with a number you have to post back and so on and fact is that I won't get that message because the phone number I would provide has no phone connected to it. The whole procedure won't work.
Now I read that of course, Discord is not really connected to the forum, and forum users might be under another username on Discord because not everyone would use the same username as does @xtcgrrrl

What's the real-life incentive to join the Bluelight-Discod community?
Sorry to hear about your phone woes. Discord tries to take steps to ensure bot accounts and fake accounts are created I'm sure. Plenty of activity on the forum though if you're not on discord.

In regards to the real life incentive, I'd have to say Bluelight has been a refuge for thousands of people over the years that have sought a nonjudgmental place to discuss sensitive topics they can't get good advice about elsewhere. We offer unconditional support to people struggling with mental illness, and we have a veritable encyclopedia of years worth of drug use data, studies, and anecdotes. As well it's just a fabulous community to be a part of and a great way to meet people of like mind.

That said, in my personal opinion, this is very much just a forum at this point. Part of the rebranding process and the social media outreach is to start developing partnerships with other harm reduction organizations and doing things out in the world.

Those are just my brief thoughts anyway.

In regards to the real life incentive, I'd have to say Bluelight has been a refuge for thousands of people over the years that have sought a nonjudgmental place to discuss sensitive topics they can't get good advice about elsewhere. We offer unconditional support to people struggling with mental illness, and we have a veritable encyclopedia of years worth of drug use data, studies, and anecdotes. As well it's just a fabulous community to be a part of and a great way to meet people of like mind.
@deficiT Thanks for your answer. I was looking for nonjudgmental information and found it here, plus as you say "a fabulous community".

I can't bloody get the hang of discord. I mean I went and registered, but then you just sit there on this initial page and there's no obvious menus or chat links or anything that tells you anything...

I should add that I'm an odd one out of my generation in that I loathe and despise social media, which appears to be very anti - social since about two thirds of people just use it to mindlessly insult total strangers, and TikTok in particular is Satan's brain fart Xd

If anyone wants me to design & print some good old-fashioned leaflets to hand around at appropriate venues explaining what BL is and does, I can do that
I don't know about your leaflet idea because that's quite a lot of paper to try to distribute to billions of people but I hate almost every social media platform. But unfortunately this day and age the internet and social media is the most practical way not to mention fastest way to get your ideas into other people's brains. (That sounding kind of creepy)

discord was creepy (to me) and although i won't be returning. Oh heck I feel like if I ask the question I want to concerning discord it will be viewed the wrong way and as some kind of sideswipe or accusation; when really I am sure I just dont understand. All the BL rules are still applicable on discord I must assume? If not, even if so couldn't this lead us down the reddit toilet? I would really and truly hate any part of bluelight to be compared to reddit. (yes i know it happens by the ill informed and yes i know some ppl know there ish on reddit...but in general? I am sure that it is great for people who understand it and am not knocking it just hoping not throw caution to the wind HR wise.

discord was creepy (to me) and although i won't be returning. Oh heck I feel like if I ask the question I want to concerning discord it will be viewed the wrong way and as some kind of sideswipe or accusation; when really I am sure I just dont understand. All the BL rules are still applicable on discord I must assume? If not, even if so couldn't this lead us down the reddit toilet? I would really and truly hate any part of bluelight to be compared to reddit. (yes i know it happens by the ill informed and yes i know some ppl know there ish on reddit...but in general? I am sure that it is great for people who understand it and am not knocking it just hoping not throw caution to the wind HR wise.
The discord server is a big hug box, a lot of very sensitive users needs’ end up alienating all the normal people shit posting. Discord can be cool, just gotta find the right servers.

F47O7T7.jpg

maybe we should come up with a catchy name for a hub of harm reduction on reddit

I like @Ketamania 's idea, /r/BluelightOFFICIAL or maybe something catchy without BL in the name

/r/DrugAdvice or something

I think we would attract a lot more people without BL in the name, something more relatable
like /r/theDrugAttic lol

@ dropperneck could you explain a little further? I don't even know what find the right server means, which prolly means i wont be finding them. I can be a sensitive user. Ok I guess I will just ask..... with this happening in real time what on earth is to stop people from using this as a networking device, perhaps less for harm reduction as much as general networking. which of course would put us on the "when'' not ''if'' we are eventually wiped out.

@ dropperneck could you explain a little further? I don't even know what find the right server means, which prolly means i wont be finding them. I can be a sensitive user. Ok I guess I will just ask..... with this happening in real time what on earth is to stop people from using this as a networking device, perhaps less for harm reduction as much as general networking. which of course would put us on the "when'' not ''if'' we are eventually wiped out.
The Bluelight rules are strictly enforced on all of our platforms, and that ESPECIALLY includes banning said "networking".