• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Apr 15-16, 2022: "Distraught Bodybuilder and Musician"

I was lifting weights with some guy who had recently gone through a pretty bad breakup but had a new girlfriend. She ended up with us at the house and I played an old VHS tape that was supposed to be about his workouts, but it contained footage of his ex. I realized how awkward it must have been for them and quickly turned it off.

In the same house, there was an electronic musician from the past (Moby?) and he was getting very drunk. He threw a punch at me and I ducked, then his girlfriend tackled him to the ground. He ended up sneaking out to a camper in the driveway and drinking even more.

Apr 18-19, 2022: "Drug Party"

I went to a party at a house/condo/apartment where people were taking numerous drugs. An old friend of mine had a bunch of cocaine that he was doing with some creepy dude. I asked for a tiny pinch and they said that it would cost me $20. I gave them the cash and got so little coke that it blew off the table just from breathing on it. I talked him into giving my $20 bill back but it looked like it was from Canada or Bermuda.

I decided to walk home because it wasn't far, but there was snow on the ground and my whole yard was covered with Sea-Doos that people were storing there. I had to climb over a metal gate that surrounded my front steps, then realized that I didn't have my house keys.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

took propranolol before bed, which typically gives me nightmares

had a series of nightmarish drug dreams

I visited my father who was drunk and being an asshole, then he snuck up behind me and injected me with heroin and I started to overdose

the other dream I was traveling through an airport or something and had an ounce of weed and a sheet of LSD (which curiously looked like a roll of childish temporary tattoos) and this security guard takes it from me, starts walking off to get the cops and time slows down as I decide to submit or go tackle them, get the drugs and make a run for the door

Apr 26-27, 2022: "Institutionalized"

(This has been a recurring dream of mine. I'm not sure what it means because I've never been committed anywhere.)

I was younger and my parents had me locked up in a juvenile psych ward. They came to visit me and we played Scrabble, but my dad was acting drunk and strange. The place was serving sloppy joes and small, rotten raw oysters for lunch. We were confined to two rooms: a lounge, and one near-empty one that had old silver dollars hanging from small chains on the wall. I hung out with a young woman there who was kind of cute but looked and smelled dirty.

Apr 29-30, 2022: "Supermarket Job/Dad Going Insane, Flooded Out"

My parents and I all got jobs at a supermarket. He flipped out because the boss said something he didn't like. We ended up outside in his old van and he started revving the engine, saying that he was going to do it until the engine exploded. He rammed the car into another one because they parked too close to him. Two guys got out and wanted to fight him. Reporters gathered around and interviewed my mom. Suddenly everything turned to black & white and I realized that I was dreaming, but it ended before I got to do anything fun (like fly, lol).

My parents and I lived in our old house and we got flooded out. We planned to float out on mattresses with everything on our backs. My dad was drunk and I was afraid that he would drown. Some strangers came in uninvited to talk about buying the house. We ended up having a small party there and Bob Dylan got up to play a song.

Apr 30-May 1, 2022: "Musical Spices, Indian Restaurant"

I could create music by mixing different spices together in a baby food jar. One combination made a really creepy tune, so I added something sweet to it.

I went to an Indian restaurant but brought a cold cut sub for some reason. I was still hungry after it and tried to order something but couldn't figure out how to. There were a bunch of counters for different things and I kept on walking back and forth. Customers had to bus their own tables and separate each type of trash in the vestibule.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I really wish I could participate in this thread.

I always have elaborate and vivid dreams which I enjoy very much. Sadly, I forget them within seconds of waking. Literally seconds. Many times I've grabbed pen & paper to jot down what I just dreamt, but go blank when I start to write.

There are a handful of dreams that I've remembered over the years-- usually because I attached some kind of significance to them at the time. But the shelves in my Dream Library are mostly empty.

I consider myself lucky, though. My best friend swears he has NEVER recalled any dream in his life, even briefly. He used to think he did not dream at all, but learned that we all do to some extent. How sad. I often get a little excited right as I'm falling asleep because I know that an adventure is coming.

Had an interesting short dream the other day.

I was at my old childhood house which had as beautiful view. It was night and I stepped outside to look, and there was the most beautiful and ethereal lights and clouds in the sky, sort of like a surreal magical sunset. The clouds were dark purple and there were other clouds glowing yellow radiant light. Really cool visual. I took out my phone took several pictures, but when I went to check them none of the pictures were on my phone and I became very frustrated. I started hallucinating, my phone was vibrating and glitching, felt psychosis coming on and then woke up. (Frustration/stress leading to psychosis seems to be a recurring theme in my dreams)

Last edited:
I really wish I could participate in this thread.

I always have elaborate and vivid dreams which I enjoy very much. Sadly, I forget them within seconds of waking. Literally seconds. Many times I've grabbed pen & paper to jot down what I just dreamt, but go blank when I start to write.

There are a handful of dreams that I've remembered over the years-- usually because I attached some kind of significance to them at the time. But the shelves in my Dream Library are mostly empty.

I consider myself lucky, though. My best friend swears he has NEVER recalled any dream in his life, even briefly. He used to think he did not dream at all, but learned that we all do to some extent. How sad. I often get a little excited right as I'm falling asleep because I know that an adventure is coming.
I typically don't remember them very well, but there is something about cannabis cessation that makes them incredibly vivid and memorable. I don't dream at all when I smoke weed. I've been using it on and off lately.

I typically don't remember them very well, but there is something about cannabis cessation that makes them incredibly vivid and memorable. I don't dream at all when I smoke weed. I've been using it on and off lately.
Interesting. My buddy smokes a lot of weed. But he claims to have no memory of ever dreaming-- even as a kid long before he smoked.

Cannabis doesn't seem to affect my dreaming either way. However, I usually take melatonin before bed and it definitely increases the frequency and vividness of my dreams.

Yeah, remembering them is the hardest part. Mine are so vivid that I usually remember enough of them to write down, but I still need to jot them down immediately before I forget them.

If you can even think of just one single keyword to write down, it may come back to you later in the day. A lot of times I'll see something that brings it all back to me. Happy dreaming, my friend!

May 2-3, 2022: "Rock Band, Food, Kratom, Runaway Pony"

Some metal band (Motley Crue?) was appearing at a local store/mall and I tried to get a look at them. Later, my dad came home with a whole chicken covered in some kind of green sauce and different flavors of Coca Cola. I also cooked a meat & rice dish. I had kratom that looked first like a white powder, then like a tincture. I was almost out of it but didn't have any cash. I went to a coin store at the mall to see if any of my old dollar bills were worth anything, then realized that I went home with theirs. I immediately returned them and the guy there was annoyed, but I didn't get in any trouble. I ended up downtown with my parents trying to wrangle a small runaway horse and my mom broke her wrist.

May 8-9, 2022: "One-Legged Woman, Ballplayer, Mom"

I watched some young woman with a missing leg being interviewed on TV. I also saw footage of an old baseball player from the 1950's (Minnie Minoso?). My mom left her job to go work for her old doctor.

May 9-10, 2022: "Institutionalized, New Job, Driving"

(Yet another dream about being committed! Lol, is my brain trying to tell me something???)

My mom had me locked up in a juvenile psych ward and said that they had to restrain me because I tried to jump out the window. I got a receptionist job (car dealership?) with a busy, multi-line phone and worried that I wouldn't be able to do it. I tried to drive home and couldn't see where I was going because it was dark and foggy.

May 11-12, 2022: "Wendy's, Organ, Yankees"

I ordered breakfast at the Wendy's drive-thru and only got a couple bacon & egg scraps. My mom told me to go back around and order more but I didn't want to waste any more money. I listened to an old radio interview with someone from the 1950's New York Yankees (Yogi Berra?).

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Had a dream I was hanging out with Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock and went to various weird shows in weird places on their tour bus. I was the only white boi there. I remember smoking a lot of cigarettes (I don't smoke anymore).

Had another emotionally charged dream last night. I was at my old IT job, except it was now in a huge Amazon like sorting facility which was also a massive boat floating in the ocean. They installed this weird ID tag on the back of my neck like a tracking device. A whole bunch of people were there but most notably my ex-girlfriend. I became very emotional because she seemingly ignored me but I remembered how beautiful she was. My boss pulled me into his office and looked at my work laptop. He was questioning my search history (nothing bad, just non-work related stuff). I woke up from that one pretty emotional and couldn't get back to sleep. Felt lonely and sad.

I rarely dream,
Like the last time I had regular recountable dreams would be when I was like 12.
The last dream I have any recollection of was just about to hit REM sleep, freaking out feeling like I'm falling and mashing my back into my mattress with force as I woke up before rolling head first into my desk and getting up to go get some pain killers for obvious reasons...

Given that last dream I am glad I rarely suffer from dreaming.

The last dream I have any recollection of was just about to hit REM sleep, freaking out feeling like I'm falling and mashing my back into my mattress with force
Hey, welcome to the thread! Yeah, that falling sensation is very common during the hypnogogic (falling asleep) stage. I especially get it when I'm sleep deprived and doze off really quickly.

I've heard a few different theories about that. One is that our brains mistake it for dying and send a jolt out to our bodies to wake up. Another is that our ancestors lived in trees and actually had to worry about it happening.

The "pushed down in the bed" feeling is what created the legend of the Incubus and Succubus, entities that sit on our chests when we're half asleep.

Hope your future dreams are better! :)

Hey, welcome to the thread! Yeah, that falling sensation is very common during the hypnogogic (falling asleep) stage. I especially get it when I'm sleep deprived and doze off really quickly.

I've heard a few different theories about that. One is that our brains mistake it for dying and send a jolt out to our bodies to wake up. Another is that our ancestors lived in trees and actually had to worry about it happening.

The "pushed down in the bed" feeling is what created the legend of the Incubus and Succubus, entities that sit on our chests when we're half asleep.

Hope your future dreams are better! :)
It was just weird since I have had less than a dream a year and the first one in forever is the brain just inducing mild panic to wake me up causing me to smash my head into furniture.
I was under the impression the incubus stuff came more from sleep paralysis but that form of jolt downward into the bed would explain part of it.

I was under the impression the incubus stuff came more from sleep paralysis but that form of jolt downward into the bed would explain part of it.
I believe you're right, but hypnagogic hallucinations are similar and start to blend with paralysis. Personally I've never felt the falling sensation, but for me I often hear people talking or sudden sounds like screams/crashes and can even have visual hallucinations with or without the jerk. If my brain is imbalanced enough it progresses to paralysis for me which is always scary.

Anyways last night I had a dream where I had an apartment with my old buddy in New York city. He went out and I was on the toilet with my pants down when these "mattress people" came into the apartment. They claimed mattresses need to be flipped every 60 days and started flipping all the mattresses. They left the front door open while doing so and my cat escaped I spent the rest of the dream chasing my cat around busy downtown New York trying to get him back.

I was back with my ex bf and he was going down on me in public 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈
Then I walked around a corner and he was doing the same to another woman, was a bit gutted at first but then somehow I was the one going down on her she was giving my ex head and he was poking me off 😂😂😂
Not dreamt in a while as well

It was just weird since I have had less than a dream a year and the first one in forever is the brain just inducing mild panic to wake me up causing me to smash my head into furniture.
Oh yeah, sleep paralysis may account more for the incubus thing. I've had that happen as well, but usually when I'm waking up as opposed to falling asleep.

I had a dream last night where I got sent to some rehab in Spain that was like prison, or maybe I chose to go, I'm not sure. It was the most mind numbingly boring place, and I couldn't remember anything, and it seemed to last so long. I couldn't remember what I was doing or why I was there for longer than a few moments at a time, but I knew something was wrong, and it was so torturous, I felt like crying the whole time. No one would talk to me, they would whisper to each other and walk away from me, except this one girl who would let me follow her around but she still wouldn't talk to me, but it was comforting that she let me hang out near her. People would open up these giant windows that looked out on an incredibly beautiful mountainous beach, but I couldn't go outside.

It's pretty eerie looking back on it. It evolved from a different dream that was much nicer, I don't really remember that one much, nor did I in the dream, except that I wanted to go back there, because I had friends and family and I was doing interesting things.

I believe you're right, but hypnagogic hallucinations are similar and start to blend with paralysis. Personally I've never felt the falling sensation, but for me I often hear people talking or sudden sounds like screams/crashes and can even have visual hallucinations with or without the jerk. If my brain is imbalanced enough it progresses to paralysis for me which is always scary.

I have only ever experienced sleep paralysis when I've been abusing serotonin releasers recently and am getting brain zaps while I'm awake. But then it happens pretty much every night. It hasn't happened in many years because I have no desire to abuse serotonin releasers anymore. For me, I have never experienced the succubus or any sense of presence of anything else, evil or otherwise, during it. But I do experience the falling feeling and a loud rushing in my ears, which is similar to the sound in my ears that I get for a split second during a brain zap (and come to think of it, the feeling, too). I guess it's kind of like an extended brain zap. The intensity and confusion of the experience is terrifying, and the only way to get out of it that I've been able to do is to sort of slowly will myself to twitch my leg over to the side of the bed and then when it falls, I snap out of it. Then almost every time, I have transitioned into VERY vivid and even lucid dreams, but generally with a very apocalyptic theme (though who knows how it would be now). I was never able to have the presence of mind to banish my fear and ride it out, it felt too extreme and intense fear was my instinctive response.

Some of my most interesting and vivid dreams have been just after a sleep paralysis episode. Also my most terrifying ones.

@Xorkoth I usually get sleep paralysis from GABAergics, namely GHB and alcohol, it happens in the days when I stop taking them. I've also experienced it when my serotonin system is all out of balance, though, like most recently.

It is indeed terrifying and extremely confusing every time it happens, not something one can get used to.

For me the worst part is the extreme "buzzing" I physically feel, as if my body is literally exploding (so hard to describe), I often panic and am internally screaming "Call 911!!", And then the confusion of not being able to reach for the phone... Then eyes open and I'll see shit like zombie arms coming out of the wall trying to grab me.

Shit is fucked 😧

The hypnagogic jerks and auditory hallucinations aren't as bad because they only last a moment. I got used to those, but still uncomfortable.

Oh man, zombie arms coming out of the walls would make it so much worse! I'm thankful I haven't experienced anything that seems evil about it, but yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about with the extreme buzzing. For me it's accompanied by a feeling of falling, too. It reminds me of when I was a kid, I often woke up suddenly in a moment of terror, feeling like I was falling. But I would be wide awake and not paralyzed when it happened.

My girlfriend gets hypnic jerks when she's tired and especially when she's falling asleep. She jerks violently sometimes, to the point that it hurts. It used to freak me out, I thought she was going to have a seizure. Now I just think it's cute. But it's just normal for her. She doesn't really ever do any drugs anymore either, and only ever tripped a few times, smoked weed sometimes, and drank sometimes.