• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth ⫸Methamphetamine Megathread⫷

One time I somehow accidentally got given shards of MDMA instead of Tina and IDK the economics of MDMA but I wasn't complaining.

Don't slam, eat, or smoke it anymore. I just crush and snort it, despite the pain it causes in my face right after I snort it.

I'm on a short break from meth right now. When I'm back and I score some, I'm thinking about plugging it. I tried that with Dilaudid and it worked wonders. I would imagine that it would work well with meth too. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Wow snorting it is more popular here than I remember it ever being when I was doing my thing. That was my preferred roa too but almost everyone I knew either smoked it or shot it

So now I believe the feds lie about it being 95-99% pure, OR…. They just lie about it being mostly D isomer. 90% of it SUCKS because of whatever crap is mixed in. Gives me all side effects, heart rate so high I can’t move or take more. It’s almost all like this now and I thought it was permanent tolerance but then someone from a trailer park gave me a tiny bit and it blew me away. Superman energy. Not the same stuff so it had to be lies about it testing in the high 90s % purity of or claims about it being d isomer. Or maybe 1% L isomer is enough to RUIN it totally.
So I tried meth for the very first time in my (46 year) life tonight. I have always been a social drinker but that’s picked up a bit since divorce 4 years ago. Though I still take occasional nights off and am fine so not too physically addicted & also hold a good job of the last 12 years. Last year I tried coke for the first time and when finances allow I will buy a g here and there, again just recreational and not chasing at all. Enough backstory.
I have a co-worker that I recently hired and he CLEARLY has a major meth habit, as you can tell visibly and also I saw his criminal background. My coworker friends and I have laughs at his expense and nicknames for him like “Methany”.
Anyway curiosity, and lack of coke for 2 weeks, got the best of me so I caved and tried it. He gave me a small bubbler rig and just shy of a gram (.85) to try it out. I have to say I wasn’t impressed. First impression was the smell and taste was absolutely disgusting! I was a bit nervous so I started light doing about half of it and waited. Although I felt “something”, it was far from this euphoric rush and energy I was expecting. In fact it felt basically like Adderall, which I am prescribed but only rarely take because I hate the dry mouth and dick shriveling side effects. About an hour later I did the rest of it and my opinion is still the same. Maybe it’s just not for me, which is good I guess. Bummer of it is that it’s cheaper than coke by far and (supposedly) lasts a lot longer as a stimulant and motivating substance.
Is this just how it goes for some people? Or is it like you said, the quality is just mass produced imported crap?

So I tried meth for the very first time in my (46 year) life tonight. I have always been a social drinker but that’s picked up a bit since divorce 4 years ago. Though I still take occasional nights off and am fine so not too physically addicted & also hold a good job of the last 12 years. Last year I tried coke for the first time and when finances allow I will buy a g here and there, again just recreational and not chasing at all. Enough backstory.
I have a co-worker that I recently hired and he CLEARLY has a major meth habit, as you can tell visibly and also I saw his criminal background. My coworker friends and I have laughs at his expense and nicknames for him like “Methany”.
Anyway curiosity, and lack of coke for 2 weeks, got the best of me so I caved and tried it. He gave me a small bubbler rig and just shy of a gram (.85) to try it out. I have to say I wasn’t impressed. First impression was the smell and taste was absolutely disgusting! I was a bit nervous so I started light doing about half of it and waited. Although I felt “something”, it was far from this euphoric rush and energy I was expecting. In fact it felt basically like Adderall, which I am prescribed but only rarely take because I hate the dry mouth and dick shriveling side effects. About an hour later I did the rest of it and my opinion is still the same. Maybe it’s just not for me, which is good I guess. Bummer of it is that it’s cheaper than coke by far and (supposedly) lasts a lot longer as a stimulant and motivating substance.
Is this just how it goes for some people? Or is it like you said, the quality is just mass produced imported crap?
Try it orally. What dose of Adderall do you take? Meth is essentially stronger, more euphoric Adderall, with even more dry mouth and vasoconstriction, so it might just not be for you.

Yeah how come some people say meth is the best thing ever and some aren't impressed at all. Really curious how that works.

Meth makes everything better.

Not sure how anyone couldn't love the feeling.

But I understand how people hate it due to the comedown and damage it causes.

Modern-day mass produced cartel meth is pretty unimpressive, particularly when smoked. I was never a big meth fan even back when high quality pseudoephedrine derived meth was predominant (a decade ago), but this new cartel stuff is notably less euphoric and pleasant, particularly when smoked. It has sort of a fuzzy, scattered high, edgy feel to it, and almost has a dissociative quality to it.

My theory is that, while mostly dextromethamphetamine, it has enough remaining levomethamphetamine in it to be pharmacologically relevant (in terms of overall perceived effect). Keep in mind, l-methamphetamine is a selective and potent norepinephrine releasing agent, so even small amounts (say 5%) would change the feel of it compared to enantiomerically pure d-meth (such as that made from pseudoephedrine -- which the mexicans abandoned in favor of the much cheaper precursor P2P; this produces a 50:50 ratio of d-meth:l-meth, which they then take some more steps to lower the l-meth content, but it never really gets much less than 7%). The resulting product has a different feel to it than pure d-meth since l-meth is some pretty nasty stuff (l-methamphetamine is an even more selective norepinephrine releasing agent than straight ephedrine). The presence of this l-meth content is most apparent when smoked because of the speed of onset and relatively small amount that can be smoked in one hit. Large oral doses are better since the onset is more gradual and the release of serotonin (which only occurs significantly at higher doses) helps smooth out the rough edges.

So yeah I could see a first timer smoking this newer stuff and thinking that it's a shitty drug. Again, being primarily an opioid abuser, I was never a meth afficionado, but over the course of my life I've probably consumed in total a few ounces of meth (most of which was the older pseudoephedrine-derived meth), and the differences between the two are quite clear. And the differences between the old pseudo d-meth and this new mass-produced dirt cheap mexican cartel meth become most abundantly clear when it is smoked. When taken orally however, at high doses (enough to evoke notably serotonin release, perhaps 80mg+) the differences are less apparent. Still feels different, but not nearly as dramatically so as when smoked.

Anyone who has has both the pseudoephedrine derived d-meth, and this new P2P derived "mostly d-meth, with some l-meth" cartel made shit, knows that the difference is striking. Aside from the effect profile, the crystals themselves appear different (the crystals are not completely clear, are more much more fragile and shale-like, whereas good pure crystalline d-meth is very hard, and completely clear and glass-like).

The crystalline structure of the new mass produced cartel meth

definitely a big step down, especially when smoked.

Modern-day mass produced cartel meth is pretty unimpressive, particularly when smoked. I was never a big meth fan even back when high quality pseudoephedrine derived meth was predominant (a decade ago), but this new cartel stuff is notably less euphoric and pleasant when smoked. It has sort of a fuzzy, scattered high, edgy feel to it, and almost has a dissociative quality to it. My theory is that, while mostly dextromethamphetamine, it has enough remaining levomethamphetamine in it to be pharmacologically relevant. L-methamphetamine is a selective and potent norepinephrine releasing agent, so even small amounts (say 4%) would change the feel of it compared to enantiomerically pure d-meth (such as that made from pseudoephedrine -- which the mexicans abandoned in favor of the much cheaper precursor P2P; this produces a 50:50 ratio of d-meth to l-meth, upon which they take some more steps to lower the l-meth content, but never really much less than 7%). The resulting product has a different feel to it than pure d-meth since l-meth is some pretty nasty stuff (l-methamphetamine is even a more selective norepinephrine releasing agent than straight ephedrine). The presence of this l-meth content is most apparently when smoked because of the speed of onset and relatively small amount that can be smoked in one hit. Large oral doses are better since the onset is more gradual and the release of serotonin (which only occurs significantly at higher doses) helps smooth out the rough edges.

So yeah I could see a first timer smoking this newer stuff and thinking that it's a shitty drug. Again was never a meth afficionado but this new stuff, which is sold at shockingly low prices, is definitely a step down, especially when smoked.
Wow. Brilliant and impressive piece of documentation right there! Bravo and thanks for it. I miss the pseudoephedrine days more all the time. My complaints are something that I have to abandon, and I understand why this shit is damn near given away. Total different and weird ass substance.