• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering 15 years Methadone quit clinic need help tapering

I just want to say I appreciate your candidness and honesty about your struggle. It sounds like you've been through the ringer and I admire the fact that you are doing an all natural comedown with herbs. I really wish people would give them a try more often to help them get over the rough times because they don't prolong hard drug use. Kudos to you. Please share more experiences, I think a lot of people could benefit from hearing of your struggles and successes.
I appreciate that. I have my own thread of my journey I started like a week ago.

Natural supplementation has always been a passion. Herbs, roots, flowers, bark, whatever its all medicine it all has a purpose and there's an endless list of beneficial and psychoactive plants. Not to mention the psychedelic that come from Mother earth. I would much rather take the natural route than pharmaceuticals wherever possible.

Your post made me smile.

Yeah you can taper from higher doses faster. I have tapered from 100mg+ when I was using lots to sub 60mg in less than a month. Didn't need to be on 100mg either when not using. Easy to go on a 2 week binge, stop using, then have to raise your dose. 10mg one day, 10mg the next, 5mg the next, and now 25mg higher. By the time the dope withdrawal wears off it already mostly hooked into you, but can still drop it fast.

When you get under 20/30mg is when it starts to get really hard. Then sub 10mg even harder and get ready to jump if you're going to.

With everything you described I believe it may be possible to taper down on the fentanyl a bit more and switch over to suboxone. You will probably have to be sick for a good 48-72hrs before you can make the switch though.

I also agree that going back on methadone and properly tapering would be best but I also understand not being able to because of your job. If you are already stable on several bags of fent then you can continue your taper and switch but it will take a lot of determination. Be careful with the fentanyl though because it's playing with fire.

As for your stomach I have no idea other than whatever weird RC opiods they're selling as dope now a days started doing similar things to my stomach. Along with a host of other weird symptoms. You've also been putting your body through a lot. Switching opiods isn't always straight forward.

Good luck. Be careful and keep us updated.

Somni
I got of 150 mg this is a nugget of info everyone , must hear .... I tried tapering 5 time s at least no success.. my last time /final time getting off was a accident . A friend of mine had the pellet in his arm gave me the
With everything you described I believe it may be possible to taper down on the fentanyl a bit more and switch over to suboxone. You will probably have to be sick for a good 48-72hrs before you can make the switch though.

I also agree that going back on methadone and properly tapering would be best but I also understand not being able to because of your job. If you are already stable on several bags of fent then you can continue your taper and switch but it will take a lot of determination. Be careful with the fentanyl though because it's playing with fire.

As for your stomach I have no idea other than whatever weird RC opiods they're selling as dope now a days started doing similar things to my stomach. Along with a host of other weird symptoms. You've also been putting your body through a lot. Switching opiods isn't always straight forward.

Good luck. Be careful and

I think methadone withdrawal is different for everyone. I know people who've come off 100mg within a month with no withdrawal. Smoke herb and go to work etc no problem.

I know people that still aren't right after a year.

I know people who on 100mg+ doses can't taper more than 1mg a week without being sick. I tapered up to 20mg a week with zero withdrawal. No meds used during this time.

I came off 300mg within 4 months, and I can say without the meds I had id probably have been in trouble but nowhere near death.

Weeks after stopping i was eating up 5k calories a day and drinking a gallon of water a day. Idk how people can't eat during withdrawal. Im famished always. If puking is an issue which I was for me get some anti nausea.

We at the very least for 6mg imodium and .3mg clonidine a day in jail. Off any habit. If it was methadone im sure we'd get libirum or ativan/baclofen.
MUST READ I was on 200mg for 5 yrs tried tapering 5 times no success so my 5th and final time I was at 5mg daily , a friend of mine gave me a naltrexone tablet . that looked or felt like my adderall I took daily . I mistakenly took the naltrexone and and went into instant withdrawal 6-7hrs (i take any day over month suffering) the following day all my muscles aches but no weakness no sickness , so I looked up naltrexone opiod blocker found out this Dr . Dr Wiseirman in Ca.. invented this quick method of detox charges 8k to get of opiod puts u under & injects u w/ naltrexone an ur out a week. Sick free. warning !I would have probably died if I was taking 150mg methadone and took that pill do not try unless on 10 mg or less . And stay close to the bathroom bc I probably u will loose 10 + lbs of backed up shit for being constaped 4 yrs it so freeing

I really don’t no what it is but when people bring that word up addicts get scared 😱 like is it like a (M.A.T) program or somthing more like vistaral were it just is an opiate blocker idk I’m just wounding also does it hurt like I’ve been on and off H and I’ve also been on and off suboxone befor but never did the methadone thing cz WD is a bitch I Hurd you would rather go have the WD from the boi then you would the methadone lol now that seems kinda fishy also I use to date a girl who would have me take her to the clinic for her dose and dead ass there was more people running in and out the main door serving people there shit and it wasn’t methadone let’s just say that so I’m siting there just waiting watching and that’s shits like an open market for opiates the fucking place was popin off harder faster then the fucking trap houses in the hood so I was like what’s the point in starting methadone if the WD are worse and I’ll be at a “dope house” aka the clinic anyways like for a new person trying to quit let’s say H / food /boi okay so there trying to quit and u send them there with all the dope going in and out the fucking place you literally got 0 chance that your not leaving with some for yourself and all you wanted was some help but learned it’s harder to get off of and a shit ton of people must be getting high on it or dead ass only there to score some dope I dead ass don’t get it like fuck now I’m just ranting like a crazy person ahha my bad but lmk what’s Ibogaine I’m curious 🧐 I been hereing about it more in vidja on YouTube about drugs / addiction uk kinda like some drugs inc video but again my bad for ranting lmao 😂 swim will just blame it on the drugs 😂😂😱😱

MUST READ I was on 200mg for 5 yrs tried tapering 5 times no success so my 5th and final time I was at 5mg daily , a friend of mine gave me a naltrexone tablet . that looked or felt like my adderall I took daily . I mistakenly took the naltrexone and and went into instant withdrawal 6-7hrs (i take any day over month suffering) the following day all my muscles aches but no weakness no sickness , so I looked up naltrexone opiod blocker found out this Dr . Dr Wiseirman in Ca.. invented this quick method of detox charges 8k to get of opiod puts u under & injects u w/ naltrexone an ur out a week. Sick free. warning !I would have probably died if I was taking 150mg methadone and took that pill do not try unless on 10 mg or less . And stay close to the bathroom bc I probably u will loose 10 + lbs of backed up shit for being constaped 4 yrs it so freeing
Omg the shits you get from coming off any opiates really you eat /smoke /shoot/boof/snort or do it some way idk about I guess for so many days Like when your lower back hurts and it’s like a pressure not like a pain pain but more like a what’s that my back should be fine kinda pressure then u do all your boi and say u been on and off dope 5 years so when ur on it it’s not like for a test run it’s like a full let’s fucking get it or nothing type of user that SWIM is you guys feel now waking up shaking /cold /hot /goosebumps / muscles are hurting but also cramped up at the same time you really don’t even wanna move but you also can’t sleep or stop tossing and turning cz the uncomfortableness in your body and oh ya your minds racing cz unless u gotta way to get your shit for the day it’s the only thing on your mind cz you can’t have it and it’s the only thing that will fix it but wait there’s more haha some people will also puke and just be so full of shit that it’s gonna hurt on its way out a normal person has probably never even had to shit that much at once let alone relies that while u just wake up and are taking the worst shit of your life your also sick as a fucking dawg with all the other problems SWIM may have or has to go threw during WD

I jumped off 300mg methadone a day in 4 months.

Tapered to 138mg in 2.5 months, barely any withdrawal. The doctor switched me to suboxone. Before he switched me I started taking suboxone on my own. 0.25mg a day for two weeks. Then he switched me from 138mg methadone next day 2mg a day for 2 days. Then 4mg for 2 days, then 6, then 8, until I hit 24mg a day. By day 5 or 6 I went into massive precipitated withdrawal. Worse than being IVd narcan. Hallucinating, panic attacks, puking, and literally the worst body pain I've ever felt, I was screaming as loud as I could, I felt like every bone and muscle had been broken and torn. It was literally unbareable. I was shreaking for an hour im surprised the neighbors didn't call 911. I immediately dosed 6mg clonazepam and 4mil gbl, zero tolerance to both but I was fucking scared man. Ive been through hardcore detoxes but never felt like that. Klonopin doesn't show up on our clinic tests and had about 200mg saved for when id have to come off it.. Even with those drugs it still took nearly 1.5 hours to go to sleep. If I didn't have these meds I would have called 911. Ive never gone to ER for opioid withdrawal. Woke up completely fine. Had to take my night time suboxone dose, withdrawal again. This went on for 2 weeks, 2x a day everyday. It was brutal. Each time the withdrawal was less and less. After the first week of precipitated withdrawal I could function just felt shitty. I used klonopin, gbl, gabapentin, baclofen, phenibut, clonidine. Use two of them a day and rotating. Most intense detox ive gone through but not the most difficult with those meds. I could feel the methadone withdrawal but also feel the suboxone benefits so it was strange. If I didn't have all these meds, half from the doc other half didn't show up on tests, then I'd have gone off the deep end.

1 month or so on suboxone total including those weeks of precip withdrawal, once I was finally stable I quit 24mg cold turkey. Used these meds for the next two weeks. Stayed sober for two weeks after and it was hell man. Withdrawal. Lots of it.

Ended up taking kratom on one week off one week for a few months. Despite years on methadone the kratom got me really High, the WD from that too though was bad. Not methadone bad but it still sucked and lasted 2 weeks. 25g kratom withdrawal was similar to 120mg+ oxy WD, at least to ME. Except the depression and anxiety were like a mild benzo withdrawal. Constant panic attacks. Im not an anxious person at all normally.

I've been off methadone for six months. Off kratom for 35 days. Take 0.3mg clonidine spreadout at night to sleep, with valerian and ashwaghanda. No other meds.

I'm still not right. Withdrawal is over but PAWS is brutal from methadone. I have good days though. Some days I really struggle with body pains, restlessness, panic attacks, insomnia, bad brain fog etc. You just dont feel it yet because you're still taking fent and loperamide, albeit low doses.

My gut still isn't right man. It feels so messed up. If you aren't pooping immense amounts a day that means you still have a lot of opioids in you even if it doesn't feel like it. Once you kick rhe fent and loperamide you'll feel how you really are going to feel, not forever obviously. Lope is way stronger than people give it credit. Esp in high doses.

Loperamide is prolonging inevitable. Even in 2-8mg a day doses i found it just prolonged withdrawal.
amazing testimony, thank you for the specific details. super valuable in a place like this. thank you.

kind of daunting too, but inspiring.

QUESTION; you say you were on 300mg right? as addicts, we tend to go up on methadone out of compulsion or greed, I’m curious, did it really take you 300mg to get stable or did you find you were stable at a much lower dose & just went up because, well addiction? lol ?

I had been on Methadone for a long time. It has never taken away cravings and about a year ago I started using fentanyl on the side to catch a buzz. I started using about a gram of the fent a dope a week along wih 170mg Methadone.

Well suprise, my clinic started testing for Fent and I got hit. They took my takehomes and I travel for work, have a great job, family, etc and never failed a test before, so I told them Im out.

I have read about Bernese Method, and have been wanting to switch to suboxone and leave the clinic for a long time so this I considered my time.
I saved my split dose for a week, and then left,
Went immediately down to 90 a week, then tapered the split dose and on Xmas eve jumped off at 30mg methadone.

Monday after Christmas I started Suboxone microdose.
0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 12 and on 12 day drop
Fent.
Well it went ok till day 6 when the precipitated withdrawals got worse and the fent would take the edge off. Day 7 no fent was hell. Hallucinations, manic, huge double vision, just frightening.
It scared me and I cracked.

So now I am taking clonidine, Agmatine, and fent.
I am down to like 2-3 bags per day. A couple weeks ago I was at a gram every day and a half.

im going 4 hours between doses, and 12 hours at night. Im sleeping okayish, and not feeling much anxiety or other WD.
My problem is my stomach. I feel nauseous around 3pm-7pm every day. Its hard to eat. I havent been able to poop much which is odd.

loperamide seems to help the nausea as does a little fent.
My dr is no help. Is stomach problems common? Should I quit and go back to the clinic...

I want to feel normal, then taper down. I feel close but my stomach gets so uncomfortable
Any ideas?
Thanks yall
I've been down this route myself. I was on a high dose of methadone for several years, been kicked out, the whole 9 yards. I even left the state to get in treatment over 500 miles from home and even left my family, kids, wife and all to do it.. I DO get where you're coming from, but at some point along the way I finally decided to grow up and I was already over 45 years old with several arrest warrants hanging on me..
So long story short I had to drag my sorry ass back to treatment and play by their rules. I went back, got up to 150 mgs and I DID get plain feed up with the obnoxious staff, blah, blah, blah.. Don't let them get to you. I had to lose all takeouts too, but I stuck with it while living in a shed for over 8 years.. One day I got in an argument with my "counselor" a woman I hated the sight of, but I apologized anyway even though I didn't mean a word of it. I just swallowed it all. I was at 155 mgs the day I decided I'd had enough and told them I want to taper off. At first I was able to drop about 10 mgs a week easy and got down to 25 mgs then hit a wall so I stayed at 25 for about a year while my "counselor" did nothing but complain about my hygiene.. At the time I worked every day collecting scrap metal in the HOT Texas sun all day and I had no shower, just a garden hose to clean up. Imagine jumping in and out of dumpsters every day in 100+ degree weather and try to smell fresh as a daisy.. Mind you I haven't had a drivers license since 1994 so lots of driving without a license tickets, arrests, vehicles impounded, etc..AND on a high dose of methadone..
Still I did ween down 1 mg every two weeks until the day I could walk out the door of the clinic and give my now infamous middle finger salute to the entire staff with zero milligrams circulating in my system..
I stayed clean for about 7 years and one day I hurt my back and was right back to the races with fentinyle (sp) for 5 years.. I'm 61 now, 62 in July and got back in treatment in another state in a MUCH BETTER clinic. This time around I never let my dose get over the initial 30mgs. I stayed at 25 for about 5 months then decided to start tapering down again. I'm currently at 7 mgs a day dropping to 6 next week, 5 in two weeks, 4 two weeks after that and eventually off at zero again.. I'm REALLY looking forward to it, but it's not in the least bit easy..
Bottom line is you HAVE to play by all their petty, vindictive and arbitrary rules like it or not or you will be on this tread mill the rest of your life. Even those days you feel like reaching across the counter to rip someone's face right off their skull you have to keep your cool.. Make it your own rules within the boundaries of their rules. It isn't easy and you'll have to put up with endless shit, but in the long run you can walk out of the clinic free and clear.. A year? two years? That's nothing..
Five years ago, maybe six I moved to where I'm at with nothing but the clothes on my back and an old guitar. Last week I purchased a brand new table saw for over $3000 and have a full shop of woodworking tools and have a pretty bright future.. You CAN do this.. Just don't give up.. Good luck man.. You CAN DO it..
Side note.. I just buried my old man last spring (cremated actually). He was 91 and I'm in worse shape physically than he was when he passed away. The years will really fly by if you let it. The past 5 years on fentynil (sp) were like one big blur.. Time has slowed down a bit, but I'm just too old to keep playing this game. I've rebuilt relationships worth keeping and for the first time in my entire adult life I have a few real assets.. I even have my dads house that just closed on probate this morning, a full woodworking shop, a wonderful woman I can actually trust and a bed I know I can sleep in every night. hell, I even have a shred of credit again with my cell phone carrier.. These drugs, as much as they can make the pain go away come with huge costs nobody tells you about. Everything from dire poverty, arrest records to constipation so bad you have to wear rubber gloves to reach up your own ass just to shit.. If that sounds like your kind of life..well...have at it.. I'm done with it.

Last edited:
I've been on and off heroin for 15 years now (usually on) and I don't think I've ever had a stable GI tract once I became dependent on opiates. Aloe juice helps ALOT with general GI problems, as do the old stand bys of ginger, mint, and rice. You have given your body quite a shock and it's going to take A LONG time for it to reach homeostasis. Like I said, I personally still have problems with my stomach, but strangely I never really had any nausea problems until recently. I began using again this past june after about a year off of heroin, and it immediately gave me severe nausea all the time. I'm really not sure why other than the fact that that's one of the things opiates fuck with the most is your GI tract.
I highly recommend kratom for withdrawls. I have been using kratom to kick this time around and it's a fantastic option. I'm able to go to work and be normal in my personal relationships. This was definitely never the case in the past, even with subs, which I found only to prolong the kick. Granted you are kicking a higher habit than I am, I still really recommend it. The only thing I'm worried about for you is the nausea. Kratom does tend to make people nauseous, mostly (I believe) because it tastes horrendous. That's an easy thing to get around however, because they have it in capsules, which I'm sure you know. I think it's easier to figure out how much you are dosing yourself as well when you get it in capsules.
In regards to your stomach I also suggest taking a probiotic, drinking kombucha tea, and eating any fermented foods you can get ahold of (like saurkraut). I began fermenting my own veggies with whey strained from plain yogurt to get all those extra probiotics as well. I find all this hippie shit to help tremendously. It sounds like alot of work, but kicking in general is alot of work.
Because of all the damage I've done to my body I pretty much have to consistently take the things I've mentioned. I eat alot of homemade soups as well, which are chockfull of all the healthy wonderful things that I was denying myself while I was strung out. There are tons of recipes for super yummy super healthy foods that specifically target the gut, keeping it healthy, and calming nausea, the shits, and what have you.
You can do this dude. Stick with it (I'd go with kratom)don't get down on yourself, and let your body heal. Whatever you put into it right now is of the upmost importance, try to only put things into it that will heal, and be of comfort to you. You're amazing and beautiful, and you can do anything!
I am curious to know what kind of Kratom you use. I cannot tolerate anything that makes me feel speedy or anxious. I already have anxiety issues. But I've been doing dope for 18 years and I'm on day 3 of nothing. No energy no appetite. Any advice is welcome.

I have some kratom sitting around on the shelf. It did help me when I ran out of everything, but it's so nasty tasting. If I had to liken it to anything it's like swallowing the crud from under a lawn mower after its been there over the winter..but hey! Nothing beats a nice long day of withdrawal like feeling like you're melting down from the inside out.. The red varieties have a lot less of the edgy feeling to them.
Swallow your pride and get back in the clinic. I put up with close to 10 years putting up with some fat ass bitch of a "counselor" I would have just as soon watch her starve to death as look at her, but it was what it was..I survived it.

Last edited:
just wanted to check in.

i have been off Methadone now since christmas eve. It was a hellish January for sure.

im down to 3-4 bags of fentanyl per day. About 50mg per bag.
i have been using Agmatine which really helps for two weeks than I take a break. It decreases your tolerance pretty good.
In between I have been takinh Voacanga Africana root bark which is similar to Ibogaine. It helps as well with tolerance.

one thing that confuses me is this whole Fentanyl and Bupe thing. My theory is that regular fentanyl useds could induce into subs easily but people taking analogues with long half lives are the ones who have trouble at
48 hours.
I have Ibogaine on the way and am going to use it to taper down more. I do not want to go to the clinic. I made it this far. If I could get takehomes right away I may do it... but my work schedule would make daily dosing very hard.

I did not go crazy and sell all my possessions like someone above said... so far.

but Ill tell you, without agmatine and voacanga this would be impossible for me. I do feel like ive hit a wall a bit. I have dropped my usage so far from Christmas, I just need to figure out how to keep tapering.

i have tried Red Mang da kratom and about 10 grams helps quite a bit but the nausea sucks. If I could do kratom with no nausea I may be set
I just mixed the material in water and drank it

You get used to the nasuea. I used to dose 40g a day. I get anxiety from kratom no matter the kind.

I replied saying I was on 300mg of methadone and detoxed off it and made it 10 months.

The paws was unbareable day after day nearly an entire year off of it. I got on subs. 2mg a day, 1mg morning 1mg night. Its been a life saver. It felt great to be 100% off everything but I just couldn't struggle anymore that long off of methadone.

Find memantine. At 80mg a day, taken 2x daily, it removed almost all my withdrawal symtpoms. It also reduces or prevents tolerance build up. It allowed me to get to a sober state much much faster than I would have without it. Its really powerful shit.

God bless. Hang in there.

amazing testimony, thank you for the specific details. super valuable in a place like this. thank you.

kind of daunting too, but inspiring.

QUESTION; you say you were on 300mg right? as addicts, we tend to go up on methadone out of compulsion or greed, I’m curious, did it really take you 300mg to get stable or did you find you were stable at a much lower dose & just went up because, well addiction? lol

To wake up with zero withdrawal and make to dose at the clinic without a single yawn I needed 300mg. To actually be able to get through the day yet be very slightly sick through the night but still sleeping 6 hours I could get by on 230mg.

Once I got weeks of takehomes I would always take one full day off a week. Sell my 300mg for $150 lol and just tough it out. I also enjoyed the clear headed soberness of that day each week.

To wake up with zero withdrawal and make to dose at the clinic without a single yawn I needed 300mg. To actually be able to get through the day yet be very slightly sick through the night but still sleeping 6 hours I could get by on 230mg.

Once I got weeks of takehomes I would always take one full day off a week. Sell my 300mg for $150 lol and just tough it out. I also enjoyed the clear headed soberness of that day each week.
wow, thats an incredibly high dosage, you look pretty muscular & "big" so im sure that & a monster tolerance played a part?

thanks for the info.

wow, thats an incredibly high dosage, you look pretty muscular & "big" so im sure that & a monster tolerance played a part?

thanks for the info.

My size and tolerance yes. I was using MAF and PMAF which are RC fentanyl analogues. Bought very cheap from china so I binged hard. It shot my tolerance so high. My metabolism and being on steroids at the time had me burning through my methadone dose so fast.

Now I take 1mg of sub in the am and its got me high all day, and another 1mg at night. Ive been on this dose for 8 or 9 weeks and it still gets me really high everyday.

My size and tolerance yes. I was using MAF and PMAF which are RC fentanyl analogues. Bought very cheap from china so I binged hard. It shot my tolerance so high. My metabolism and being on steroids at the time had me burning through my methadone dose so fast.

Now I take 1mg of sub in the am and its got me high all day, and another 1mg at night. Ive been on this dose for 8 or 9 weeks and it still gets me really high everyday.
wow. yeah cus you look big. not in a bad way or none. fentanyl is that bitch to really fuck up ones tolerance. thats insane. did you buy that shit online? or were you actually in china?

ive been on methadone for 7 years.. just about, & have been at 130mgs I think for 3 of those years or so? well, ive tapered down to 5-6mgs in less than a month since I have 27 take homes.

not gone lie though, im using opiates for the withdrawals but at this point anything is better than methadone & how its 'destroying' my body. I feel like yes, it was a true stepping stone for me to change my life around, etc, but now its just 'time' to leave it in the past.

I just asked my counselor about suboxen.. are you on suboxen or subutex ?

im wondering if im best to transition to that or just use the opiates to curve withdrawals then taper off the opiates. which I know I can, cus I wanna be completely 100% sober. TBH.

I'm on suboxone. Ive used subutex too. I prefer subutex but they both are nearly the same.

I bought the fent online.

I used these drugs for the methadone withdrawal and they quelled it well.

Memantine - bought online. Takes away 70% of WD away dosed 40-100mg daily

Clonidine - from doctor. Helps sleep and stops chills and sweating

Baclofen/gabapentin- from doctor.. stops anxiety and restlessness, cravings, helps sleep.

These 3 really will kill 95% of the withdrawal for me if not 100%.

I suggest going on a low dose of subs perhaps 2mg, and tapering off that if you can't get the above meds.

I only suggest using opioids if youre only using a small dose of them say 30mg of oxycodone a day.

You are essentially cold turkeying 170mg of methadone and taking whatever you can to make yourself feel better.

Not gonna work.

If you couldn't stop whatever habit in the past, stayed on methadone for 15 years, using on top of 170mg; what makes you think you can stop now?

I don't even think subs will work for you. They do nothing for long term methadone patients. Read around. They did very little for me. Kratom is even sillier. Do some and tell me if you feel it. I never felt it in my life.

Go back to the clinic and stabilize on the lowest dose you can and taper like a normal person if you want off. What you are doing now is only going to end up terrible. If you do this, you will be the 1st guy in history to kick 15 years of methadone with dope. The guys before you either died, went to jail, or ended back at the clinic depending on how long they kept trying.

Coming off 15 years of 170mg doses, your body is going to take years to stabilize. If someone told me they were on 170mg for 15 years I would bet my life savings this guy is a lifer. The only way off would be like a 1mg a week taper. Very slowly. Along with the absolute best healthy lifestyle possible.

Also you are damaging your body by not eating. 3 weeks off methadone you should be eating like a mad man.

You gonna come out this withdrawal retarded man. Or in deep shit. Be careful. Again, best is to get back to clinic and stabilize, then come down slow. If even possible. If you still have access to the internet in 1 year let me know how you are doing.
Agree

Just out of curiosity how does one shit when taking 300 mgs of methadone a day? I should know since I was on 150 which isn't much different than 15.. On thing I definitely do NOT miss is having to reach inside myself to break up my own turds..
I know..sounds every bit as gross as it is. Wear gloves with plenty of lubrication.. It's still gross..

Just out of curiosity how does one shit when taking 300 mgs of methadone a day? I should know since I was on 150 which isn't much different than 15.. On thing I definitely do NOT miss is having to reach inside myself to break up my own turds..
I know..sounds every bit as gross as it is. Wear gloves with plenty of lubrication.. It's still gross..
Sounds gross, but every single opiate addict knows ALL about it.
I recall about 10-12 years ago here on Bluelight there was a thread where some guy used afork from his aunty's kitchen drawer to pull out his poop cos there was no other way he could think of to get it out, and was then debating whether he should wash it and put it back in the kitchen drawer :D

Does anyone else remember that??? Surely I'm not the only one.

Anyway, to answer your question, when I was using, I took HEAPS and heaps of fibre supplement capsules (psyllium husk) and drank heaps of water every day to help me poop. I was still constipated every day but I could at least get it out....without using a fork 😆