• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball 2022-2023 NBA Basketball & Fantasy

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Hey guys & gals!! I'm about to do a fantasy basketball league.

Regular season starts 10/19. Not sure how preseason works or if you get points during it. I figure so. I've never done a league before. But I'm going to create an ESPN league.

Y'all join me please!!

Last edited:
Hell yeah, I hadn't even bothered since my thread last year was only 2 pages long lol 😝.

I've never done fantasy for nba before. Is it fun?

Hell yeah, I hadn't even bothered since my thread last year was only 2 pages long lol 😝.

I've never done fantasy for nba before. Is it fun?
I have only done it once, just kinda joined a public league. It was actually very fun. Basically your team stacks points weekly and you have weekly matchups, head to head. Similar to football, just with multiple games a week and different positions.

But yeah I'd love if some people joined and we got into it together, we can learn as we go. I really want to get back into basketball again. It was the only sport I actually played in HS and was good at. I love the Washington team, but they are similar to the Commanders in that they are usually mediocre and on the verge, with some bad losing seasons in the mix too. Fun as shit to watch though it's very entertaining.

Yeah, I'm not sure when to do the draft, but I guess it's similar to football and we just do it right before the regular season starts, which is the middle of October I believe.

Would love if someone with some experience with it got in the mix to help guide us, but it should be fun either way. If we don't get enough ppl between here and irl, I'll just open to public.

Would love if someone with some experience with it got in the mix to help guide us, but it should be fun either way. If we don't get enough ppl between here and irl, I'll just open to public.

there used to be some nba pros here back in the day but not much interest besides me and you lately. Maybe we can recruit the nfl fantasy guys over here

but that's ok i loves ya anyways

i did hockey a couple times too - it sucks because of the way the games are scheduled - you might have 1 team playing 4 times in a week and another team only playing once that week - it's a pain in the ass and not very manageable

football sticks to the schedule - the only thing i still don't like are Thursday night games, but they're not going away because the NFL is all about money

and then baseball is mostly everyday - so that works too

C'mon @Nurse Ratched shoot some fantasy hoops with me! We can work on your jump shot, I know it can't be all that.
Thanks for the invite, and the vote of confidence, but this chick is just not interested.

I am, however, very happy about your enthusiasm lately around the forum. In OD and in here as well as other places. I know you aren't at peace yet, and I know you are still in mourning but your outlook on life.....and BL.........is very refreshing. It warms my heart to see you genuinely happy even if it is forced.

Looking forward to see if your business can make a go of it. Sounds like you have the motivation......the cost of supplies might be a bit rough. xoxo

Thanks for the invite, and the vote of confidence, but this chick is just not interested.

I am, however, very happy about your enthusiasm lately around the forum. In OD and in here as well as other places. I know you aren't at peace yet, and I know you are still in mourning but your outlook on life.....and BL.........is very refreshing. It warms my heart to see you genuinely happy even if it is forced.

Looking forward to see if your business can make a go of it. Sounds like you have the motivation......the cost of supplies might be a bit rough. xoxo
Luckily this gentleman just got a genuine clock punching job, which I'll start training at today. It's just a convenience store but whatever it's money. Should be interesting and I'm hoping it gives me the funding to start the business idea.

Yeah, I've just been throwing myself at everything to keep myself distracted from the sorrow. It really hurts. I've written a eulogy to say on Sunday. I'm very nervous for it.

Luckily this gentleman just got a genuine clock punching job, which I'll start training at today. It's just a convenience store but whatever it's money. Should be interesting and I'm hoping it gives me the funding to start the business idea.

Yeah, I've just been throwing myself at everything to keep myself distracted from the sorrow. It really hurts. I've written a eulogy to say on Sunday. I'm very nervous for it.
You'll do fine at the service honey and congrats on the job. In my lifetime a job has always been a good thing as regardless of what I was doing there was a paycheck involved and that's always a good thing.

I would love to join; I know nothing about fantasy; but me and my son are fanbois; Watched more NBA than anything the last few years. I'm into the Cavs cuz they got Donovan Mitchell; and my son is a big Lakers fan boy. He about broke down over Kobe; having been a lifelong fan of his, it crushed him. Not in an intimate friend kinda way; but still....
Hang in there deficiT; you are an exemplary sort IMO.

I would love to join; I know nothing about fantasy; but me and my son are fanbois; Watched more NBA than anything the last few years. I'm into the Cavs cuz they got Donovan Mitchell; and my son is a big Lakers fan boy. He about broke down over Kobe; having been a lifelong fan of his, it crushed him. Not in an intimate friend kinda way; but still....
Hang in there deficiT; you are an exemplary sort IMO.

sweet, I've never done this for basketball either. But it sounds fun.