• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Desperate 21 years on meth... Help

This is very very true. I actually found it much easier to take long breaks from IV meth than I do from smoking meth. Much much harder. With IV meth I never really really felt out of control addiction. But I have felt that smoking is uncontrollable.

But still, uncontrollable meth smoking is probably preferable to regular injecting even with significant breaks between binges.

OP, a couple of other things besides nutrition, exercise, and sleep - which are all vital…

Remove all drugs and drug taking apparatus from your home. If you are keeping a stash for any reason whatsoever you are fucked sooner or later. Give it away, sell it if you must, or best of all flush it.

Then block the numbers of EVERY person connected in any way with your meth using and delete their contacts. Make it hard for yourself to get back in touch with them. Even it you need to change your numbrer - or possibly your address.

After that start thinking about the people or situations that trigger you into using. Sometimes they are hard to identify. Some might be positive things (certain friends or sex) or negative things (thinking about past trauma or coping with work).

You need a long term plan to escape from these things
Just about everything is a trigger at this point.
I've seriously been considering moving out of state if the system will allow it.

If someone’s already mentioned it then I do apologize but the supplementg Mucana Prureins is another good one to look into. Known in Africa and Asia as Velvet Bean, Mucuna naturally contains L-Dopa, which is basically the building block of dopamine.

The geographical cure
remember wherever you go there you are
and addicts find each other like plastic in the ocean
What you say is partly true. A move to somewhere new will not cure an addiction unless you simultaneously address the root causes.

But don’t dismiss the importance of a meth fiend getting away from people and places that easily trigger a relapse.

The reason why meth is so insidious is that, more than almost every other drug, it wrecks your executive control. That is the ability to consciously control your behaviour in order to not do something you know you don’t want to.

That is why so many newly abstinent meth users feel totally in control for several days, without any cravings all, yet suddenly find themselves tweaking madly as the sun comes up one day with little clue about what caused them to relapse when everything was going great.

What you say is partly true. A move to somewhere new will not cure an addiction unless you simultaneously address the root causes.

But don’t dismiss the importance of a meth fiend getting away from people and places that easily trigger a relapse.

The reason why meth is so insidious is that, more than almost every other drug, it wrecks your executive control. That is the ability to consciously control your behaviour in order to not do something you know you don’t want to.

That is why so many newly abstinent meth users feel totally in control for several days, without any cravings all, yet suddenly find themselves tweaking madly as the sun comes up one day with little clue about what caused them to relapse when everything was going great.
Then move to ny because that shit is not here just fentanyl laced everything

Can you start to use ephedrine/ma huang instead at least as kind of a transition substance to complete sobriety? I understand that feeling of never getting the full opportunity to get off due to life circumstances, I’m there myself. If ephedrine doesn’t cause a false positive (I’d research that first) it could be an ok alternative as kind of a maintenance drug.

-GC

I'm new here and this is actually my first post. Somehow felt like responding here. I see some useful advise already amongst the posts. One thing you absolutely cannot do is fail that drug test. Keep that in your MAIN focus right now. Catch up on vitamins and so some research replenishing supplements you will need. Eat good carbs and get some meat with a little fat on it in your gut if you're not a vegan. Everything else are things which I'm sure you already know you need to do, except this one last thing.

This is the hard one to lay on you.... You're in a desperate position so desperate measures.. Consider going to a doctor and just spill the beans. Plead with them as to how serious you are and just maybe the doc can get you through with something in a scrip until you can get that out of your life completely.

Hope this helps somehow.
Best of luck.

meth is a very hard drug to get off of, next to heroin, ever had yeyo the feelings after taking it isn't a feeling anyone wants or feels, it made me do it once no more, even used crystal numerous times, but time was built up between times I used so I can't become dependent, if you're on probation or parole I feel your pain. I felt it back in 89 -90, most people have a surprise test call you in to take 1, I wasn't on probation for drugs so I never needed to take 1 but I knew a lot of others that were & lost their freedom from 1 setback, if I was you stay off it's not worth another 8 yrs, not to mention the mandatory 5.5 yrs you have to do, ever watch after prison how with Joe or J Williams from youtube, they'll help you keep you out i watch them so I can feel the resemblance what they went through , it's like a time bomb to me

Just about everything is a trigger at this point.
I've seriously been considering moving out of state if the system will allow it.
you can't unless you get permission , I was stuck with a po officer as well , everything I did I had to get permission , at the end of my time my family had to get permission to go to another state I was lucky that I could but I think i was close to the end , stayed out for over 30 yrs now, trust me the feelings will fade, it'll pass

Where does one find ephedrine?
Can you start to use ephedrine/ma huang instead at least as kind of a transition substance to complete sobriety? I understand that feeling of never getting the full opportunity to get off due to life circumstances, I’m there myself. If ephedrine doesn’t cause a false positive (I’d research that first) it could be an ok alternative as kind of a maintenance drug.

-G

Im addicted for 7-8 years of daily use, at this moment i have almost 2 days clean, no thinking about stop it right now, but i learned to like the withdrawal symptoms, i love the feeling of rest a lot and how i feel, like i really need to sleep a lot, and how the appetite comes back its insanely good for me, just if some of this can help, is what i do when i stop for few days.

- I have my own business too, im alone, dont have kids or gf, but i cant close suddenly, i have done it before and when i got back at job some clients was really angry and calling me all the day, even if we dont have pending business, i dont want to lose my customers, they are who make solid my business, so i call to my brother, and he manages it for the need time, my phone is still linked to the google adversites and all the adversites, but there is a secondary number too, so, the log term clients know where to call when i dont take the phone, they dont know im withdrawal of course.

- Clean my house, wash my clothes, i have a mini frigo in my room and full it with juices, milk, a vodka, but right now i dont have any desire of drink alcohol, i have take just a sip to wash a little my mouth, then water, drink a lot of water, or at least drink milk, i love to drink milk at withdrawals lol.

- I would recommend to ask for medical advice, but in my country modafinil its otc medication, any ssri too, wellbutrin too, i have all of them, but after the 4th-5th day, after being sleeping like 18 hours daily, it changes to sleep 12h and be awake 12h, the cravings and the depressive exhausted feelings got more extreme at that point, so, what help me a ton is to take modafinil 200mg. (the first time works wonders), and my other meds i take in daily basis (sertraline 100mg, clonazepam 2mg), when im withdrawing of meth i commonly use to stop all other things im taking becouse i got extremely fatigue and just want to eat and sleep, but its important to me to get the meds, i use them to make me more stable in my daily meth use, the comedowns are easy when you can sleep, i would recommend mirtazapine if you have sleeping/appetite problems, i just micro dose it, 7.5mg, but when i stop suddenly i have never taked it, right now i feel like sedated and havent taken my meds, and dont want to feel more sedated, but is worse to feel sedated, spaced out and extremely anxious, i have been at that point and taking back my meds and the meth, its a really dysphorical and crazy feeling that i dont want to repeat again, smoking super paranoid doubling and triple benzo dose doesnt help, generally used to knock me with alcohol.

If you can have some modafinil, i guess will help for the fatigue and the got asleep episodies that will be kicking everyday for at least 3 weeks clean, i feel SSRI do nothing for me, but honestly after years, i feel they make my emotions much more manageable and less intense, so i can be more rational when my mind is crazy asking for meth, and worried about work, etc.

I think support of recovery groups is not a must, but if i was in your situation, about stop suddenly or get in jail 8 years, im surely going to AA/NA, i know can be helpful and the most help you get to keep clean will be better.

What is really a must is a long term vacation period of time, at least one week, but if possible, extend it for 3-4 weeks, or until you start feeling useless and wasting your time you can get back to work at least 4 hrs. daily, cuz fatigue will kick, and is this when modafinil helps.

Sorry if im divagating like 99% of my posts, my room is a disaster, even after cleaned the saturday, and the sunday stopped the meth, but i was i have been doing its eating and sleeping, rn i really want to take a bath and will do it, sometimes i just need to get up from the bed, smoke a cig., sit down in my computer with a gallon of milk, and do somethings to avoid the extreme back aches of being all day sleeping, the physical pain just make my cravings enormously worse.

Its not so hard, if you want or NEED to do it, so keep it right and i hope to read back how are you doing it

Blessings!

Edit: i forgot to mention i take daily vitamins with 2 moths use and 3 weeks without vits, (multivitamin + B6 + DLPA + B12 shots 4 in one month, at least 1-2 times per year, omega 3 high daily doses, with same regime than vitamines, i use too n-acetyl cisteine daily in short periods at the year, i really thanks god this all its available in the biggest national pharmacies of generic medications at my country, even they sell the modafinil, but its really fabricated at India, and they arent expensive at all, im sure if they was more expensive, i would be saving that money, but dont stop my meth use, thats some unhealthly way of life, but is the true for me). But these all are just secondary non essential help to keep my tolerance down mostly, not searching to stop at this moment, when i have stoped before, what helped me most over all was to be phisically impossible to get any hit of meth, then... its just like a switch in my changed to minimal wd symptoms, becouse i know i will not get meth in some months, and magically the withdrawals almost disappeared, im not lying, i have been in that situation 3 times, and its even shameful how i overstimate all the wd symptoms right now even when i have been trough them before, its a very psychological addiction, and the envoirment cab be determinant on your subjective feelings and decitions, keep the help of your gf, and ask for anyone for support when you think you have only the meth... i really dont want to be jailed for years for a meth use, if i got in that situation, automatically im stopping meth and face the withdrawals, i dont want to loose my time and my life for that time in the jail just cuz meth... just no... so, come on, its not so hard friend, and even is a good feeling when you over come it and see you are good managing the life without meth.

About ephedrine, its a high risk of false positive tests, but will depend of the accuracy of tests, someones have in the instructions what substances give false positive, and the more drugs are tested at the same time, the less accuracy the test have. The adderalll will show as AMPH(metabolite of meth), and some other stimulants too, so if you dont know that ones are more prone to get positive ask for medical advice, the medical prescription will save your life if you have any false positive.

Last edited:
Keep trudging keep your head up nice work keeping it together I wish I knew the quick fix but we know meth is not a fix by now at least for me it's a ticket to destruction

you people need counseling or rehabilitation to end it you have to admit it, I was like you, I knew the risks & I didn't continue, now look at you, this is 1 of the reasons we have rehabilitation b/c it's too late, this isn't a forum to hook up with these pharmaceuticals, the 1st phase is that you need help, next phase go to a forum that can help you, from what I read some need rehabilitation, b/c they're already passed it, like heroin you get passed that degree on dependencies that your skin has bugs on it, not looking good, I knew the risks I knew the dangers 1 of the reasons I dealt it but hardly touched the stuff

Hey i want to hear about yoo too bro... i hope you are sleeping a ton like supossed, i just woke up with 3 days clean and after several crazy nightmares... the backache started and the desesperation of be in the bed, i gone to the work at the end of the day, and talked with my bro, then gone with my dads to get some food and im back... rn drinking some vodka.

Come on you cant go to jail becouse meth bro, let me know how u are.

you people need counseling or rehabilitation to end it you have to admit it, I was like you, I knew the risks & I didn't continue, now look at you, this is 1 of the reasons we have rehabilitation b/c it's too late, this isn't a forum to hook up with these pharmaceuticals, the 1st phase is that you need help, next phase go to a forum that can help you, from what I read some need rehabilitation, b/c they're already passed it, like heroin you get passed that degree on dependencies that your skin has bugs on it, not looking good, I knew the risks I knew the dangers 1 of the reasons I dealt it but hardly touched the stuff
In some countries rehab costs $1,000s and/or are horrible prison-like institutions. It's not always a viable option. People come to the Recovery Support forums for help and support, to ask questions and for advice in a relatively safe and anonymous environment, hopefully free from judgemental assholes. If you don't have something to offer that is congruent with that ideal, then please go elsewhere.