View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 2C-TMA-6

aifx

Greenlighter
By hook or by crook I finally managed to get my hands on this obscure collectible item. 2C-TMA-6 was not at the top of my wish list obviously, but I simply couldn't resist the opportunity when it presented itself. The substance is not particularly novel of course and it is only briefly mentioned in PIHKAL in the closing paragraph here. So I just wonder what has actually stopped A. Shulgin from exploring its properties in detail by himself? Some TMPEA-2 metabolites hypothetically can be dangerous as he says here, but 2C-TMA-1 (or simply put MESCALINE) is universally considered more or less safe and there are trip reports on TMPEA-3 (2,3,4-TRIMETHOXYPHENETHYLAMINE) as well, so is TMPEA-6 basically in the same category?

As you might guess over the years I came to the point where the process of getting something rare brings probably more fun and agitation than the actual tripping, that is usually postponed by months. But the problem is that I haven't had a good trip in the forest for a while and when choosing between say LSD(?) DOM 2cp 2ce 2ci 2cn det 5meo-mipt types of things they all seem pretty boring to me (perhaps it is better to say 'too popular' or 'overexplored') , and this TMPEA-6 looks like a clear winner in this regard, perhaps even a hidden gem so to speak...

Needless to say that a stuff like this seems completely uninspiring for a random psychonaut who is mostly accustomed to various designer 'LSD's or shrooms. So the maximum 'market capacity' for TMPEA-6 is extremely limited and this alone makes the act of consumption particularly enjoyable. In fact it is closer to 'testing' in the original sense of the word. You simply can't get the 'novelty high' from things like 2cb, dmt, mdma.

With all that said is there any strong medical argument against oral testing say 240 mg of 2C-TMA-6?

Last edited:
Shulgin's advice always was something like: Start with 10ug, then 25ug, then 50ug, then 100ug, then 250ug, then 500ug, then 1mg, then 2mg, etcetera until you work your way up to an active dose.
You never know when you have something like LSD that will be extremely active at miniscule doses, and you don't want to discover its potency by taking 50x+ the active dose.

Last edited:
I find I can hold the novelty of drugs like LSD, DMT or Mescaline by switching up the set/setting of the experience. To go to the same forest seeing and feeling the same things, that may be where one is losing novelty not the drug itself.

That said, I’m excited to hear your report. Please listen to @arrall start low. For a variety of reasons..

-GC

How exciting, please report back with your findings! How much material do you have to experiment with, enough for a few trials?

How exciting, please report back with your findings! How much material do you have to experiment with, enough for a few trials?
not much. 0.5g , but this should suffice
I've been shown a nicely written report. A person with a body weight of 55 kg. ate 150mg and rated it as ++
so the range probably should be ~150-250mg. I'll definitely try to report back in a couple of weeks .

An "allergy test" dose of 1 mg or less can't hurt.

Exciting to see the results. Mescaline has some stuff going for it, of course. A classic and splendid drug to say the least.

Proscaline was a winner. Like mescaline but more potent owing to a longer carbon sidechain. Maybe propoxy analogues of this 2C-TMA6 could be a nice improvement too.

Last edited:
what i dont really get is why 2,4,5-tmpea is reported to be inactive in pihkal...

what i dont really get is why 2,4,5-tmpea is reported to be inactive in pihkal...

Is it? That's very strange. I wonder if it was just taken at too low a dose?

Is it? That's very strange. I wonder if it was just taken at too low a dose?

it is. but shulgin was a little dishonest, always the dudes dealing with neuropsychopharmacology...

Wouldnt this be called 2,4,6-TMPEA or possibly TMPEA-6 as its no longer an ampetamine?

FYI, we no longer do prunes, nor will we ever again (and boy do I regret the ones we did in the past). But thanks for bumping this. :) Still curious over here!
Oh, tbh I just copied this phrase because I read it a bunch of times on here. I don’t know what the literal meaning is, I just know it was often used to revive old threads lol. There‘s your non native-speaker ;)

haag-snoeien.jpg

Oh, tbh I just copied this phrase because I read it a bunch of times on here. I don’t know what the literal meaning is, I just know it was often used to revive old threads lol. There‘s your non native-speaker ;)

For most of the life of Bluelight, we used to do prunes every few years. What that means is, we would go through the content in the forum and mark all the threads we wanted to save by bumping the thread (hence, "bump for prune")... that would make it active within the current year, so it would not be eligible for mass deletion, or we'd move them to the PD Archive subforum (where they still existed to read, but you couldn't make new posts), and then everything not moved that hadn't been active within the past year (or maybe 2 years, can't remember), would be mass deleted, gone forever. We did this to save server space, because back in those days, storage was a lot more expensive, and Bluelight had less funds built up.

A few years ago, after the last prune, we made the executive decision to never do another prune, and also do away with the archives, because storage space is cheap now, and due to our partnerships with research organizations and the ads we host for survey/research study participants, we no longer worry about not having enough money.

But we lost so much stuff because of those prunes. :\ A ton of random threads by noobs asking basic questions, sure, but also great stuff that nobody bumped for the prune. Some old PD Social threads were lost and lots of threads containing some really great conversation by really good and knowledgeable posters. Fortunately, I was always able to convince the admins that we needed to save every single thread in Trip Reports, no matter what, which is good, because we have the second oldest and second largest repository of trip reports that exists, to my knowledge. :)

But yeah, no more prunes, ever! :)