• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

4MTA,2-C-T-2,2-C-T-7 and other RCs with thioethers.

Fertile

Bluelighter
Could anyone tell me if RCs with thioethers are still encountered? I ask because I accidentally stumbled upon a very simple and safe test that will find even traces BUT which could be adapted to shoe how much their is in a unit.

I am aware that some new opioids have thioethers.... but they haven't tried human tests yet.

I would NOT be cheered to find I had been given 400mg of 2CT7 and indeed, in these studies, people DIE.

I do not seek to profit in any way from this suggestion. It's very simply cheap and easy and IF it saves lives, surely that has to be useful.

The compounds you mentioned are scheduled worldwide and not around anymore. I also can‘t think of other thioethers that are currently being distributed.

Well, 4MTA was very popular for a while - often combined with amphetamine. You my know it as 'flatliner' pills. Considering it's effect, 'flatliner isn't a bad term.

e know 2-C-T-2 &2-C-T-7 were sold as 'blue mystic'. I even have a poster advertising them. But 4MTA is an example of a drug never controlled in China so nobody is stopping it's production.

For a long time I have considered 1-(2H-1,3-benzoxathiol-6-yl)-N-methylpropan-2-amine & 1-(2H-1,3-benzoxathiol-6-yl)-N-methylpropan-2-amine neither of which would be controlled in Chinese law and which are more or less identical to MDMA (and the amibe could be primary of N-ethyl).

As I see it, it's not a legal matter but only a synthetic complexity matter. After all, 1-(2,3-dihydro-1-benzofuran-5-yl)-N-methylpropan-2-amine and 1-(2,3-dihydro-1-benzofuran-6-yl)-N-methylpropan-2-amine turned up as 'Benzo Fury'. In that case because someone read the patent but the analogues I mentions are no more complex.

So synthetic complexity isn't a problem that cannot be overcome.

It's more a case of investors being convinced. I mean p-Me 4-MAR was HUGE in spite of it not being so good.

I once had 4-mta back in '98.
Very strong effect from just one pill.
A few people died from taking just a few flatliners. White pill with just a white line on it.
That put most people off.

2-CT-2 is a very luxurious compound, if you can procure it I advise you to do so.

2-CT-7 felt way less Benin, no experience with 4-MTA.

4MTA was a result of work carried out by Nichols. In studies, it proved to be a potent monoamine reuptake inhibitor. It caused serotonin syndrome and deaths resulted.

I happened across a test in a 1916 patent. Well, it was a test for a compound containing a thioether but it works for them all, as far as I can tell. Dissolve a bit of pill, add reagent - white solid forms.

4MTA was a result of work carried out by Nichols. In studies, it proved to be a potent monoamine reuptake inhibitor. It caused serotonin syndrome and deaths resulted.

I happened across a test in a 1916 patent. Well, it was a test for a compound containing a thioether but it works for them all, as far as I can tell. Dissolve a bit of pill, add reagent - white solid forms.
They were called Flatliner's for a reason.

It has made me wonder if an methylenedioxy ring can be swapped for a benzoxothiazole ring. The appropriate benzaldehyde is known so if one is prepared to go down via the nitropropene-->nitropropane-->amine then it MAY be possible.

Of course, I would like to know if 4MTA was toxic purely because it was a serotonin reuptake inhibitor of if the S is oxidised and those metabolites are toxic.
I don't like talking about theoretical compounds without a specific route but their is nothing. Benzoxothiazole rings are rare so no WAY would it be economic unless one happened upon some cheap natural source, but this one always interested me. Of course their are 2 positional isomers, so the S in the meta position would be interesting since it is not well researched even by Shulgin.
I still miss Sasha. Time was that I could send a polite E-mail and he would reply but he's gone, Dan Lednicer is gone, Nichols is going to retire....