Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

500+mg of synthetic mescaline HCl. Wow! That was intense

firdous e bareen

Bluelighter
The experience was certainly more than I bargained for! I have taken 500+mg of mescaline on three other occasions, including once by myself, and while they were all strong and powerful trips, I was never overwhelmed. However, this time, the experience felt much stronger.

I took the mescaline mixed with orange juice on an empty stomach, drinking it slowly over 25 minutes or so. I think I drank it too quickly or this batch was very potent, but I threw up early on, following a very uncomfortable feeling of nausea. I thought I wasted it by vomiting, but the experience soon amped up in intensity. I puked a couple more times, in a much more physically intense kind of way. This truly felt like purging, emptying everything, getting everything painful out. After each time I puked, the trip became stronger. I was overwhelmed many times, although I should say, overwhelmed in a positive way (very intense euphoria, pleasure, body high) and overwhelmed because I wasn't expecting it to be that intense.

At the peak, I lost my sense of self and sense of time. I was just kind of taken away by the experience, full of pure love, feeling in touch with this higher, healing, and loving presence, and just feeling like wowww. This presence just kept giving and giving and giving. At one point, I saw my ego as this tiny insignificant image I had created. I saw its negativity and limiting nature. I let it go and it dissolved into nothing. I realised it was a mirage. When it disappeared, I felt this relief and bliss. I tried to write down at least some phrases during the peak, although it was very hard to write and I forgot how to spell at one point lol. Some of what I wrote down was quite uplifting, the opposite of this inner critic I have long dealt with. I wrote that I was 'strong enough' to handle anything in life. I also wrote down 'Raw existence. Wow!' I think that was during/after ego loss.

I felt so much love for all the people in my life. The whole coronavirus situation also entered my mind and I could feel the pain of the whole world, all the loss, fear, uncertainty, and distress. It was intense but not overwhelming. It was a valuable moment of compassion. I also had this sense of being possessed by spirits almost, like they were surging through my body/being, which was a bit nuts, but it was a positive experience.

The visuals were strong, but I think I wasn't even paying attention to them that much since the emotional aspect seemed more captivating. I do remember stuff like my phone melting into psychedelic liquid as I was texting a friend at some point. Floral and intricate geometric patterns were rising out of my carpet. Objects (e.g. the doors in my room) were morphing and shifting like crazy. Everything was extremely bright, sparkling, and colourful. There was like this soapy liquid, psychedelic substance in the air (I remember seeing it in the gap between an open door). The bushes and trees were alive, full of faces and personality. At one point nature had a sinister vibe to it, but I breathed through the experience and the snarling, gargoyle faces in the bushes and trees changed to this more joyous, happy vibe. The sky was like a self-transforming pastel painting, with all the different parts of the clouds turning into spirals. It was beautiful.

I do remember at times the visuals (honestly can't remember if eyes closed or open) were what I remember DMT being like. I was seeing beings in this other realm, like hyperspace. It's hard to describe them, they were like entertainers almost, with hats, moving in this geometric space, gracefully and doing various gestures. The geometric visions were very fractal and quite lizard and serpent-like. I remember a lot of tongues lol.

Would I do it again? Well, at the time I was thinking, I'm glad I got to see the power of mescaline, but I won't be tripping again anytime soon. Then a couple of days later I was already in the mood for tripping :) I'm not sure if I would take 500mg of this stuff. It seemed like it was much purer than the stuff I got from a different vendor in the past. With the previous stuff, 500mg was a solid, strong trip. With this stuff, it seemed to fit the Erowid dosage chart more accurately (with 500-700mg being heavy).

Unless I was aiming for an intense mystical experience, I think I would take 400mg next time. Not sure I would venture into an even stronger experience without a trip sitter, but then again, mescaline is quite forgiving and naturally positive it seems, so it could be manageable without a sitter.

Wow. Either you took more than 500mg of mescaline or it was just your time to get a bit of a reminder of the power a psychedelic can possess. To get into a mescaline trip of that intensity, I would need closer to 900mg mescaline sulphate than 500mg!

Was there anything unusual about your diet in the lead up to this experience? Were there any other substance(s) in your system that day? I know it's a longshot, but do you know which salt (HCl, Sulphate, etc) of mescaline it was?

Theta:

This sounds like a powerful experience and I thank you for sharing it. :) We don't have experience with mescaline yet but I found a lot of what you said to be very relatable, and you describe it very well, both the parts I can and can't relate to, the latter of which make me more intrigued to see it for myself. I'm glad you didn't waste your dose by purging too, I've had that fear with things before but it usually seems to turn out alright as it seemed to for you here too.

Is it possible your mescaline was cut with some stronger psychedelic, just to give it extra boost?

Is it possible your mescaline was cut with some stronger psychedelic, just to give it extra boost?
I think that's unlikely. I tested it with the Marquis reagent and it came up only the colour for mescaline. While it's true two tests would enhance the accuracy of the result, multiple reviews of the DN vendor I used involved people testing positive for mescaline with 3 separate reagents.

Wow. Either you took more than 500mg of mescaline or it was just your time to get a bit of a reminder of the power a psychedelic can possess. To get into a mescaline trip of that intensity, I would need closer to 900mg mescaline sulphate than 500mg!

Was there anything unusual about your diet in the lead up to this experience? Were there any other substance(s) in your system that day? I know it's a longshot, but do you know which salt (HCl, Sulphate, etc) of mescaline it was?
I weighed 500mg on two separate scales, just to be sure :) I think the intensity of this experience was related to a lot of things: my set and intention, possibly a more potent batch, having a completely empty stomach, getting it down quicker than previous times, and being sensitive to psychedelics in general.

Nothing that unusual about my diet leading up to the experience. No other substances in my system that I think could make the experience more intense. I used CBD and 5mg of Valium the night before to try and sleep, but if that was still in my system, it would make the experience less intense.

The salt I used was HCl.

I’ve found some major variance in people’s responses to Mescaline. For instance, 250mg of the acetate I typically use is equal to about one standard hit of LSD for me (aka a pretty decent trip) whereas for my girl it’s about 1/3 to 1/2 that potency. We both respond the same to LSD.

I’ve tried sharing Mescaline with many people and some feel almost nothing off doses that’d have me tripping.

-GC