• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc A Leaf of Faith. (Kratom program)

Yep a good one.
Bought it when it came out on amazon. Thought it would help the "cause".
I enjoyed it and learned a few things about kratom and culture.

Yep a good one.
Bought it when it came out on amazon. Thought it would help the "cause".
I enjoyed it and learned a few things about kratom and culture.
Yeah I thought it was excellent when they got on the topic of which category it falls into was a surprise the powers that be are fine if it’s a supplement and it’s used for mood,energy,focus etc… it’s fine but once someone says it’s used for pain that’s when the powers that be have a problem with it and want it scheduled,,,
The same guy who made this also made one on the opioid problem in America

My issue with it was that it was biased as fuck. To fight the good fight, we need harm reduction and proper education on kratom. This documentary was very extreme advocacy. No doubt funded by the self-serving AKA

My issue with it was that it was biased as fuck. To fight the good fight, we need harm reduction and proper education on kratom. This documentary was very extreme advocacy. No doubt funded by the self-serving AKA
Curious, what do you mean by “self-serving?” If you mean, biased by people who love using kratom and want it to stay legal, well then of course it’s self-serving. That’s the whole point. But if you mean self-serving in terms of the people in AKA wanting other things, like money or power, then yeah that’s no good.

I was just bemused by this because obviously such an institution would be biased in favor of kratom, lol.

Curious, what do you mean by “self-serving?” If you mean, biased by people who love using kratom and want it to stay legal, well then of course it’s self-serving. That’s the whole point. But if you mean self-serving in terms of the people in AKA wanting other things, like money or power, then yeah that’s no good.

I was just bemused by this because obviously such an institution would be biased in favor of kratom, lol.

You're right but I think there are also degrees of bias. For example, someone could advocate for marijuana legalization while at the same time admitting that marijuana poses some significant risks and can have very harmful effects on certain individuals whereas another person advocating for marijuana legalization might claim it's completely safe and attempt to deny all evidence to the contrary. I didn't watch the video but for those who did, what did you think? Did it present an honest looks at kratom, its potential harms and benefits or was it very one sided, only providing information about the positive side of kratom use?

as in the AKA is not the "non-profit" they mascarade as. They arent in it to "help people". That may have been the idea in the beginning but not today.

You're right but I think there are also degrees of bias. For example, someone could advocate for marijuana legalization while at the same time admitting that marijuana poses some significant risks and can have very harmful effects on certain individuals whereas another person advocating for marijuana legalization might claim it's completely safe and attempt to deny all evidence to the contrary. I didn't watch the video but for those who did, what did you think? Did it present an honest looks at kratom, its potential harms and benefits or was it very one sided, only providing information about the positive side of kratom use?
IMHO - there was 0 harm reduction in the video. The entire thing was simply discrediting things like kratom deaths. And while that's a good thing, they also discredited and neglected to mention the opioid affinity. The WD, constipation, urinary retention, headaches, dependancy, adulteration, unfair trade...etc etc. With kratom, ubiased and honest information is hard to find. Its either left or right (so to say) and THAT is the biggest problem;