• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos A Question For The People Who Need Benzos

Some people need benzos. Their anxiety is such that something is needed for quality of life. This thread isn't to discuss why you are one of those people. Just like a person who need opioids because their pain is so bad, that is a call that is difficult to make. It also has differences of degree.

My ladyfriend's anxiety is so bad that she really needs something to help. She just got a benzo prior to dental work and she was so much happier. She is in her 60's like me and will retire in less than a year, so I would not even see the problem with her being addicted. Her responsibilities, including a job, are nearly met.

No matter, she ain't a gettin' any in this world as it stands.

So, I gots a question.

What else could she get from a doc to help? She tried Prozac years ago and had a bad reaction. She's on buspirone now, and it doesn't help.
I understand clean living and mental tricks. She sees a shrink now.
I'm wondering what drug might help. One they haven't hooked a bunch of people on and had to pull back severely yet.

As with so many women, she could probably talk her doc into helping.
(Women say that mechanics treat men better. However, men can't get good drugs from a doc and can't return a shirt for a refund after wearing it to a party.)
I've had anxiety/panic attacks/chronic insomnia/night terrors, etc.. for almost 20 years. Although I'm still prescribed diazepam(Valium), I've also been prescribed Prazosin, atenolol, propranolol, lyrica, and Mirtazapine.

Prazosin is an APLHA-blocker used to treat high BP. However, its off label use can help treat PTSD nightmares/terrors.

Atenolol and Propranolol are BETA-blockers used to treat high blood pressure. However, it's often used to treat anxiety/panic attacks. It's doesn't take away anxious thoughts, but GREATLY reduces the physical side of Anxiety - pounding/racing heart, sweating, migraines, etc.

Lyrica is generally used to help relieve nerve pain. Off label, it's commonly used to treat anxiety disorders.

Mirtazapine is used to treat anxiety, depression, OCD, and can also help as a mild sedative.

Hope this helps in some way.