• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall Doses -- How much is too much?

MrPatrickBateman

Greenlighter
So after spending endless hours researching adderall overdoses and such, I cant seem to find a reasonable answer to how much Adderall is simply too much. I read one report where someone took 120mg and ended up in the hospital. I am on 205mg of Adderall xr. I dosed at 8:00AM yesterday morning, havent gotten a wink of sleep all night, most likely wont. I experienced some minor negative effects, but in all honesty they werent any worse than when I take 30mg. I have little to no amphetamine tolerance. I want to take more tomorrow just to get me through the long dreadful day, would taking another 60mg be too much for my body? Would that be taking a serious risk? Im trying to get high, not die. I just need to make it through the day.

Hopefully I havent broken any posting rules, this is my first thread.

Thank you in advance.

nah dexies are okay, it should be fine

though i wouldn't, anyone with amp experience knows that if you were high yesterday, you won't get nearly as high today. it may however wake you up, but will just as likely make you antsy and stressed.

Yeah thats what I figured, I feel like those who supposedly Overdosed from 120mg just had a severe case of pussy syndrome. My intent is less to get high, and more to stay coherent throughout the day tomorrow and keep the delirium from no sleep at bay. Im going to take it in a few hours, what symptoms should I watch out for just in case I have pussy syndrome and something does happen?

Do NOT act solely on this poster's opinion!! The following is OPINION:
Amphetamine/Methamphetamine is safer than inexperienced drug users think. Someone experienced is of the opinion that the risk of lethal overdose from amp/meth alone is negligible and has never had any cardiovascular issues outside of his own mind. Psychosis is way more likely. In complete agreement with Sex Panther, someone experienced would leave a final dose of at least 2/3 of the highest dose on that speed run/binge so as not to tease himself.

I will up the dose to 70mg for the day, that should be enough seeing as I have minimal tolerance. i tend to handle most substances fairly well, I wasnt too worried primarily until some of the erowid experience reports got into my head. When you say psychosis, do you mean that from 36 hours of being high on speed and not sleeping I can actually develop a case of psychosis? Can you elaborate on what symptoms fall into that category?

36 hours of being high on speed and not sleeping I can actually develop a case of psychosis?

That's a possibility, it depends how stressed you are and whether or not you are predisposed to it.

Get some sleep. Also, get some food or you'll feel like Hell.

Amphetamines effect everyone differently. For example, a friend of mine takes 200mg Adderall IR everytime he doses, while I take about 30-40mg. At around 80mg depending on my tolerence I start to notice toxic effects.

There is no way to really know what your LD50 is without a medical professional and a series of tests. Just go slow, and know what you're doing. Eventually you'll figure out how far you can go.

Another note... Adderall XR has 3 timed releases. So your 205mg is actually 69mg released every few hours or so.

Hearing voices and thinking people are out to get you are typical of early stage amphetamine psychosis. Psychosis is a sneaky thing; somehow it IS possible for a highly intelligent individual to create a system for decoding the messages hidden in the letters/numbers of license plates, think someone is conspiring to murder you just because they said "Take care" when you left their house, and blindly leap from the bed of a moving pickup truck barefoot and shirtless. And amphs can still be someone's d.o.c. many years later. Hahahah Faint of heart need not apply.

Amphetamine dosages really depend on the person. And tolerance can grow monstrously high within a few days of use. I can usually take 20mg or so and feel good effects but after a few days (even with sleep) I may start taking closer to 100mg at a time with milder effects.

Hearing voices and thinking people are out to get you are typical of early stage amphetamine psychosis. Psychosis is a sneaky thing; somehow it IS possible for a highly intelligent individual to create a system for decoding the messages hidden in the letters/numbers of license plates, think someone is conspiring to murder you just because they said "Take care" when you left their house, and blindly leap from the bed of a moving pickup truck barefoot and shirtless. And amphs can still be someone's d.o.c. many years later. Hahahah Faint of heart need not apply.

This needs to be stressed. If you're at that point (of paranoia, delusions, etc.) it means you need to stop taking amphetamines right then and there. Don't "see how far you can push it" or think that it can't happen to you.

Get some sleep, eat a good meal and take vitamins. B-vitamins, magnesium and vitamin C are helpful, but a regular old multivitamin is good too. Make sure you're staying hydrated.

The most important things to know about amphetamines are:

-Tolerance jacks up very very fast. That's just the name of the game. The higher the dose is that you're taking, the quicker tolerance will go up.
-Amphetamines reduce or eliminate the desire to eat and sleep...but they don't, by any means, reduce or eliminate the need to eat or sleep.
-People with psychiatric issues should not take amphetamines without first speaking to a medical professional. Amphetamines psychosis is dangerous.

*snip*... I have never in 9years of drug use ever gotten speed prescribed. I can and have got everything else. I don't want to abuse them I just want to take them I clearly am hyper.. I take suboxon which does calm me down but like today I took half it I was so hyper my mom was pissed off at me for being annoying.. and I took ritilin as a kid and mdpv in small does just calms me down.... I just want to try it prescribed for awhile see if maybe its what im lacking in life maybe it will motivate me like I think it will and clear my mind and focus me.. if it doesn't work I would not keep using it *snip* Doctors just have never given it to me even if I lie or tell the truth.. nowadays I tend to tell it strait. I used to abuse im on subox and I get whatever I need however speed just seems like out of my reach Im not sure why. *snip, no asking for doctors or how to get prescribed drugs. that's not what we're here for. if you have a medical issue, speak to a doctor, don't ask us what to say to a doctor to acquire controlled substances*

I do ok now.. I just want to do better.. and I have had moments in time when I have had a clear mind and focus and energy and im not talking high on speed Im talking small amounts of when I tried addaral my self... just a normal dose and it worked. but I want it legally.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Adderall XR has 3 timed releases. So your 205mg is actually 69mg released every few hours or so."

but not if u crush it very fine right?

^Ive always been a little confused about that myself. I am pretty sure that if you obliterate those damn little capsules, and then heat them in water, you should be able to completely destroy the time release (NOTE: DO NOT Inject Adderall) and drink the solution, or plug it (though remember, the absorption of rectal amphetamine's is super high, so adjust your dose accordingly).

IME, with a mortar and pestle, I have been able to successfully turn Adderall XR into IR, or at least I think I was. It's really hard to say with certainty because when I had the capsules I wasn't using amphetamines regularly, so it was impossible to say if I was still getting some 'XR action' in there as well.. However, if the crushed beads completely dissolve in 10mL of water or less, I would think that would mean that the time release was distroyed.

This needs to be stressed. If you're at that point (of paranoia, delusions, etc.) it means you need to stop taking amphetamines right then and there. Don't "see how far you can push it" or think that it can't happen to you.

Get some sleep, eat a good meal and take vitamins. B-vitamins, magnesium and vitamin C are helpful, but a regular old multivitamin is good too. Make sure you're staying hydrated.

The most important things to know about amphetamines are:

-Tolerance jacks up very very fast. That's just the name of the game. The higher the dose is that you're taking, the quicker tolerance will go up.
-Amphetamines reduce or eliminate the desire to eat and sleep...but they don't, by any means, reduce or eliminate the need to eat or sleep.
-People with psychiatric issues should not take amphetamines without first speaking to a medical professional. Amphetamines psychosis is dangerous.

I second this. Also I deem over 100mg is excessive. At some point you don't get higher and you just gain negative side effects. If you need to take 200mg of addy to get high or feel something, then I think it is time for you to take a break from amps for a while

^for real.

My experience with amphetamines is that when I push my tolerance above 60mg, I never get the same euphoria I did at lower dosages no matter how high I go, instead I just become more tweaked out, irritable, and prone to paranoia.

Users that regularly abuse amps develop protective mechanisms that make it far more difficult to OD as opposed to those with little tolerence. I'm coming off over 200 mg of IR Adderall right now and am fine. I've taken roughly 400 mg in a day before and I didn't have any major issues.

Not trying to resurrect an old thread, but I feel like it’s worth adding for future viewers. My first ever experience with stimulants was with Vyvanse 60 mg I took two and then took a third one like six hours later I was definitely too high and played video games for like 24 hours straight four and couldn’t sleep for days. Didn’t experience any health issues, but I was also in good shape and young. But I remember when I finally fell asleep, I woke up and could barely breathe. I have heard of similar experiences

^Ive always been a little confused about that myself. I am pretty sure that if you obliterate those damn little capsules, and then heat them in water, you should be able to completely destroy the time release (NOTE: DO NOT Inject Adderall) and drink the solution, or plug it (though remember, the absorption of rectal amphetamine's is super high, so adjust your dose accordingly).

IME, with a mortar and pestle, I have been able to successfully turn Adderall XR into IR, or at least I think I was. It's really hard to say with certainty because when I had the capsules I wasn't using amphetamines regularly, so it was impossible to say if I was still getting some 'XR action' in there as well.. However, if the crushed beads completely dissolve in 10mL of water or less, I would think that would mean that the time release was distroyed.

does anybody know if you can really destroy the extended release. i've crushed them to fine powder, but never heated them with water.

i thought i was destroying the time release by crushing them when i first started using them, but when i really started to push my dose, i started to feel like the time release was overlapping with my redosing and i'd start to feel pretty sketchy like i was about to OD the more i'd snort through out the day. i never had this problem with regular adderal and i probably would dose higher with the non time relelase pills... i don't really see how a protective coating is going to make them time release, that stuff disolves pretty quick. i'd like to know the science behind this.

Which is really strange because that's only equivalent to a bit less than three 20 mg Adderall.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure that the actual d-amphetamine content of a 70 mg Vyvanse is 20.8 mg.
I thought they were 80s tbh but people tell me those never existed. Either way vyvanse has always been stronger than adderall in my experience