• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Adderall for Minor Opiate Withdraw?

grumpy w00kie

Bluelighter
I searched and couldn't find an answer. :!

I've been abusing Hydrocodone for about 3 months now at a range of 30-40mg a day, maybe taking 3 days off here and there.

Now I'm expecting some minor aches and pains and maybe some diarrhea and lack of motivation for a few days.

Now my question is would it be okay for me to take between 25-50mg of adderall daily while going through these minor withdraw's?

Do you think it would help or hurt me more??

I also have 0.5mg's xanax's at my disposal for when the adderall wears off if I need to.

Now my question is would it be okay for me to take between 25-50mg of adderall daily while going through these minor withdraw's?
It wouldn't be notably dangerous though there would be slightly more strain on your body than usual.

Do you think it would help or hurt me more??
If you are used to amps then it could help keep your mind off of the withdrawal and provide some relief, however it could exacerbate the situation as well making it even harder to sleep and more aches, pains, and restlessness. Plus the comedown would make everything worse albeit you have the benzos.

I think it'll be more of a personal choice where everyone reacts differently (like smoking weed or drinking during withdrawal).

If you are used to amps then it could help keep your mind off of the withdrawal and provide some relief, however it could exacerbate the situation as well making it even harder to sleep and more aches, pains, and restlessness.

I think it'll be more of a personal choice where everyone reacts differently (like smoking weed or drinking during withdrawal).

It is already impossible for me to sleep while withdrawing from opiates, Adderall would make that worse for me. I also don't feel like doing anything because I feel so awful, and then the amphetamine would make me want to, just a horrible situation I think for me..

gabapentin or lyrica is the best w/d drug by far and some weed...

When I ran out of oxy I took some Bupe, but took it too early despite waiting 24hours and went into precipitated w/d, I had also been doing coke daily w/ the oxy but the w/d's had me stuck in bed so I couldn't get more coke. The next day I still felt awful, I knew thiS was partially b/c of opiate w/d but thought the coke w/d was effecting me as well, so I did some coke and felt much much better. I had lots of benzos to not worry about the crash and it just felt better w/d'ing from 1 drug (oxy) than it did from 2 drugs (oxy + coke)
So bottom line, IF you are addicted to amphetamine and would experience some type of w/d from not taking it then I would say continue taking your normal dose, just take it earlier than you otherwise would for a better nights sleep.
BUT, if you are NOT addicted to amphetamines I definitely wouldn't use them while in opiate w/d, you *might* feel better for an hour or two, but will feel much worse for much longer at the end of the dat.

Uppers are definitely known for making withdrawals from opiates much worse. I have been on the dose you mentioned and had to kick a few times, and even caffeine made it much worse, specifically anxiety, heart palpitations, fast heart rate, etc etc. Benzos on the other hand are known for being a great assistant to wd's, ironically Xanax is probably the best! It can vary from person to person though. I can tell you that if you want to quit the hydro's that Amphetamines can make cravings much much worse, but 3 months of that dose or less wouldn't be that horrible to begin with. As stated above, if you are physically dependent to the Adderall, do not quit taking it as you will have withdrawls from that also of course. If you have to take it daily, than I would take as little as possible to counteract the stimulant effects.

(Note: I'm not physically or mentally addicted to Adderall.)

So I ended up dosing at 50mg of Adderall earlier today.

I actually did feel a lot better, motivation, mood lift, fatigue went away, clear headed.
I had a fun day hanging out with friends rather than moping at home because I didn't feel good.

One thing that did happen is that I had horrible shits(Knew it was comnig but adderall made it much worse!) So I stopped by the store and bought some Immodium and took 12mg's. (I'm not sure if there are any bad reactions between the two. I couldn't find any) That took my shit's away and my slight RLS that I was having.

However, now that I'm crashing from the amphetamines. I can feel the stress that is being put on my mind and body and if I didn't have this Xanax to put me to sleep, I could see someone having a very rough night!

Dosing 2mg xanax and calling it a day, and I will not repeat this and will save the Adderall for another time.

Will continue to take Immodium and reduce mg by 2 every two days.

(Edit: Forgot to thank you guys for your post's! Very helpful if I would have waited to read them! :p)

Last edited:
I completely and successfully detoxed myself last fall with adderall. I didn't sleep for a week, but it was very well worth it because I didn't feel ANY withdrawal pain! Adderall is truly a god send for the opiate addicted person who's facing a WD.

I had the 20mg generics - every 4-6 hours I'd IV half a pill for the first 3 days then started using the whole pill until the 7th day.

IVing pills is bad, not recommended - if anything, I'd probably have the same effect eating them instead - but I'm needle-happy.

(Note: I'm not physically or mentally addicted to Adderall.)

So I ended up dosing at 50mg of Adderall earlier today.

I actually did feel a lot better, motivation, mood lift, fatigue went away, clear headed.
I had a fun day hanging out with friends rather than moping at home because I didn't feel good.

One thing that did happen is that I had horrible shits(Knew it was comnig but adderall made it much worse!) So I stopped by the store and bought some Immodium and took 12mg's. (I'm not sure if there are any bad reactions between the two. I couldn't find any) That took my shit's away and my slight RLS that I was having.

However, now that I'm crashing from the amphetamines. I can feel the stress that is being put on my mind and body and if I didn't have this Xanax to put me to sleep, I could see someone having a very rough night!

Dosing 2mg xanax and calling it a day, and I will not repeat this and will save the Adderall for another time.

Will continue to take Immodium and reduce mg by 2 every two days.

(Edit: Forgot to thank you guys for your post's! Very helpful if I would have waited to read them! :p)
Been on Adderall for about a decade now, and have never experienced the "shits" from it,, Matter of fact, allmost all the literature I came across said exactly the opposite - it causes constipation. I think it must be something else causing it - like a combination or other drugs you are taking with it - The "doctors" seem to think this is because of less water intake, as adderall is known to dehydrate you. But there are some cases where people say it causes the "shits", but very few compared to constipation.

Been on Adderall for about a decade now, and have never experienced the "shits" from it,, Matter of fact, allmost all the literature I came across said exactly the opposite - it causes constipation. I think it must be something else causing it - like a combination or other drugs you are taking with it - The "doctors" seem to think this is because of less water intake, as adderall is known to dehydrate you. But there are some cases where people say it causes the "shits", but very few compared to constipation.
That's obviously from them withdrawing from opiates lol

Yes, 100%. In my experience stimulant euphoria can mask the negative reactions of opiate withdrawal. Specifically in my case adderall. I can’t quite remember but you still may sweat and feel nauseous at times but it isn’t as profound or unpleasant as otherwise. I was addicted to a very high dose of fentanyl. I abused it on top of being at the cap dose. So withdrawal was not fun, and I needed another way. I’m very glad I’m off of that and fortunate. So many have died.