Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Am I addicted to opiates or pregabalin

3dmusic

Bluelighter
Here's my drug diary from 23rd February
I relapsed in January but did not use every day
Promethazine makes opiates stay in system longer, I am prescribed it for insomnia
I am prescribed a large dose of valium as a script as I was using illicitly, sticking to script, psychiatrist helping me off it.
Symptoms are diarrhoea since beginning of year which I take loperamide for and depression/anxiety

Here is my diary

Drug Diary

23rd Feb 180mg Dihydrocodeine

24th Feb 600mg pregabalin 180mg Dihydrocodeine

Fri 25th Feb none

Sat 26th Feb none

Sun 27th Feb none

28th 120mg Dihydrocodeine 1 25mg promoted

1st Mar none promote

2nd Mar 400mg pregabalin

3rd Mar 240mg Dihydrocodeine and 48mg codeine 25mg Promotehazine

4th March 600mg pregabalin

5th March 180mg Dihydrocodeine. Codeine 8mg 25mg promethazine

6th March 12.5mg promethazine

7th March 200mg pregabalin

8th March 210mg dihydrocodeine 120mg codeine

9th March 300mg pregabalin

10th March 60mg Dihydrocodeine, 16mg codeine

11th March 300mg pregabalin

12th March none

13th March none

14th march 180mg Dihydrocodeine 180mg codeine 20mg promethazine

15th March 25mg promethazine

16th March 100mg pregabalin

17th March 180mg Dihydrocodeine 25mg promethazine

18th March 400mg pregabalin

19th March none

20th March none

21st March 400mg pregabalin

22th March 1 promethazine and 4 zapping diarrhoea worse

23th March 400mg pregabalin

24th March 1 promethazine 180mg codeine

25th March 400mg pregabalin

26th March 12.5mg promethazine 180mg codeine

27th March nothing

28th March nothing 12.5 mg promethazine

29th March 25mg promethazine

30th March 800mg pregabalin and vodka s and a couple of swigs of vodka more gabbys and voddy and fags - after midnight

31th Marchh 180mg codeine 1 25mg promethazine

1st April none

2nd April none 25mg promethazine

3rd April 25mg promethazine

4th April nothing

5th April 500mg Pregabalin

6th April none

7th April 25mg promethazine

8th April promethazine

9th April none

10th April none

11th April none

The fact you've got a lot of 'nothing' days in there suggests you may not be as addicted as you think you are.

Keep that diary going and try to increase the 'nothing' days. It's a hard slog, but doable - especially as you're not yet on daily dosing.

Last edited:
The fact you've got a lot of 'nothing' days in there suggests you may not be as addicted as you think you are.

Keep that diary going and try to increase the 'nothing' days. It's a hard slog, but doable - especially as you're not yet on daily dosing.
Thank you.
I am afraid I took 60mg dihydrocodeine, a really low dose, since I wrote this.
I have spent, since Friday in bed, totally unmotivated, overwhelmed, anxious and depressed and it all got a bit much.
Well, back on the wagon tomorrow.
As supply may stop, I may have forced abstinence, which is probably why I had a bigger gap in my opiate usage.
Relapse is part of recovery, may I somehow get the ability to face life without drugs soon.

Your entry for 30th March sounds right up my street mate :ROFLMAO:
Yes, while I am under the influence of opiates right now, it is a "get though time" dose.
On that day, I did feel I wanted to get high.
The problem is we come back down again, and I am not sure if these two types of drugs are causing my worsening depression, or whether my circumstances are.

you haven't taken any opioids or pregab in 3 days?

I think that answers your question on if you're dependent or not, otherwise you wouldn't be asking
I asked because someone online stopped Pregabalin and were great for 5-6 days and then BAM!! withdrawal hit them, so I am wary of taking pregabalin until Wednesday.

Thank you.
I am afraid I took 60mg dihydrocodeine, a really low dose, since I wrote this.
I have spent, since Friday in bed, totally unmotivated, overwhelmed, anxious and depressed and it all got a bit much.
Well, back on the wagon tomorrow.
As supply may stop, I may have forced abstinence, which is probably why I had a bigger gap in my opiate usage.
Relapse is part of recovery, may I somehow get the ability to face life without drugs soon.

It's good that you can see the road you're heading down at this early stage. It also sounds like you've got some determination behind you as well which is great!

I concur. When you're addicted you can even wait 24hrs. U need it everyday or u feel ill as fk

It's good that you can see the road you're heading down at this early stage. It also sounds like you've got some determination behind you as well which is great!
I know addiction is a very complex thing.
I thought I did really well last year, however I was "addicted" to a man who did not feel the same way about me and it ended.

I concur. When you're addicted you can even wait 24hrs. U need it everyday or u feel ill as fk
I found that, with my last codeine/dihydrocodeine habit, it took 4 days for restless legs to kick in, the loose gut was there, maybe it was because I was on more valium then.
Why is my gut still loose? It's been loose a few months now. Stool tests were negative for cancer and stuff, blood tests next on 21st.

Are you using to alleviate boredom?
I used today, because I have spent 4 days not getting up until 4-6pm and I felt next to tears. I took two pills, (very low dose) I felt bored once they kicked in, but I had a bath, so that is a positive thing.

The 'can't wait' thing because otherwise you'll get ill is PHYSICAL addiction.
That's to say habituation, or dependence.

To my mind we shouldn't even be using the term 'addiction' for this state because it confuses the issue.
Countless patients in the history of medicine have been habituated to / become physically dependent upon opiates for physical ailments without ever becoming 'addicted' ( ie feeling a desire for the drug independent of its pain-relieving effects). While conversely it is possible to experience an addicted desire for a substance that does not cause physical dependence, such as cocaine or cannabis.

To my mind we shouldn't even be using the term 'addiction' for this state because it confuses the issue.
Countless patients in the history of medicine have been habituated to / become physically dependent upon opiates for physical ailments without ever becoming 'addicted' ( ie feeling a desire for the drug independent of its pain-relieving effects). While conversely it is possible to experience an addicted desire for a substance that does not cause physical dependence, such as cocaine or cannabis.
I agree, in hindsight, I should have used the term "physical dependence"
I thought I was physically dependent for the following reasons.
1) The valium masks the symptoms, nausea etc
2) While I had a real physical dependency in 2016, and I had the loose bowel, the restless legs did not show up until 4 days after stopping.
3)I am still on valium and also a sedating hormone (progesterone) that acts on GABA like valium and sedates me.
4)I took promethazine, which is known to keep opiates in the system longer, so I thought the last dose was still in my system.
5)Importantly, why has my depression increased a lot, like staying in bed type of depression, since I stopped using?

5)Importantly, why has my depression increased a lot, like staying in bed type of depression, since I stopped using?
I would think that what you were taking alleviated or masked your depression.
This is quite common with psychoactive substances of any kind.

I would think that what you were taking alleviated or masked your depression.
This is quite common with psychoactive substances of any kind.
That's what I feared, that I was using "drug chemical effects" as an excuse as to why my depression has worsened.

Cocaine does cause a fking horrible physical dependence hah, it feels horrible but doesn't last long just like 3-5 days then a fucking monster of a psychological dependence. Same with cannabis, it causes some form of physical wd but it's very mild and passes very quickly.

Cocaine does cause a fking horrible physical dependence hah, it feels horrible but doesn't last long just like 3-5 days then a fucking monster of a psychological dependence. Same with cannabis, it causes some form of physical wd but it's very mild and passes very quickly.
Yeah, I don't do cannabis anymore but I was obsessed with it and caned loads daily. I hated the thought of not having any. I am autistic and I thought it helped me stop meltdowns, but it really messes with you, it made me negligent and apathetic.