AMERICANA | Traditional Roots & Blues (only)

@Jerry Atrick
Damn my brother, that TVZ acoustic blue is amazing, the tracks I've ripped last night off that album is RAW Townes and exactly why I picked my jaw up off the floor when I first heard him. The guitar picking is amazing but like everyone who falls under his spell it's the quality of lyrics & the heart ripping quality of them, Townes one moment has you flying high like a golden eagle, the next his crushed you to dust.

You can tell so much about a person in the way of knowing his music & being a fan & those who don't know him,

For me tracks like Kathleen, Marie, Our Mother the mountain say it all. Also the version of Snake Mountain blues on acoustic blues ripped my heart out, this album is truly amazing, this is the TVZ I love & why out of all the music I love Townes stands on his own 100%.

Snake mountain callin.......my woman come round my body she find......

Well the old woman caught me sneakin round the cave.......

@Jerry Atrick
Damn my brother, that TVZ acoustic blue is amazing, the tracks I've ripped last night off that album is RAW Townes and exactly why I picked my jaw up off the floor when I first heard him. The guitar picking is amazing but like everyone who falls under his spell it's the quality of lyrics & the heart ripping quality of them, Townes one moment has you flying high like a golden eagle, the next his crushed you to dust.

You can tell so much about a person in the way of knowing his music & being a fan & those who don't know him,

For me tracks like Kathleen, Marie, Our Mother the mountain say it all. Also the version of Snake Mountain blues on acoustic blues ripped my heart out, this album is truly amazing, this is the TVZ I love & why out of all the music I love Townes stands on his own 100%.

Snake mountain callin.......my woman come round my body she find......

Well the old woman caught me sneakin round the cave.......
@Zopiclone bandit I'm glad you enjoyed Acoustic Blue. Like I said, that album was my very first taste of his music and after that, all of my previous opinions on what I thought was good music went out the window. Over the years I have honestly grown to enjoy his live albums more than his studio recorded albums for the very reason you mentioned: they seem more raw and heart ripping. I really like his guitar picking and you don't get much of that in his polished studio albums. Don't get me wrong, I adore his lyrics and many of his studio album gems he did not record live. But there is nothing like hearing just the man and his guitar, putting it all out there balls to the wall.

Have you heard his double album Live at the Old Quarter? If you haven't yet, I highly recommend finding it. The set kicks off with one of my favorite versions of Pancho and Lefty. It's a solid collection of songs played solo in Houston, Texas recorded in 1972 but I don't think it was released until 1979.

@Zopiclone bandit I'm glad you enjoyed Acoustic Blue. Like I said, that album was my very first taste of his music and after that, all of my previous opinions on what I thought was good music went out the window. Over the years I have honestly grown to enjoy his live albums more than his studio recorded albums for the very reason you mentioned: they seem more raw and heart ripping. I really like his guitar picking and you don't get much of that in his polished studio albums. Don't get me wrong, I adore his lyrics and many of his studio album gems he did not record live. But there is nothing like hearing just the man and his guitar, putting it all out there balls to the wall.

Have you heard his double album Live at the Old Quarter? If you haven't yet, I highly recommend finding it. The set kicks off with one of my favorite versions of Pancho and Lefty. It's a solid collection of songs played solo in Houston, Texas recorded in 1972 but I don't think it was released until 1979.

Yeah I got that album as double CD

For those of you who are familiar with Old Time banjo style, Otis Taylor likes to play in Sawmill tuning aka G modal tuning aka Mountain Minor tuning. Here he is performing his song Ten Million Slaves. Enjoy!

I love Doc Boggs so much, his version of Pretty Polly is my favourite & Oh Death too.

You aware of Robert Pete Williams?

Haven't previously heard of Robert Pete Williams, but I like what I'm hearing. I love me some tasty fingerpicking.

I'm sure you're aware of the Reverend Gary Davis. Prior to hearing him, I had no idea one could get that much sound out of playing with just the thumb and index finger on the picking hand.