• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Any hydrocodone tips?

Hey Clonidine ( like .1 ) potentiates it but don't go crazy its a blood pressure med but off script for anxiety too or insomnia, also someone correct me if im wrong does Grapefruit potentiate the effects?
Not sure on clonidine for pontentiating, however based on how it works it makes sense. Though its mainly used for Withdrawl symptoms.

Lol lucky you. Though I dont want rain on your parade, I believe you have to eat it quite few hours before the Vics. Some stated this earlier. May want to research a bit further to verify, to make full use of it.

Off topic, are you nocturnal? I would imagine its early morning if your in the states.
Hahah yeah basically, I sleep in until noon and stay up late especially when I’m taking vics

Hahah yeah basically, I sleep in until noon and stay up late especially when I’m taking vics
Ha! I used to be pretty nocturnal myself for years. You just happened to catch me on a special and rare occasion. At the end of an acid and oxy trip. Its rare nowadays im up this late, though i do reminisce, which why im prolly up now lol.

Ha! I used to be pretty nocturnal myself for years. You just happened to catch me on a special and rare occasion. At the end of an acid and oxy trip. Its rare nowadays im up this late, though i do reminisce, which why im prolly up now lol.
Acid and oxy huh? Never tried that combo what’s it like

I know this post is from last year lol (not in a old way), so sorry for the lateish repy. Anyways, you can try Tonic Water as another option to grapefruit juice.

Thats what I have done in the past (for Oxy, so it maybe a lil different for hydro), and has worked wonders. I used to drink 8-12 ounces 30-45 mins prior to dosing. It definately lengthened and pontentiated the original dose quite considerably, atleast for me it did. Tonic water contains Quinine which blocks CYP2D6 and induces CYP3A4. So the result is less Norhydrocone & Norhydromorphone and Increased amounts of Hydromorphone.

Tonic water is pretty cheap too if you get the store brand. Though I will warn you right off the bat that it does have bitter taste to it because of Quinine. Its not unbearable, though it may be an acquired taste for some over time. Also tonic water does have a bit sugar added to it, though not as bad soda pop, keep that in mind if you diabetes or blood sugar problem at hand. I WOULD NOT Suggest diet Tonic Water as substitute. It taste horrible and makes it that much unbearable to drink, so do even bother lol.

If your really into pontentiating with tonic water, and want to be more economical about it, you can always just buy Cinchona Bark powder which has quinine and dozens of others alkaloids related to quinine. Then put the powder into capsules with a capsule making machine (There is alot more to it than what I said, I just kept it short and simplified. One would atleast need a scale in the 1000ths of a milligram scale out doses when finding proper dose and so on). That way you can consume it without having to worry about ingesting ounces of fluid, and you will get health benifits from the tree bark with all alkoloids in it.

I would to like lay down a Stern DISCLAIMER with making your own capsules of quinine, unless your willing have dedication, patience, intune with yourself and how you feel, i would NOT Recommend this for most people because if calculated wrong you can OD and possibly DIE from it. But if done right its a game changer along with health benifits.

Hope That Helps OP
Hydrocodone is inactivated by CYP3A4 and turned into the corresponding morphine by CYP2D6 (same with codeine). If tonic water did this glutethemide wouldn't be such a campfire tale. If you have any aminoglutethemide on hand that would do the job.

Paper below even uses quinine to block metabolism to hydromorphone.

Hydrocodone is inactivated by CYP3A4 and turned into the corresponding morphine by CYP2D6 (same with codeine). If tonic water did this glutethemide wouldn't be such a campfire tale. If you have any aminoglutethemide on hand that would do the job.

So I had the enzyme conversion factor backwards?

Looks that way
My bad I got it mixed then. Its been a while since i went in detail like that. Hydrmorphone has short half either way so most the value in quinine and quinidine will come from inhibiting CYP3A4 preventing formation of less potent Norhydrocodone and Norhyrdromorphone. Which I believe dont cross the BBB easily.

At any rate I appreciated your clarification and editing with correct data for those who may refer to this in the future

Whats glutethemide and aminoglutethemide first time I've heard of it. Do you have experience with it?

Also Grapefruit juice isn't as strong of an inhibitor on the CYP2D6 according this:

My bad I got it mixed then. Its been a while since i went in detail like that. Hydrmorphone has short half either way so most the value in quinine and quinidine will come from inhibiting CYP3A4 preventing formation of less potent Norhydrocodone and Norhyrdromorphone. Which I believe dont cross the BBB easily.

At any rate I appreciated your clarification and editing with correct data for those who may refer to this in the future

Whats glutethemide and aminoglutethemide first time I've heard of it. Do you have experience with it?
No glutethemide was big before i was born.

It's a barb like downer that induces 2D6. People would mix it with codeine in the combo 4s and doors (Tylenol 4 and glutethemide was sold as doriden).

Aminoglutethemide lacks sedative effects but hits a few CYPS used in steroidogenesis. Bodybuilders use it as an aromatase inhibitor and it also lowers cortisol + aldosterone production.

Hell, I wish I still had that hydrocodone now.

Going back to buprenorphine is like getting back with your ex after you've slept with some one hot. Ugh.
Haha, that's good analogy I can visualize. Sorry you have slave back to bupe though my friend. Have you tried low doses of methadone? I know its not what you want, im curious if its been explored.

Aminoglutethemide lacks sedative effects but hits a few CYPS used in steroidogenesis. Bodybuilders use it as an aromatase inhibitor and it also lowers cortisol + aldosterone production.
After further reading it sounds like its a somewhat toxic though. Side effect profile is quite long too.

Haha, that's good analogy I can visualize. Sorry you have slave back to bupe though my friend. Have you tried low doses of methadone? I know its not what you want, im curious if its been explored.
I enjoyed methadone back in the day but getting on it in the US is a major pain in the butt that requires daily trips to the clinic. This doesn't jive with me personally, but I think I'd be happier on methadone than buprenorphine. If they didn't want your soul in blood, I'd probably switch.

I enjoyed methadone back in the day but getting on it in the US is a major pain in the butt that requires daily trips to the clinic. This doesn't jive with me personally, but I think I'd be happier on methadone than buprenorphine. If they didn't want your soul in blood, I'd probably switch.
What is about the clinic that doesn't jive with you?

What is about the clinic that doesn't jive with you?
Idk.

Car breaks down? No dose.
Sleep in a little too late? No dose.
Use an illegal substance? No dose.
Need benzos? No dose.
Feel like you're in withdrawal after a few hours at home? No dose.
And on and on...

With bupe, you can get a 30 day prescription for at home use the very first day.

Guess I think their restrictions on methadone are arbitrary and make it harder for people to stick with.

Strangely, I searched but could not find much at all on here. Weird.

Does anyone know of any ways, over the counter, to extend the duration of hydrocodone or make it stronger?
I'm not talking about shit like "benadryl" or anything like that. Anything to inhibit any liver enzymes or anything?

I've had the pleasure to enjoy a few 10's currently. I've been on subs for about 5 years. Weirdly, I can feel 10-20mg of hydro over my subs. They actually feel similar, except I find buprenorphine is more "heavy & sedating", where as the hydro is more energizing and clear headed. But the issue is that within 4-6hrs (some times less) of taking hydro, I will start yawning and eyes will start watering (first signs of withdrawals coming on) and I end up having to take some subs anyways.

Am I shit out of luck or is there anything I can do to enjoy these longer?

Also I take gabapentin, but read it can hinder hydro's BA. So should it be skipped before & during the effects? Would taking a gabapentin a few hours in reduce the experience?
Strangely, I searched but could not find much at all on here. Weird.

Does anyone know of any ways, over the counter, to extend the duration of hydrocodone or make it stronger?
I'm not talking about shit like "benadryl" or anything like that. Anything to inhibit any liver enzymes or anything?

I've had the pleasure to enjoy a few 10's currently. I've been on subs for about 5 years. Weirdly, I can feel 10-20mg of hydro over my subs. They actually feel similar, except I find buprenorphine is more "heavy & sedating", where as the hydro is more energizing and clear headed. But the issue is that within 4-6hrs (some times less) of taking hydro, I will start yawning and eyes will start watering (first signs of withdrawals coming on) and I end up having to take some subs anyways.

Am I shit out of luck or is there anything I can do to enjoy these longer?

Also I take gabapentin, but read it can hinder hydro's BA. So should it be skipped before & during the effects? Would taking a gabapentin a few hours in reduce the experience?
I don’t know if you smoke pot or if it’s easily available in your area, but I’ve found smokin a joint or a bowl always potentiates the effects, but that’s also probably because I smoke daily. You can also use dxm cough syrup, I recommend delsym brand and the orange flavor (easiest to digest) or getting the capsules. Just make sure there’s no Guaifenesin (used to clear mucus, but mostly added to prevent abusing the dxm) or you’ll end up feeling nauseous as hell. So just make sure if you go the dxm route that the only active ingredient is the dxm

I don’t know if you smoke pot or if it’s easily available in your area, but I’ve found smokin a joint or a bowl always potentiates the effects, but that’s also probably because I smoke daily. You can also use dxm cough syrup, I recommend delsym brand and the orange flavor (easiest to digest) or getting the capsules. Just make sure there’s no Guaifenesin (used to clear mucus, but mostly added to prevent abusing the dxm) or you’ll end up feeling nauseous as hell. So just make sure if you go the dxm route that the only active ingredient is the dxm
Oh yeah! Bud definitely potentiates for sure.
Definitely DXM too, although it's hard for me to get DXM down in any form these days. lol
I think I developed some aversion to tasting cough medicine since I use to abuse the hell out of DXM. I even choke and gag on the capsules. lol

But thanks for the response! :p

Oh yeah! Bud definitely potentiates for sure.
Definitely DXM too, although it's hard for me to get DXM down in any form these days. lol
I think I developed some aversion to tasting cough medicine since I use to abuse the hell out of DXM. I even choke and gag on the capsules. lol

But thanks for the response! :p
Yeah no problem! I’ve used blue light for the past few years for guidance but just recently made an account. I feel you on that dxm though after my last binge on it a couple years ago tried swallowing like 10 of those capsules at once and one ended up busting open down my throat and since then I’ve been turned off. Other than that Ig I haven’t experimented too much with over the counter medications to increase the effects. I’ve tried Benadryl and other antihistamines such as cetrizine, but those only increase my ability to nod out and tbh that’s a feeling I don’t like to achieve unless I’m going to bed.

Yeah no problem! I’ve used blue light for the past few years for guidance but just recently made an account. I feel you on that dxm though after my last binge on it a couple years ago tried swallowing like 10 of those capsules at once and one ended up busting open down my throat and since then I’ve been turned off. Other than that Ig I haven’t experimented too much with over the counter medications to increase the effects. I’ve tried Benadryl and other antihistamines such as cetrizine, but those only increase my ability to nod out and tbh that’s a feeling I don’t like to achieve unless I’m going to bed.
Agreed.

My little vacation with hydro is over though unfortunately. lol Back to daily bupe for me.

I use to go on DXM trips waiting for more heroin/pain pills or bupe to come around way back in the day and I definitely noticed that after a good heavy trip, my tolerance to the heroin or whatever I'd get had gone done immensely. Some times doing an opioid after a DXM trip really makes it more noddy and sedating for me too.

I still use benadryl for occassional nausea but it doesn't do much for my bupe or opioids anymore. I wouldn't mind trying some of the prescription antihistamines that can apparently induce euphoria all on their own. I'd imagine they'd feel great with an opioid.

And hell yeah, I've used bluelight for a very long time but only recently made an account like a year ago. It's a great haven of knowledge! Welcome aboard! :)