• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone get a positive brain/emotional reset from a big dose of opiates?

The effects do not wear off at 24 hours active amounts are still lighting up your opioid receptors even if you don’t feel a strong high anymore
Well they certainly have worn off by a week, and I still feel the great mental reset for 2-3 weeks.

Also, when I don’t get a good high, I am looking for another high within 8 hours of the last dose. Which corresponds to when many addicts feel withdrawals. I think if they are “lighting up” your receptors at the 24 hour mark then we wouldn’t see much of an addiction issue with them, as it would be very easy to go a couple days without. So you’re off base here I think.

Well they certainly have worn off by a week, and I still feel the great mental reset for 2-3 weeks.

Also, when I don’t get a good high, I am looking for another high within 8 hours of the last dose. Which corresponds to when many addicts feel withdrawals. I think if they are “lighting up” your receptors at the 24 hour mark then we wouldn’t see much of an addiction issue with them, as it would be very easy to go a couple days without. So you’re off base here I think.

Keep using opioids for your mental reset and get back to us in 15 years when you’ve been using them as long as I have.

I get paid a lot to look at drug PK profiles on almost a daily basis. But you seem to know more about opioid PKs than I. Do you even know what PK stands for? No you don’t.

Do you know what the half life of heroin is? Do some math and calculate how much heroin is still present at 24 hrs….this isn’t debatable it’s scientific fact that you’re wrong

You have no fucking clue what you’re saying if you think opioids aren’t still clinging to the receptors 24 hrs later

Why do you think everyone says that heroin withdrawal peaks at day 3 or 4?….because you have less heroin in your system than you did at 24 hrs post dose

I’m no psychologist but id say your "mental reset" is some joy at realizing there is a drug out there that can take your pain and misery away…that’s called addiction bro…but congrats you made up a new name for addiction "mental reset”

Last edited:
That's the dope telling you it's time to repeat the experience my friend.

I've never heard it explained in this way exactly. It's pretty similar to how a lot of people feel about Opioids. People will on Amphetamines will always tell you how much better Amphetamines make them. People on Opioids will tell you how warm, safe and relaxed they felt, many describe it as the best feeling of their lives.

I think a lot of people get attached to that feeling of safety. They feel protected. That's how I felt. I felt like it was a base of operations from where I could face the world and retreat when I needed to. I don't think your experience is that different. The comfort you experience gives you the strength to be confident in your outside life. Your description sounds like someone who is reminiscing on the feeling, perhaps someone validating their inner feelings of total lust toward Opioids by making it into something it's not. I don't know you, that's just how I see things.

Keep using opioids for your mental reset and get back to us in 15 years when you’ve been using them as long as I have.

I get paid a lot to look at drug PK profiles on almost a daily basis. But you seem to know more about opioid PKs than I. Do you even know what PK stands for? No you don’t.

Do you know what the half life of heroin is? Do some math and calculate how much heroin is still present at 24 hrs….this isn’t debatable it’s scientific fact that you’re wrong

You have no fucking clue what you’re saying if you think opioids aren’t still clinging to the receptors 24 hrs later

Why do you think everyone says that heroin withdrawal peaks at day 3 or 4?….because you have less heroin in your system than you did at 24 hrs post dose

I’m no psychologist but id say your "mental reset" is some joy at realizing there is a drug out there that can take your pain and misery away…that’s called addiction bro…but congrats you made up a new name for addiction "mental reset”
I have been using opioids in some form or another, and to varying degrees for 22 years, including as an IV heroin addict from 2010-2015. I have had a passing interest in pharmacokinetics since high school so, yes, I am familiar.

I did not claim there is nothing on the receptors after 24 hours. I said they are not “lighting up” any receptors. Maybe we interpret that phrase differently. When I was addicted I would be craving hard very soon after the high wore off and in full withdrawal within 24 hours, peaking days 2-3. As they leave the receptors you begin to feel worse and worse and want more and more. It’s not like you feel good, then cross a line and feel bad. Your brain typically will increasingly want more AS the receptors empty-- if they are half full you don't feel as good as when they are full -- things aren't all good until the last bit falls off and then you start suddenly feeling shitty.

Regardless of any of that, you have nothing on your receptors 3 weeks later. So that does not explain pharmacologically an elevated and positive outlook 3 weeks out, with no continued opiate use in that time.

What I’m saying it does for me, is gives me the joy while high, yes of course, but then my mental perspective that changes during the high stays present well beyond my use. I’m not claiming this is safe or good, or even more than temporary- I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced something similar.

I am very familiar with addiction and I am not presently addicted. I use periodically over the past year. Anywhere from 0-6 times in a given month. Addiction is certainly a high high risk, but is not what I’m talking about here.

Last edited:
It's controversial but low dose opiate therapy has been used by some as an anti-depressant and anxiolytic. I personally know people who have done this. Even at low doses though, the addiction potential is real. Eventual cessation can put the person right back into anxiety and depression.

I have a friend who used low dose oxy to get through their masters degree.

I agree though it feels great. I get reset each time I do it. Over and over and over…

Doing opiates while on day three of detox cold turkey is a great all the pain gone but then turns to guilt regret and you know you gone back a day

Yeah I mean I guess it is a sort of reset for my mental health but on the other side of that coin it can actually make shit worse.

So every damn morning when it kicks in of course it feels refreshing, but at what cost? Shit doesn't stop. If it does stop, it was because of BS or something tragic..I didn't invite it, no matter how much I want to claim I am in control ,I certainly am not. It's a very cowardice feeling of shame and guilt on my part sometimes just to feel this refreshing relief..which in return can make shit worse.

^ all that same song shit. But yeah no my head is back to screaming once I realize that I am out or tomorrow there will be none, or even if I have plenty. I really wish there was an easy out, something like subs that magically cure all the bs is very close but not close enough. Most likely much worse in the long haul.

"Aint no question if I want it, I need it. I can feel it slowly drifting away from me. No more chances if you blow this. You're bogus. I will never ever let you live this down..
Penitentiary chances.
The devil dances
And eventually answers,
To the call of Autumn.
All them fallin'
For the love of ballin
Get caught with 30 rocks the cop look like Alec Baldwin." West & Cudi

That's the dope telling you it's time to repeat the experience my friend.

I've never heard it explained in this way exactly. It's pretty similar to how a lot of people feel about Opioids. People will on Amphetamines will always tell you how much better Amphetamines make them. People on Opioids will tell you how warm, safe and relaxed they felt, many describe it as the best feeling of their lives.

I think a lot of people get attached to that feeling of safety. They feel protected. That's how I felt. I felt like it was a base of operations from where I could face the world and retreat when I needed to. I don't think your experience is that different. The comfort you experience gives you the strength to be confident in your outside life. Your description sounds like someone who is reminiscing on the feeling, perhaps someone validating their inner feelings of total lust toward Opioids by making it into something it's not. I don't know you, that's just how I see things.
That could make sense that it is as simple as "reminiscing" on a nice time that lingers on, and I have just been fortunate that it doesn't trigger a compulsion for more thus far

It's controversial but low dose opiate therapy has been used by some as an anti-depressant and anxiolytic. I personally know people who have done this. Even at low doses though, the addiction potential is real. Eventual cessation can put the person right back into anxiety and depression.

I have a friend who used low dose oxy to get through their masters degree.

Very interesting. I was wondering if this could ever be the case, and think I heard something about the past. I don't think it is viable as a consistent strategy, but maybe very short term...

Very interesting. I was wondering if this could ever be the case, and think I heard something about the past. I don't think it is viable as a consistent strategy, but maybe very short term...

I think even emotional/psychological pain counts as pain, so opiates can be an "analgesic" for that. I can't fully support it though. There's not much point in using an opiate as an anti-depressant because a) you'll get hooked and b) if you try to stop, your mental health problem might come back even worse due to WD. In my friend's case, they used low dose oxy to get through an extremely stressful academic time when their whole future was on the line. They sacrificed their future mental/physical wellbeing in order to wrap themselves in an opiate blanket in the now. I wouldn't recommend that as a typical strategy.

Opioids are the oldest drugs used by man in ancient Mesopotamia, for recreational use age in addition to its medicinal / analgesic properties. The name they gave it translates directly into “Plant of Joy” lol

Poppy species, specifically Papavier Somniferum, natural alkaloids Morphine 7-13%, Codeine, theBaine, Papavier, etc. Turkish opium has the highest concentration of the alkaloid Morphine.

Oral Oxycodone was the most profound warm pleasure euphoria I’ve ever experienced in my entire lifetime, second was Methylphenidate (Ritalin)

I use to enjoy speedballs a lot over 10years ago, now it’s strictly the oral Brompton Cocktail lol

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin 40mg IR
Valium 10-20mg
Klonopin 0.5-1mg
Ativan 1-2mg
Lyrica 300mg
Cannabis Indica 10mg jel cap
Tanqueray Jin 3oz with Gingerale
Cocaine & Ketamine 50/50 nice line every new Jin cocktail I make while smoking a fresh Belmont cigarette

Fireplace crackling watching movie with GF relaxed on couch literally melting on the couch with euphoric bliss lol

….but to your original posting, I’d have to give that to a standard 100ug tab of LSD-25. Held under my tongue until it deteriorates, full peak onset In two hours, the most beautiful molecule ever synthesized

If I don’t get a good high, I’m left feeling sick, depressed, etc the next day with string cravings to do more.

However, if I get a nice, euphoric high, I have an afterglow for the next 24 hours, feel great, like my mental state has been reset, almost like after a mushroom trip. Paradoxically I can go weeks without thinking about using again after a good opiate high like that. It just seems to set me on a good mental path.

Anyone else experience this?
I guess you are talking about Heroin? Because personally other opiates I´ve tried do not have this 'afterglow' effect at all...more kind of a emotional crash for me...

Absolutely. I experience what you're referring to far more noticeably and consistently from stimulant use. After a shameful speed run of adderall/ritalin or whatever stimulant medication, I'll always notice a "revival" of my optimistic side. Narcotics don't always have purely negative outcomes on the brain and body. Opiates *with a huge grain of salt* can teach a person what happiness/peace and acceptance feels like. Sometimes someone horribly depressed for so longgggg takes MDMA for instance and the depression that plagued them is no longer there for the far future even. People sometimes just need a little assistance even if artificial to get back to the light side. I wouldn't suggest using opiates to "restart" your mentality, unless long term addiction is fine for someone to experience after the so-called reset. For sure, drugs that produce euphoria by releasing dopamine/endorphins have a physical reset for many. It might even be 100% purely mental. I don't recommend any narcotic that can kill you or result in hardcore addiction for a mentality restart. Its just unsettling to expect nothing bad to come of doing such a thing. For instance, someone recreationally doing meth to alleviate a genuine/valid depression is most likely going to suffer in some shape or form if they are prone to addiction w/ hardcore lvl 1 narcotics. Heroin is not ideal to produce internal changes that someone could probably achieve fully sober. However, sure--there is somewhat the implication being real here. A chemical reaction is easier than deep internal soul-searching for depression like loss of a loved one. True depression that is fully justified is one of the hardest things to cut short. Even drug use cannot fully dodge misery from a traumatic life change for the worse. For a person struggling with long term depression because something horrible happened to you or someone you know, there is no way in hell even heavy narcotic abuse can dodge that sort of grief. No one can evade true loss by putting bandaids over it like your loved one didn't die at all lol.

Do you even know what PK stands for? No you don’t.
The mods get pissed at me when I start calling people put on there bullshit too. We both know iuyr chemistry and I don't need someone putting fake Information up here for a VICTIM to read and think that he can do that.....

If I don’t get a good high, I’m left feeling sick, depressed, etc the next day with string cravings to do more.

However, if I get a nice, euphoric high, I have an afterglow for the next 24 hours, feel great, like my mental state has been reset, almost like after a mushroom trip. Paradoxically I can go weeks without thinking about using again after a good opiate high like that. It just seems to set me on a good mental path.

Anyone else experience this?
I used to get this, with multiple drugs. But it didnt last that long in the long run. Eventually that reset was replaced with intense drug cravings and guilt as soon as it wore off. And eventually I couldnt function sober. Most of the time it leads to misery