• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Are drugs fun or do you turn to them in despair?

Sorry but I think that's really the worst and most lame of all reasons to do drugs. It's really not a good reason at all.

Whenever there's stories about people's life stories and hard luck stories or w/e and they end up addicted to drugs I usually have some sort of empathy for their situation, but those that used or got into it due to boredom, that really doesn't cut it.

Although I have to say that I can't pretend that I've never used drugs myself for those reasons. There's been many a time when I've gone on huge marathon MDPV binges, and I guess some of the underlying reasons included escapism and boredom. But I haven't thought well of myself after those sessions.
Both, both hedonism (stims, psychedelics & cannabis) and pain relief (both physical and mental -dihydrocodeine, ketamine & benzos), but boredom? Too much about life to be amazed by.

Psychedelics turned out to be unbelievably theraputic

I'm down to medication for pain and myoclonus plus the occasional LSD experience. My only problem with LSD is having had DMT and trying to replicate the latter's effects. Last time I ate 8 blotters and had4 drops - each supposed to be 125ug. I MIGHT have overdone it a little.

Fun thought. Little people walking around every surface in the room. It still did not seem THAT powerful to me.

I'm down to medication for pain and myoclonus plus the occasional LSD experience. My only problem with LSD is having had DMT and trying to replicate the latter's effects. Last time I ate 8 blotters and had4 drops - each supposed to be 125ug. I MIGHT have overdone it a little.

Fun thought. Little people walking around every surface in the room. It still did not seem THAT powerful to me.
Combine them. My first real hardcore ego death occurred from smoking DMT at the peak of an acid trip. Literally thought I had died.

Fun is what you do to escape boredom, and i'm desperately bored most of the time.

On a more serious note, alcohol masks my depression and anxiety when i'm under the influence but ofc it comes back stronger when i sober up and see the state my life is in. Trying to quit and figure out ways to deal with that shit without alcohol or psych meds.
I find meditation helps, and at least 30-min of exercise daily.

If you are healthy and you take a drug, have fun, then sober up, you can go on with your life and have fun in other ways, maybe do the drug again if you want. That's not addiction, it is recreation.

If you are hurting and you take a drug, have fun and the hurt is gone, then sober up and the hurt is back, and you had forgotten about that pain because you lived with it so long, but now you notice it because it was absent for a little while, and it is terrible and you want it gone, so you find the drug again to dull the pain. This is generally subconscious. You tell yourself you just REALLY want that fun again, and soon. Who wouldn't? Fun is fun, right? But you are obsessed with it more than others around you, and you are not sure why they don't like fun as much as you, but it is really that they are not in as much pain as you. That's addiction, it is self-medication for invisible pain, psychological and emotional.

I think our society tells a false narrative that drugs are so fun you get hooked on that fun, so they are inherently addictive. That masks the truth that our society is hurting people in large numbers, psychologically and emotionally. It is a largely inhumane system. I am not suggesting there are not some drugs that might somehow create an actual addiction. Perhaps that exists. Perhaps crack is such a drug. I do not know. I have not done crack, or heroin. I have not smoked crystal meth. I decided long ago that those were the "big three" threats to avoid. But these days I suspect all drug addiction, even to crack, is really just self-medication.

They did a psychological study with mice (or rats?) long ago, put a couple in a cage, put a bottle of pure water and a bottle of water with opiates (or maybe cocaine?). The mice used the drug-laced water till they died. This led people to declare that these drugs were addictive. More recently, a psychological study was done where, instead of putting mice in an isolated, unnatural, stressful and unpleasant cage, they instead put them in an idyllic mouse community full of friend mice. And they gave them pure water and, I think, opiate water (something like that, look it up if you want details perfect). Guess what? They did not use the drug water to death. Some were seen to use it when they had an injury or issue, but they generally preferred the pure water. The conclusion is that if a mouse, animal, person is in a good environment with good social interactions (friends, family, mate) they do not get addicted. The drug is not causing addiction. The societal problems wound the people who live in them and those wounds cause pain and that pain and that is where addiction comes from.

Or at least that is what I think is the most logical takeaway from the current science is. But that won't stop the Drug War, right?

Now I'm pissed and I'm wanting drugs.... um, for the pain, yeah, that's it...my back hurts.

~psychoblast~

Last edited:
it depends what drug, any stimulant and i seem to rinse the brains out of it completely to the point i'm 10 stone soaking wet and look like i'm dying

do i think some drugs can be beneficial? ofcourse, most drugs have some form of use if used sensibly. LSD, DMT, and even Ketamine when used sensibly have helped me immensly in times of dispair. i had a close friend die when i was in my early 20's, it happened right infront of me, i witnessed the whole thing and despite trying to help it wasn't enough, he later died in the emergency room. that haunted me for months. however some solo k holing and i managed to get passed my depression and back to being a good version of myself.

lately i've been having a few pregablin, since i quit crack and h, i've been finding they help my workouts, and my appetite. had 450mg this morning and i've literally hoovered and mopped the whole house. something i'd probably never do if i wasn't on drugs.