• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Avoiding Pregabalin Dependency

MrManners

Bluelighter
Hey guys and gals. Me again! Unfortunately I relapsed on the codeine. I’m gonna start a cold turkey withdrawal in the next couple of days. I’ve managed to get 10 X 300 mg tabs of pregabalin. Im gonna use them in the evening along with vaping some weed so I can sleep. The insomnia is the worst part of a withdrawal for me. What im wondering is how long I can safely take these for without risking dependency. Bear in mind that around 18 months ago I used Diaz to help with another withdrawal. I took 30mg every other day over 3 weeks and I had an awful withdrawal from the benzos that lasted 4 weeks with further waves of withdrawal symptoms that continued for 8 months. So I'm hesitant about using pregabalin. I’ve taken it before for up to 3 nights in a row without issue. I will only be using it in the evening, and the max I will take is 300mg per dose. Thanks for reading, looking forward to the input.

Fortunately, codeine (or other opioid) dependency will have mostly passed within a week or less. Using the pregab with caution (only when needed and at the smallest effective dose) will most likely not be an issue if only used during that week of withdrawal. One could wait til in full WDs before even dosing pregab as this would narrow the chances of cessation problems.
Best of luck with this and be careful?
peace

Try to keep the dosage as low as possible. Begin with 150mg if that gets you the desired effect.
The tolerance skyrockets with pregabalin after using it just one time.

Consuming 10 x 300mg shouldn't give you anywhere near as hefty withdrawals as the diazepam did, but it's really hard to say how individuals react.

Like @6am-64-14m said, I'd wait until the WD's peaked before dosing it.

Good luck!