• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Axcidental Intra-arterial Use, your stories, and mine

noflers

Bluelighter
After seeing a thread closed due to the possibility of speculation. I thought of
post this because ir is the first thing I'd
speculate if the thread were still open.
Lol

So I'd like to hear peoples stories about accidentally injecting drugs into an artery.

I'm most interested in info on the radial artery and black tar heroin, and the the long term effects. Because that'sexactly what I did, about 8-9 years ago. The radial artery runs up the thumb side of the wrist. I'll find a diagram of the arteries in the hand. Any way I pull blood back so I know I'm in a vein (only it was actually the artery). I inject at full blast and immediately my hand catches on fire, turns bright red and starts swelling until it looked like it could be the hand of a 60 year old alchoholic with freaking gout or something. Oh, and when I say catches fire I mean it ached/burned at like 16 out of 10 on the pain scale.

Anyway, the pain subsided slowly, about 2 hours. I had more dope so I found a real vein and shot more, but it didn't help the hand.

I've been off dope since 2011, but the past 5 (probably longer) years I've had this swollen hand. Its not like super noticeably swollen, but it is. And general stiffness in all the joints of my hand. Last year I had carpal tunnel release surgery, and at the same time ulnar nerve release surgery

Any story about accidentally, or even intentionally injecting into an artery are welcome. What was it like and do you have any lasting symptoms?

JR5de81.jpg

I did something similar with micron filtered Oxy but I pushed slow and felt the electric fire traveling down my thumb and into the palmar arch region. A different feeling from a nerve strike as it spread a little slower and didn't cease near as quickly. The feeling was what I imagine putting one's hand in front of a kilowatt magnetron would be like.

The swelling was minor and transient plus the electric burning sensation dissipated fairly quick. I think since it was micron filtered there was no ischemia or emboli of the capillaries and it was a small amount, but unfiltered tar particulates lodged in arterial vessels might be responsible for the prolonged swelling. The one good thing that came out of it was never using anything not run through a wheel first, ever, after that.

I try to pay closer attention to color and ease of flash if I partake in those activities now.

1-7-1.jpg

The wrist area is a busy with many vessels in close proximity.

With BTH you can't really tell the color of the flash, especially when you need .5g of crap dope at a minimum. Lol

I'm surprised more haven't weighed in.

What about injecting straight into a nerve, the median nerve in particular. Same spot as where i fucked up, whatever it is i fucked up.

Btw, i was injecting right where the wrist meets the hand.

Anyone....?

Also, yes I do know how to spell accidental. But when you're messing around with ketamine a lot goes unnoticed. Lol can I even change the title? Mods please help, I'm obsessing over it now, in a bad way.

Also, if you're shooting anything, get yourself some micron filters. Your lack of abscesses will make the small cost worth it. Cotton is no substitute. I say this having never used a real filter myself. I, thankfully, never had to deal with cotton fever, but I've had a couple fucked up absesses. However, I'm older and more educated than when I was shooting heroin 6 years ago.

Wow, just saying that brings me tears of joy. 6 fucking years guys.

Last edited:
I'm clean for 5 myself, congrats. :)

Never injected though.