• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Serious Benzo uncionciousness vs pain

Fertile

Bluelighter
I have just read 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' for about the 20th time. I have read science-fiction novels in which the hero can tan take strong analgesics so pain doesn't affect them - myth as far as I know. But having taking SILLY doses of some benzos, I KNOW a week can be lost. But can a week of pain be lost?

It occurred to me to ask because while we have sufenanil & ketamine, we don't have anything with such DOA. I presume fluclonazolam is the most potent (of those made - more potent analogues are possible but hard work).

If the person under torture is simply knocked out for a week - will pain wake them? I say no. I broke my arm 3 days into a toxicology test and didn't wake up (in hospital) until day 12. I'm not proud - but I think that if you design something, it's your JOB to test toxicology. I used fluclonazepam as an example.... it was something more potent.

Just a heads up your post is not clear… people may have trouble understanding what your looking 4. So your looking to comatose yourself with benzodiazepines to skip the pain of a broken arm?

Maybe try a combination of Tylenol and a nsai. Should help.

Well - it's theoretical. Can one avoid 7-14 days of torture of one has taken a sufficient amount of benzos.

I KNOW from experience that one can lose 3 or 4 days with nothing more complex that temazepam (400 of them) but I wonder IF pain would break through it all.

After all - with ANY benzo - once 100% of receptors are full almost 100% of the time, the effects get no stronger.

Well - it's theoretical. Can one avoid 7-14 days of torture of one has taken a sufficient amount of benzos.

I KNOW from experience that one can lose 3 or 4 days with nothing more complex that temazepam (400 of them) but I wonder IF pain would break through it all.

After all - with ANY benzo - once 100% of receptors are full almost 100% of the time, the effects get no stronger.

I (intentionally) overdosed on Phenobarbital and was in a coma for 5 days once, so....definitely yes. But I was in ICU on a ventilator etc, so theoretically it's definitely possible, but you'd have to be in hospital and monitored by medical professionals the whole time.

Well - benzos do not tend to cause the serious and possibly fatal effects barbs do. I've SEEN someone take 100 phenobarbitone and be out cold for a week so maybe it's a safer barb but it's very dicey stuff.

I'm glad you cam around!

I know not all benzos are equal. I know a case of someone swallowing 7 grams of powder. They were out cold for 2 weeks, but recovered. I would not try that with nitrazepam/flunitazepam/clonazepam or such (the nitro makes them more toxic).

But did they try pain to wake you?

I READ that benzos (at sufficient doses) mean that you have no memory of pain so a long session with a torturer would not build up mentally. I just wondered because the statement is made that 'EVERYONE talks under torture' but if you could put that off for 7-10 days then others could get out.

I am sure SIS have considered this... but they do not tend to make findings public.

“Everyone talks under torture”. But that’s what makes torture useless. They will say whatever to make it stop. The whatever you get is well whatever.

Well - benzos do not tend to cause the serious and possibly fatal effects barbs do. I've SEEN someone take 100 phenobarbitone and be out cold for a week so maybe it's a safer barb but it's very dicey stuff.

I'm glad you cam around!

I know not all benzos are equal. I know a case of someone swallowing 7 grams of powder. They were out cold for 2 weeks, but recovered. I would not try that with nitrazepam/flunitazepam/clonazepam or such (the nitro makes them more toxic).

I READ that benzos (at sufficient doses) mean that you have no memory of pain so a long session with a torturer would not build up mentally. I just wondered because the statement is made that 'EVERYONE talks under torture' but if you could put that off for 7-10 days then others could get out.

I am sure SIS have considered this... but they do not tend to make findings public.

Yes, they tried pain to wake me (I was a 3 on the GCS w/ zero response to painful stimuli). I find tat extremely hard to believe unless that person had an unheard of tolerance to barbiturates. Phenobarb is definitely not a safer one because it's very long-acting. I took maybe like 15-20 of them (among other drugs....would have taken more of them bit I was hit much harder and more suddenly than expected).
And even with that amount, the paramedics arrived in less than 5 minutes (again, I lost consciousness all of a sudden and JUST missed getting to the hiding place, so I was in a public place) and I was already in a coma when they got there and stopped breathing within the next few minutes.

you'd have to be in hospital and monitored by medical professionals the whole time.
@Fertile I think this ^ is solid advice. I would not want to be alone in my apartment having taken enough of a benzos to knock out my memory for a week. One could theoretically do something stupid or get in a lot of trouble (medical, legal, etc) by doing this.

I have a friend who several years ago, took a bunch of xanax with his gf at the time and they decided to drive somewhere 3 states away. No memory. When he came to, his gf the driver was in jail and he had been sleeping on the front steps of the jailhouse. The car was smashed on both sides, prolly hit concrete barricades on the highway or something. But hey, they didn't remember any of whatever happened to total the car or end up in jail so no worries, right?

If the person under torture is simply knocked out for a week - will pain wake them?
this is concerning and comes off to me like you're trying to drug someone to the point of total unconsciousness for lengthy periods of time, and want to do things to them but want to make sure they won't wake up. this isn't the dark web, and asking your questions under the guise of hypothetical and 'just wondering' pretexts doesn't make you less guilty.

I don't know what to make of this thread. It's more of a pharmacology question as you want us to try and figure out if you can drug someone with a specific benzo/sedative and will they stay asleep even if bad pain is induced.

It's a question for an Anesthesiologist as they sedate/knock out surgery patients and know which drugs and how much of said drugs will keep people asleep for the duration of the surgery. It's not a subject that should be discussed by lay people as we have no clue.

Unless someone had access to hospital vials of strong hypnotics/sedatives and IV'ed the person with said drugs it's the only way to keep someone unconscious. And then unless they were a medical professional they would just kill the person as they would have no clue how to dose said drugs.

I'll leave this here for the time being and see where it goes. May move it to pharmacology.

I'm glad you cam around!

now its starting to come off that you are either a terrorist or someone who thinks its possible they may undergo interrogation accompanied by torture for lengthy periods of time. LOL

now its starting to come off that you are either a terrorist or someone who thinks its possible they may undergo interrogation accompanied by torture for lengthy periods of time. LOL
LOl. Yeah, but the whole idea of torture under interrogation is to make the subject FEEL the pain. If I am the torturer they aren't gonna get any benzos...and if I am the one being tortured I will probably have left my stash at home so no help there.