Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Better Call Saul

Jonathan Banks acting at the end of last night's episode was Emmy-worthy.

Yep best episode this season by far. Finally get to learn more about Mike and his mysterious past. He was one of my favorite characters in Breaking Bad and is definitely my favorite character in Better Call Saul at least so far. Jimmy's brother Chuck is a unique character as well with his electromagnetic hypersensitivity. Best new show by a long shot. A real gem.

Last edited:
I like the characters in BCS far more than Breaking Bad. Although BB was entertaining, I never felt it a ground breaking experience that some fans did. I find it insulting to compare it to shows such as The Sapranos, True Detective or even Mad Men.

I love Jimmy, and he and Mike are interesting because you know where they eventually head. By the end of BB I was wishing that Walt would hurry up and die of cancer. Ditto his wife and retard son. If Jessie was a real life person I would bitch slap his whiny face in a heart beat.

I'm hoping that more of the criminal element starts to infiltrate BCS, but for know it is definitely the first show I'll watch at the beginning of the week.

I watched 20 mins of the first episode.

Doesn't compare to breaking bad and I just dont have it in me to force my way through it,

Rather watch breaking bad repeatedly.

You have quite a skill my friend. I wish I could judge and entire series based on the first 20 minutes, my life would be much easier.

Just saw the latest episode about mike. HOLY SHIT!! That was awesome. Jonathan Banks is such a great actor.

Did anyone watch the Mafia show "Wiseguy" in the 80's? If you haven't and you are a fan Jonathan Banks, check it out.. it's on DVD i believe. (it also has kevin spacey in it).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092484/

It's basically the show that all modern cop shows and mafia shows are based on.

I've seen up to the part of him finding the fam and money in the tent
Hope it get's good then I bet they'll be lining up some awesome cameos

I can't see any of the big names doing it unless it get's real good
They should do something that includes Jesse, I mean he is the one that originally suggests the criminal attorney

If Jonathan Banks doesn't win Best Supporting Actor for that episode I will cut Bill's dick off in protest.

Jonathan Banks acting at the end of last night's episode was Emmy-worthy.

I came here to see if anyone else had the same thoughts. +1.

I enjoyed that whole episode more then the ones with Saul as the focus, but Jonathan Banks acting at the end was simply phenomenal.

Tonight's episode was really entertaining I found Bob Odenkirk's acting to be quite good. Sad that there are only three episodes left this season :(

last night was pretty disappointing--just an overly long set-up for next season I guess.

last night was pretty disappointing--just an overly long set-up for next season I guess.

The whole season has felt like a long set-up. A bit anti-climactic considering it was the season finale; was expecting 'Saul' to finally make an official appearance.

Here's to hoping the going gets good in Season Two. :\

Well I guess I am the odd man out. I really enjoyed the entire season. I agree it may have seen a bit drawn out in some parts and perhaps the finale was a bit underwhelming...but I am really looking forward to next season :) I feel a lot more emotionally attached to the characters already then I ever did in Breaking Bad. It was sad to see Slipping Jimmy try his hardest to make a turn around only to inevitably get shot down by his own mentally unstable brother, the man he took care of every single day because he felt that he owed it to him.

I felt sad when Marco died and he wasn't even one of the main characters throughout the show even though the relationship between Jimmy and his friend proves to be very meaningful and influential in Jimmy's ultimate decision to go corrupt. Can't wait to see what happens next.

^It was only the final episode that had me disappointed. Otherwise I am loving it. :)

I have not heard of this… will check it out. Is it on Netflix?

No, it's on AMC.

I loved this series. And I never watched breaking bad (was too triggering).

The last episode was subtle but complex. Loved it.

To me, the ending of this series seemed a little blunt. One of the last lines in the series,
When saul says something to the effect of "I know what made me return [the money,] and I am never letting that stop me again. And it also seems like he was offered a really good deal which he turned down. I dont quite understand why that wouldnt have been enough financial motivation to stay on the straight and narrow, since for most of the series it seems like that is what adult Jimmy wanted, but just continually found that path too frustrating and non rewarding
It almost seems like they decided that Saul was more fun to watch, so screw this slow character development in season 2 he is going to be Saul.
Also, it seems like
his friends death had a big effect on him, but it was a little frustrating that he seemed to process this primarily internally. This is not exactly unrealistic, but the first season seemed to be designed to tell the story of how he became Saul, so having one major event push him over without a lot of explanation feels like.... a little bit of a cop out?]

I'm glad others enjoyed the show and the finale more than I did, however, and if anyone wants to point out to be the subtlety I am missing, I would sincerely like to be educated.

Finally finished the first season last night. Absolutely loved it. As for it being slow, I didn't really think it was. I thought it did a good job of setting up the second season and I tend to weigh a shows worth after it's completely over, once I can watch all of the seasons back to back.

For some reason I teared up when his friend died, which almost never happens to me.