• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Bicycles!

Kenickie

Bluelight Crew
I know there are some bicycle heads here....

random pictures of bicycles:

l_1aa64ded6524460c9c3739f789667f1d.jpg

old motobecane i used to rock

jasbike.jpg

new orleans cadillac bike

CIMG0085.jpg

bike i rocked in portland (smaller one)

l_2a692862b92a5ea303ffd0f8a1de5d76.jpg

bikes made from scrap in Denver (can you believe that's a junkie apartment?? 8o)

anyways, show some bike love..i know it's there. i've always dreamed of one of these of my own:

l_610d7edb783c782a24579a99ff17c7b9.jpg

nola roommate and her awesome bike

i'm also really big into alternative bicycle events...The Cycle Jerks have/had awesome PBR pick up games in Denver...I went on a couple sick group rides in Portland in the middle of the night...I'm trying to hunt down something similar in Atlanta, I know it exists, having Athens in such close proximity...

I bought one of these back in 1967 , only in black, cost then $120.oo . As i got older I gave it to my nephew who lived in a shitty apartment in New York where it was stolen . :(
67%20cg%20ramshorn%20original.JPG

Locked myself up to a tallbike the other day that had a freewheel and no brakes.

There was a bumper sticker on the top tube that said "I don't give a fuck". Seemed appropriate.

Locked myself up to a tallbike the other day that had a freewheel and no brakes.

There was a bumper sticker on the top tube that said "I don't give a fuck". Seemed appropriate.

you should have left a note that said

Kenickie wants her bike to fuck your bike

next time, man

I've got a GT Avalanche mountain bike, have done a few mountain bike events and amateur triathlons with it, plus a lot of trail riding. It's a fantastic bike, never had any problems with it, and I'd definitely go with GT again.

My boyfriend has a Mongoose Elite mountain bike and it's also a good bike, although he's had a few problems with the rear derailleur from day one so it loses points for that.

that is so funny n3ophy7e. i have a GT Avalanche, and my girlfriend has a Mongoose Elite. haha. i feel the same way too. my GT is like my Honda Civic. completely reliable. a little heavy but i dont care too much. for the price I paid for it, it was definitely worth buying.

gt1.jpg

okay so i have a question for the cyclists. im actually having trouble changing gears on the large cog up front. i can go from 1 to 2 just fine, but when i switch from 2 to 3, the chain doesn't go all the way up and it locks up. i need to take it in, but maybe someone might have any insight as to why this happens and if i can fix it on my own. ive already taken it for a tune up.

i gotta ask. Kenickie, how in the WORLD does your roomie get on that bike? seems like she'd need a ladder or step-stool or something. :)

i gotta ask. Kenickie, how in the WORLD does your roomie get on that bike? seems like she'd need a ladder or step-stool or something. :)

when she taught me to ride it we got on by standing on a car and gripping the stop sign.

Last edited:
bad boy .. there should be 2 screws on your front derailer .. try adjusting them a half turn @ a time then peddel and switch gears .. same goes for the back derailer .. just little changes and try it out ... that would be my best guess... unless something is bent ??? but try adjusting the derailers... front 1st then tweak the back.. sound like the front derailer is out of adjustment .... half turn one way and see witch way the front derailer goes then try the other screw.. derailer might be getting stuck half way through the gear change causing it to be locked up... let me know if that helps .. fyi drunk thinking .. but thats how id work on my rig.. good luck yo.. and i should add .. adjust one screw @ a time and try it out

Last edited:
awesome thread! ive reallly gotten into biking since i moved to the high desert of arizona (almost perfect weather everyday). dont have any pics but i have a decent mountain bike with the smallest road tires that would fit on the frames. not bad but nothing like a road bike as far as effort and speed goes, plus i have to keep the tire pressure fairly low cause of repeated popped tires.

been riding around 30 miles a day recently getting ready for a two week bike touring trip in early september :D

okay so i have a question for the cyclists. im actually having trouble changing gears on the large cog up front. i can go from 1 to 2 just fine, but when i switch from 2 to 3, the chain doesn't go all the way up and it locks up. i need to take it in, but maybe someone might have any insight as to why this happens and if i can fix it on my own. ive already taken it for a tune up.

Definitely try what Specktrail said (thank you Specktrail!), but anecdotally, as I mentioned earlier my boyfriend has had a lot of problems with the rear derailleur on his Mongoose doing the same thing. On one mountain bike event we did, his chain locked up and actually broke! We had to run our bikes the rest of the way to the finish line (about 5km) so that we didn't finish late and get points deducted :D

Good times.

But at the campsite that night (it was a 2 day event) one of my dad's mates (my parents and their cycling buddies do these events with us) fixed the chain. He had to remove the two damaged links though, obviously making the chain a bit shorter. Since then my boyfriend hasn't had nearly as many jams with the rear derailleur. Coincidence??