• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction blue dots after injecting

pirate.swimz

Greenlighter
I have been an iv user for several years now. I have four or five blue dots that are permanent in places where I injected years ago. they look almost like they were tattooed on me. Does anyone know what caused this?

I have been an iv user for several years now. I have four or five blue dots that are permanent in places where I injected years ago. they look almost like they were tattooed on me. Does anyone know what caused this?
I use to get them when I first started shooting , if a rig was clogged a little I’d put the lighter to needle and blow air thru them ,the black dots were from when I didn’t wipe the soot off the needle before using it,you can clean them out if you carve them up a little with a razor blade,seriously..

^ I bet you nailed it.. carbon tattoo… that’s exactly what I was thinking.

New rig every time

Literally logged in for the first time in a decade at least to comment lol.

I've noticed with the Easytouch rigs the bags blue ink runs off on skin when wet, and if it's on your fingers when you ball up a cotton you can draw it up and tattoo yourself inadvertently so to speak.
I put this together after me and my girl both ended up with one or two blue spots on our arms, and in over a decade of IVing never had it happen before. Soot/carbon could do similar as noted above.

To add I've noticed that hitting the same spot repeatedly can leave a grayish blue scar or track mark that takes a bit of time to fade as well.