Bluelight not showing up in Google results anymore

Quere

Bluelighter
I've used Bluelight as an information resource for my entire drug using career and im sure things i learned here saved my life and by extension the lives of friends. Often I would search 'bluelight' and 'X' x being whatever drug I was researching.

I'm not sure when it happened but at some point bluelight results stopped showing up in my Google searches! I actually thought maybe bluelight had shut down.

But after changing my search engine to duck duck go I can see bluelight results again.

I just wanted to make the staff aware of this as Google is the most common search engine it is a big problem not showing up in Google results (in terms of getting harm reduction info out to as many people as possible).

I noticed that as well. About the only thing that that comes up is for addiction treatment and the other BS.

Thanks Quere. Google started doing this for a while in 2017, then fully implemented the changes in 2018, placing Reddit and Quora (lol) as their go-to sites for drug queries, and ignoring most of the old traditional drugs forums. The changes have been pretty widely discussed all over the internet, but to understand their motives, you'd need to ask Google (and, obviously, don't expect an answer ;) ).

I noticed that as well. About the only thing that that comes up is for addiction treatment and the other BS.
Yeah I noticed that as well. You see a lot of so and so recovery house.com with blatantly heavily biased information

Thanks Quere. Google started doing this for a while in 2017, then fully implemented the changes in 2018, placing Reddit and Quora (lol) as their go-to sites for drug queries, and ignoring most of the old traditional drugs forums. The changes have been pretty widely discussed all over the internet, but to understand their motives, you'd need to ask Google (and, obviously, don't expect an answer ;) ).
Man this is so stupid, I can't help but think they have done it to try and railroad the harm reduction community, especially when a lot of what does come up in results are websites for abstinence/12 step based treatment centres. It's really unfortunate and I sincerely believe it will/has contributed to people being killed.

Well at least for now I know I can use duckduckgo. But I definitely dislike Google a lot more than I used to.

Thanks for the responses CFC and snake eyes!

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
One possibility is that some of the higher ups at Google would like to actively do something against harm reduction oriented websites.
Another is that they want to distance themselves from harm reduction websites so that they can't be involved in situations where someone dies/gets hurt because of using drugs, directly or indirectly, and someone finds a Google search regarding drugs in his phone, and then they get a share of the blame.

It's really too bad because if it weren't for my google searches bringing me mainly to bluelight I'd probably be dead from mixing opioids and benzos/alcohol or just from too high of a dose.

It's really too bad because if it weren't for my google searches bringing me mainly to bluelight I'd probably be dead from mixing opioids and benzos/alcohol or just from too high of a dose.
I know man it's the same for me ? it makes me really sad to think kids who are just like I was at their age might not have the benefit of bluelight and other HR sites and could accidentally kill or injure themselves because of it.

Last edited:
Im a new member to bluelight at 25 years old but have been using it for drug info since I was 15 years old. Previously, when I typed in something about drugs on a mobile device, I would see a whole lot of threads from Bluelught, drugs-forum, and even reddit right at the beginning of the page with options like "see more from bluelight" if I wanted to see even more thread suggestions. Now every time I type in a question about drugs on Google I get bombarded by Rehab website after Rehab website along with anti-drug websites spreading misinformation. Even if I type something and then type "Bluelight" at the end of the search bar (e.g. "How much morphine is in Opium bluelight") I still hardly see Bluelight suggestions in the search page and if I do its only like 1 or 2 threads (and half of the time they are somewhat off topic). Its even gotten to the point where reddit suggestions hardly pop up. What the Hell happened?

Last edited:
Google has gone to hell, I've noticed the censorship ramping up in a big way the last couple of years. Make sure you aren't using your ISP standard DNS servers for your internet connection, some privacy upgrades for your browser would help too

Google has gone to hell, I've noticed the censorship ramping up in a big way the last couple of years. Make sure you aren't using your ISP standard DNS servers for your internet connection, some privacy upgrades for your browser would help too
+1
AA.jpg

It's ridiculous but it certainly seems Google has opted to emphasise certain sites over others. You're more likely to find a Reddit thread than a bluelight one when searching.

But we can see crawlers from most major search engines here including Google so it's being indexed in some way. And there does seem to have been an improvement since we changed software...

It's a shame that Google have monopolized how information is shared and that their ideology is effecting what people can easily know about the world. At least they dropped the 'don't be evil' nonsense...

I googled "baclofen bluelight " and had to go through a page of rehab clinics, Google shouldn't hide harm reduction but promote rehab. Not everyone is ready for rehab and important harm reduction advice should NOT be hidden

I googled "baclofen bluelight " and had to go through a page of rehab clinics, Google shouldn't hide harm reduction but promote rehab. Not everyone is ready for rehab and important harm reduction advice should NOT be hidden
That seems on par with a Google search from me. Agree 100%