• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids BROKEN NEEDLE IN SKIN

Man I haven’t seen it since. Hasn’t bothered me or hurt…I’m ok now right?

Are you sure it actually broke off and stayed in your wrist? Did it break while you were in the vein? How deep were you going?

there's no way you wouldn't know if you had a fucking needle inside you lol I've never shoot up but I have worked with mental and have gotten metal splinters and those hurt like a MF can't see this being any different

Just because you can’t feel it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. I’ve had to keep IV’s in for days at certain points, and besides sometimes slight agitation at the skin I didn’t feel it all that much. To prevent poking me so many times I’d go home with the IV in.

Please go in!!

-GC

yeah if you definitely broke it off inside, you definitely need to go to get medical help. You can probably go to urgent care, it's cheaper than an ER visit by a lot, and generally less intense and unpleasant of an experience, too. That needle can cause damage, and also is quite likely to lead to an infection/abscess. Worst case scenario, you could die or lose your arm. It's not at all worth the risk, go in.

yeah if you definitely broke it off inside, you definitely need to go to get medical help. You can probably go to urgent care, it's cheaper than an ER visit by a lot, and generally less intense and unpleasant of an experience, too. That needle can cause damage, and also is quite likely to lead to an infection/abscess. Worst case scenario, you could die or lose your arm. It's not at all worth the risk, go in.

This is a good reminder everyone should remember, if in the US.. Urgent care over ER! You’ll get better treatment at a fraction of the cost.

-GC

How are they going to find it ! Will it even show up on an x ray ? I would think but how do you know where to x ray ?

Could it travel through the bloodstream into the heart, that's the first thing that I thought of ?

Is it like an air bubble that travels through the blood stream ?

(Hopefully, it just fell onto the floor or something and appears differently).

Great harm reduction lesson in My Book!!

How are they going to find it ! Will it even show up on an x ray ? I would think but how do you know where to x ray ?

Could it travel through the bloodstream into the heart, that's the first thing that I thought of ?

Yes an X-ray will definitely be able to find it.

Definitely show up on an x-ray its metal, but it would be very small. I don't know how he doesn't feel it inside him. Magnet would find it? put him in an MRI and have it rip itself out of him LOL

Urgent Care is so helpful. I am so glad that they are around.
The ER just tries to save your life when they can.

Please be careful with needles. Or try to avoid them.
this is why you shouldn't shoot drugs, especially ones you haven't made yourself or had tested yourself. I can't imagine what impurities are being shoot into yourself. Sometimes the liver turns those drugs into even more toxic compounds then they were originally.

Just because you can’t feel it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. I’ve had to keep IV’s in for days at certain points, and besides sometimes slight agitation at the skin I didn’t feel it all that much. To prevent poking me so many times I’d go home with the IV in.

Please go in!!

-GC
I say go to the hosptial with out a doubt........ I just figured you would feel it

I’ve had this happen to me I never went to the hospital the metal tip has been in my arm for 7-8 years lmao. It didn’t bother or hurt me but when I broke it and saw it slide into my arm, I fucking freaked out when it happened. I took tweezers and started digging into my arm like it’s the horror movie Saw… my brother walked by my room and the look on his face when he saw this maniac with blood soaked arm digging into it ferociously… point being I felt fine but I’m not you, I just poked the spot in my arm I feel it still it’s flat I wonder if it’ll rust in my body loool

It's stainless surgical steel, plus even non-stainless steel needs air to oxidize and form rust, so no, it won't rust in you.

You're lucky though... that could easily lead to a bad infection.

Anybody ever look at the post- mortem pictures of Howard Hughes? After he lost his aeronautical empire he went downhill pretty fast and started shooting all kinds of stuff. He had either 17 or 19 needles in his body when they x-rayed him after he died. The pathologist said some of them had been in there for years.