• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Bupe high after fentanyl detox

ahau97

Greenlighter
Hi all! First time poster but long time fan.

Okay so I entered detox for Fentanyl 12 days ago (the 8th), and got released 3 days later on the 11th, with my prescription for 2 8mg Sublingual Bupe tabs per day. The last time I used Fent was last sunday (the 13th), and I haven’t snorted any of my bupe since Friday, 2 days ago (the 18th). The last two days I haven’t had any withdrawals at all and feel very evened out. No chills or cold sweats, nausea, any of it, so i’m fairly certain that I’ve successfully detoxed but I still have 10 8mg pills left and would like to use them but I don’t want to waste them by snorting them and not feeling anything. Like I said it’s been two days since i’ve done anything and I don’t have any symptoms from withdrawal at all. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

We are not suppose to help people get high.

Your thread will probably get removed by somebody.
But my advice would be to not take such high doses of buprenorphine. You will just constantly be at the ceiling level & your receptors will be saturated & barely activated. Taking more won't do anything. Bupe takes a very, very, VERY long time to come out of your system too. So your doses build up over a few days.
So if you're trying to feel anything from bupe, you're going to have to stop using it for awhile & lower your tolerance. Then just stick to low doses at a time, like .5mg
If you don't plan to stay on bupe, then you should use the rest to taper, because bupe also has withdrawals & they are very long lasting. Milder, but still long lasting.

You're also kinda playing with fire. I mean if you just went through detox & you come out & are looking for ways to get high already, then why did you even go through detox?
The high bupe offers is so mild, that you'll probably just end up craving a stronger opioid anyway & then you'll be right back where you started.

Bupe can hold an addict for days. I'm sure withdrawal will come if you keep waiting.

This the correct answer. You’re still riding off the Bupe you took two days ago, eventually withdrawal will come. And if it doesn’t, thank your lucky stars and throw the rest out cuz trying to use more is playing with fire.

I’d give it time and save them to do a “rapid taper” of sorts. Basically use what you have and taper down on it as best you can, once finished your withdrawal will likely be minimal but the PAWS will get you if your not careful.

-GC