• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can Pregabalin help you quit benzos? + Black seed oil and more benzo taper aid/questions.

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
So, I successfully stopped taking Xanax and now take 10mg Valium daily. I was thinking about going down to ¾ of a pill for about 2-4 weeks and the same for ½ of a pill and then again for ¼ of a pill. Then I was to go on Pregabalin for about those first 3-6 days whilst I'm not on any benzos to help ease me into not taking any and then stop.

I know how addictive Pregabalin can be, so I wouldn't take it for very long, certainly no longer than daily for a week. It would be 3 days minimum, 7 days max. However, I'd say it'd be likely to be 5-6 days.

I have black seed oil also. Would using black seed oil alongside the Valium help as well as taking it after or before (or whenever really)? I've heard it helps but I don't know the details (when taking it in orientation to the Valium is helpful.)

Are there any other substances that could help? I know there's grapefruit juice and grapefruits, but it's/they're impossible to get ahold of in the UK atm due to Brexit. Is there such a product, supplement or alternative etc that contains whatever grapefruit has in it that's good for benzo tapering/potenitation? Like, I imagine there's something specific in grapefruit that's good for benzo potentiation/withdrawal (well, obviously there is.) What is it called though/what is this ingredient? Can it be found anywhere else? Can the chemical/ingredient be straight up bought on its own (doubt it)? If anything, I imagine my first theory was closest. If anything else will have whatever it is that grapefruit has in it that I want, it'll be supplements.

Also, I know tonic water potenitates opiates due to quinine. Does tonic water (quinine) also help with benzo potenitation/withdrawals? I'm only asking this because grapfruite juice potenitates opiates so I figured I'd ask as there common ground lol.

But yeah, anybody with any experience with this matter pls give me your input; I'd appreciate it a lot! Or, if you know anything that works similar or better than black seed oil/anything mentioned here for coming off benzos, please let me know! The biggest thing I am scared of is having a seizure. I've come off benzos a few times now but every time I've ended up at hospital ☠️ I wasn't super careful those times though and I went cold turkey. Last thing, is there anything I could take as an anti-convulsant whilst tapering off benzos that are easy to get and don't need a prescription for? Bare in mind I'm in the UK and many things available OTC in the UK are not over here.

If anyone read this far, thanks👍

(Sorry if I repeat myself or this has any typos doesn't make sense at parts, it's 2:51am and I haven't slept in 3 days.)

Pregabalin will absolutely help get you off benzos. It will help sooth your over active central nervous system.

Don't bother with grapefruit or quinine, their effects are not noticeable IME. The good stuff that truly potentiates our favourite drugs would be potent MAO inhibitors which are obviously prescription only

Honestly Pregabalin is such a good all around med it should be all you really need at this point

I used pregabalin to successfully quit benzos, it really works like a miracle. It is addictive in itself, but I found it really easy to taper, i.e. I would be taking 900mg , then cut down to 600mg without noticing any bad effects and so on till I could drop off at around 50mg or so.

4 days late to your question now, but I've come off (then gone back on) benzos loads of times using pregab towards the very end when the true madness starts to settle into your sleep and daily thoughts etc. Don't start at 900mg though Jesus that's much too too high if you've not been taking Gabapentinoids at all (unless Morfiend1 was referring to Gabapentin, (300mg Gabapentin = 50mg pregab) Id say go 200mg pregab morning and 200mg pregab evening, then taper that down over a week 3 days before your valium taper's finished. That's exactly how I've done it it at least 6 or 7 times. And after about a month I start to feel just slightly better about a few things, which is precisely why I go back on the benzos again. Anyway, I wish you all the the best with it. Yes, Pregab helps....massively. But make sure you definitely get off that Pregab within a fortnight max. I've had to come off a full on Pregab problem before and for me it was worse than a benzo rattle and definitely as bad as coming off alcohol, the anxiety complications and overwhelming sense of doom is one of the top 3 worst ever drug withdrawal feelings I've ever had. But if you're only talking the the Pregab for a week/fortnight, it won't have had anywhere near the length of time it needs to get the GABA messages cemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 days late to your question, now but I've come off (then gone back on) benzos loads of times using pregab towards the very end when the true madness starts to settle into your sleep and daily thoughts etc. Don't start at 900mg though Jesus that's much too too high if you've not been taking Gabapentinoids at all (unless Morfiend1 was referring to Gabapentin, (300mg Gabapentin = 50mg pregab) Id say go 200mg pregab morning and 200mg pregab evening, then taper that down over a week 3 days before your valium taper's finished. That's exactly how I've done it it at least 6 or 7 times. And after about a month I start to feel just slightly better about a few things, which is precisely why I go back on the benzos again. Anyway, I wish you all the the best with it. Yes, Pregab helps....massively. But make sure you definitely get off that Pregab within a fortnight max. I've had to come off a full on Pregab problem before and for me it was worse than a benzo rattle and definitely as bad as coming off alcohol, the anxiety complications and overwhelming sense of doom is one of the top 3 worst ever drug withdrawal feelings I've ever had. But if you're only talking the the Pregab for a week/fortnight, it won't have had anywhere near the length of time it needs to get the GABA messages cemented.
Okay, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. So, if I was on 10mg valium for about 3-4 weeks and then tapered down to 5mg for 3-4 weeks, you're suggesting that for the last 3 days I am taking that 5mg of valium, I also take the Pregabalin and take it for a week (2 maximum.)

I've heard stories of how bad rattling off pregabalin is so I've always avoided taking them for longer than a few days.

Or, would you even suggest I take 2.5mg valium for a couple of weeks after the 5mg and then go onto the taper whilst using pregabs on my last 3 days of valium? Or do you think 5mg is a reasonable dose? I just want to avoid any seizures really so yeah.

Also, you mentioned how you always go back to Xanax after stopping. I suggest looking into black seed oil. I've seen stories surrounding how they've helped repair people's GABA function in their brain after benzo abuse.

Okay, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. So, if I was on 10mg valium for about 3-4 weeks and then tapered down to 5mg for 3-4 weeks, you're suggesting that for the last 3 days I am taking that 5mg of valium, I also take the Pregabalin and take it for a week (2 maximum.)

I've heard stories of how bad rattling off pregabalin is so I've always avoided taking them for longer than a few days.

Or, would you even suggest I take 2.5mg valium for a couple of weeks after the 5mg and then go onto the taper whilst using pregabs on my last 3 days of valium? Or do you think 5mg is a reasonable dose? I just want to avoid any seizures really so yeah.

Also, you mentioned how you always go back to Xanax after stopping. I suggest looking into black seed oil. I've seen stories surrounding how they've helped repair people's GABA function in their brain after benzo abuse.
I want to start by just clearing that I'm not a doctor or a therapist or staff in any form of medical association whatsoever, so if you're really unsure and want to hear it from professionals to relieve any doubts you may have of some random bloke on the internet offering help, you should see one of them.

All those horror stories about pregab you mentioned are true and it's for the majority of people one of the worst meds in existence to come off of, because the overwhelming enormity of the anxiety you are left with is close to impossible to live with, this then results in a host of other substance abuse problems. Some people are prescribed pregab for Generalised Anxiety Disorder (It's also prescribed off label as a neuropathic painkiller) but some of those people with GAD dislike the drunk zombie feeling so much they feel that actually the anxiety they had before wasn't as bad as the adverse effects of the pregab. They then taper off it in all sorts of ways and some taper it over years, and I personally support that because even a 10mg change from a 300mg taper (for those who've been on it for years) can make you feel like hiding under the bed, but the worst is yet to come. When you get to the last part of such a pregab taper and there are only fragments left of it in your body...and then none at all, I'm telling you if you've never felt madness before, then this is it, you won't believe (again I'm talking about for those who've been on it for years) the symptoms that arrive. So the result of course is that all of these people end up with much much worse anxiety than when they first sat down with the doctor to talk about Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and some say this newer stronger anxiety never leaves, much like the effects of what an aggressive chemotherapy course can do to your immune system (like mine)....a lot of people's never rebuild fully or return to how they were before the chemo, that's basically what can happen with the anxiety that's produced from stopping Pregabalin, it becomes not only worse but chronic. The reason I'm saying all this is because yes I am totally recommending pregabalin to be used over lets say 14 days to help the atrocious effects of coming off of benzos and I don't want you to end up taking Pregab all the time after...which could and does happen very easily so please please be very careful. I've been on it 3 and a half years, I reduced it to nothing once and I've already told you what happens, it's horrendous.

So, if you can get it down to 2.5mg of Valium for another fortnight yes that's obviously great, so I would say:

1 x 150mg preagbalin in the morning and 1 x 150mg pregabalin in the evening on the first of the last 5 days of the valium taper, and if you can break the valiums even smaller for those last 5 days that would be good too. You now need to work out how to get the 300mg per day of pregabalin down to zero in 14 days. Me personally, I would continue with the dosing I mentioned above (1 x 150mg am 1 x 150mg pm) for all of those last 5 days of the valium taper. Yes, valium has a long half-life but believe me in those last few days you feel it. Ok, so now we're on day 6 with 0 diazepam and a new regime of 300mg of pregabalin per day, most professional recommendations say you shouldn't roughly reduce by more than 10% of your current dose. But you've not been taking it months or years so you can adjust this to taste.

I'd go like this:

Day 1 of no Valium: 150mg pregab am and 150mg pm (Day 6 of Pregab)
Day 2 of no Valium : "" "" (Day 7 of Pregab)
Day 3 of no Valium : "" 100mg pm (Day 8 of Pregab)
Day 4 of no valium : 100mg pregab am 100mg pm (Day 9 of Pregab)
Day 5 of no valium : 100mg pregab am 50mg pm (Day 10 of Pregab)
Day 6 of no valium : 50mg pregab am 50mg pm (Day 11 of Pregab)
Day 7 of no valium : 50mg pregab am 25mg pm (Day 12 of Pregab)
Day 8 of no valium : 25mg pregab am 25mg pm (Day 12 of Pregab)
Day 9 of no valium : 25mg pregab am 0mg pm (Day 13 of Pregab)
Day 10 of no valium : 0mg pregab am 0mg pm (Day 14 of Pregab)

All I'm saying is that this has worked for me on multiple occasions, this does not in any way mean it is the best, it's relative and subjective. But from the information you've given and the experience I have with both benzos and gabapentinoids I think it's a strategy worth consideration. I don't know if I'll get in trouble for offering such specific advice in a major situation, I'm not telling you you have to do it or that any other way won't work, this is simply what worked/works for me. I really wish you the best of luck with it, there's gonna be some shit days. Feel free to continue this thread or dm me during your taper if you need someone to talk to or share what's not working or just chat with someone that's done it, many times)

Or, fuck all of the above and go to a doctor.

After I've posted it, for some reason it's changed the ways I had some of the numbers written out ffs, so it should read day 2 of no Valium is same doses of pregab as the previous day. Then day 3 of no valium is 150mg pregab am and 100mg pregab pm

If the 14 day pregab taper seems worryingly too long for you, then just do the 6 day one you had in mind, 250, 200,150,100, 50, 25 starting on the last day of the valium taper or the first day of no valium...it may work just as well for you. For me personally that doesn't cushion the blow anywhere near enough, but obviously that doesn't mean the 6 day version won't work for you.

If the 14 day pregab taper seems worryingly too long for you, then just do the 6 day one you had in mind, 250, 200,150,100, 50, 25 starting on the last day of the valium taper or the first day of no valium...it may work just as well for you. For me personally that doesn't cushion the blow anywhere near enough, but obviously that doesn't mean the 6 day version won't work for you.
I want to start by just clearing that I'm not a doctor or a therapist or staff in any form of medical association whatsoever, so if you're really unsure and want to hear it from professionals to relieve any doubts you may have of some random bloke on the internet offering help, you should see one of them.

All those horror stories about pregab you mentioned are true and it's for the majority of people one of the worst meds in existence to come off of, because the overwhelming enormity of the anxiety you are left with is close to impossible to live with, this then results in a host of other substance abuse problems. Some people are prescribed pregab for Generalised Anxiety Disorder (It's also prescribed off label as a neuropathic painkiller) but some of those people with GAD dislike the drunk zombie feeling so much they feel that actually the anxiety they had before wasn't as bad as the adverse effects of the pregab. They then taper off it in all sorts of ways and some taper it over years, and I personally support that because even a 10mg change from a 300mg taper (for those who've been on it for years) can make you feel like hiding under the bed, but the worst is yet to come. When you get to the last part of such a pregab taper and there are only fragments left of it in your body...and then none at all, I'm telling you if you've never felt madness before, then this is it, you won't believe (again I'm talking about for those who've been on it for years) the symptoms that arrive. So the result of course is that all of these people end up with much much worse anxiety than when they first sat down with the doctor to talk about Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and some say this newer stronger anxiety never leaves, much like the effects of what an aggressive chemotherapy course can do to your immune system (like mine)....a lot of people's never rebuild fully or return to how they were before the chemo, that's basically what can happen with the anxiety that's produced from stopping Pregabalin, it becomes not only worse but chronic. The reason I'm saying all this is because yes I am totally recommending pregabalin to be used over lets say 14 days to help the atrocious effects of coming off of benzos and I don't want you to end up taking Pregab all the time after...which could and does happen very easily so please please be very careful. I've been on it 3 and a half years, I reduced it to nothing once and I've already told you what happens, it's horrendous.

So, if you can get it down to 2.5mg of Valium for another fortnight yes that's obviously great, so I would say:

1 x 150mg preagbalin in the morning and 1 x 150mg pregabalin in the evening on the first of the last 5 days of the valium taper, and if you can break the valiums even smaller for those last 5 days that would be good too. You now need to work out how to get the 300mg per day of pregabalin down to zero in 14 days. Me personally, I would continue with the dosing I mentioned above (1 x 150mg am 1 x 150mg pm) for all of those last 5 days of the valium taper. Yes, valium has a long half-life but believe me in those last few days you feel it. Ok, so now we're on day 6 with 0 diazepam and a new regime of 300mg of pregabalin per day, most professional recommendations say you shouldn't roughly reduce by more than 10% of your current dose. But you've not been taking it months or years so you can adjust this to taste.

I'd go like this:

Day 1 of no Valium: 150mg pregab am and 150mg pm (Day 6 of Pregab)
Day 2 of no Valium : "" "" (Day 7 of Pregab)
Day 3 of no Valium : "" 100mg pm (Day 8 of Pregab)
Day 4 of no valium : 100mg pregab am 100mg pm (Day 9 of Pregab)
Day 5 of no valium : 100mg pregab am 50mg pm (Day 10 of Pregab)
Day 6 of no valium : 50mg pregab am 50mg pm (Day 11 of Pregab)
Day 7 of no valium : 50mg pregab am 25mg pm (Day 12 of Pregab)
Day 8 of no valium : 25mg pregab am 25mg pm (Day 12 of Pregab)
Day 9 of no valium : 25mg pregab am 0mg pm (Day 13 of Pregab)
Day 10 of no valium : 0mg pregab am 0mg pm (Day 14 of Pregab)

All I'm saying is that this has worked for me on multiple occasions, this does not in any way mean it is the best, it's relative and subjective. But from the information you've given and the experience I have with both benzos and gabapentinoids I think it's a strategy worth consideration. I don't know if I'll get in trouble for offering such specific advice in a major situation, I'm not telling you you have to do it or that any other way won't work, this is simply what worked/works for me. I really wish you the best of luck with it, there's gonna be some shit days. Feel free to continue this thread or dm me during your taper if you need someone to talk to or share what's not working or just chat with someone that's done it, many times)

Or, fuck all of the above and go to a doctor.
Thanks dude, I appreciate all the info. I've come off benzos before but I came off a high dose of Xanax and had seizures (done it multiple times.) I just want to avoid that. Want to slowly come off Xanax onto just valium and taper like I said. I've tapered onto Valium from Xanax before and I've found it pretty easy, I was on just 10mg of Valium per day not so long ago but something came up and I went back to Xanax but this time I'm serious. I'll use the method you mentioned but probably only for 4-6 days as I don't want to experience pregab withdrawals. It's one thing I've managed to never get addicted to and I do not want to get addicted to them. If some bad anxiety from not having the PGs comes along as a result then it's fine as long as I don't have a seizure.

I guess it's a bonus having never been dependent on them before because whenever you've been addicted to something once, your body soon gets addicted to it much easier if you take them again. Either way, I want to play it safe; like I've said.

I think I'll be able to cope tapering down to 5mg valium, 2.5 may be a struggle but if I can keep it up for a week then I should be good for the pregab taper. Even 5mg should avoid me having seizures. I'll just take it slowly. I'll probably stay on 10mg of Valium a day for a month before I taper down to 5mg and then do a month on 5 mg. Then I'll give 2.5mg a go and see how I get on with it and if I can cope I'll do that for a month and then use the PGs for a few days or maybe even taper to less than 2.5mg (you can use the method with water where you decrease your dose by a very tiny amount every week by diluting the pills.)

I just want to be avoiding having a seizure like I said and if I don't take the PGs for more than a week maximum and I slowly taper using Valium then I imagine I'll be fine. When I did have seizures I went cold turkey on like 10-20mg+ of Xanax per day so no wonder☠️ I don't think I am prone to them, it's just the doses I was using at the time that I came off. I've had PGs before for no longer than 3-4 days in a row and I've never found them addictive personally which is also good.

But yeah, I understand you're not a medical professional but if it worked for you and you've done it multiple times like you've said then I'll give it a go...it's definitely better than staying on Xanax or going cold turkey.

Again, I appreciate all the input. I don't think I've had a response this helpful before so thank you🌞👍

Edit: I also have GAD funnily enough, I've considered using pregabs to help with my mental health but I just don't want to be addicted to them. Also, in the UK, you have to buy them from the dark web...it's pretty much impossible to get them prescribed. I remember asking about them and the GP said "you're making no sense, Pregabalin is for nerve pain, not anxiety." I was like "bruh, it's for both." He was insistent I was wrong and had no idea what I was talking about and I was saying "literally just Google it and you'll see?"

I've been years trying to get medication that works for me and nothing does which is what drove me to drug use. I got fully clean for like 2 years until about 6 months ago when a very toxic girl came into my life and fucked everything up. Had been so long since I'd been bothered with romance I forgot how toxic and destructive girls/women can be. Wish I never met her as I'd be on a totally different road atm, she set me back about 10 steps. I was off everything and so happy and training in the gym like crazy 6 days a week but now I'm on benzos again after spiralling out of controll due to partying due to her influence.

Sorry, that was a huge, uninteresting rant but I've not actually told anybody and it was nice to say at least haha.

Last edited:
Thanks dude, I appreciate all the info. I've come off benzos before but I came off a high dose of Xanax and had seizures (done it multiple times.) I just want to avoid that. Want to slowly come off Xanax onto just valium and taper like I said. I've tapered onto Valium from Xanax before and I've found it pretty easy, I was on just 10mg of Valium per day not so long ago but something came up and I went back to Xanax but this time I'm serious. I'll use the method you mentioned but probably only for 4-6 days as I don't want to experience pregab withdrawals. It's one thing I've managed to never get addicted to and I do not want to get addicted to them. If some bad anxiety from not having the PGs comes along as a result then it's fine as long as I don't have a seizure.

I guess it's a bonus having never been dependent on them before because whenever you've been addicted to something once, your body soon gets addicted to it much easier if you take them again. Either way, I want to play it safe; like I've said.

I think I'll be able to cope tapering down to 5mg valium, 2.5 may be a struggle but if I can keep it up for a week then I should be good for the pregab taper. Even 5mg should avoid me having seizures. I'll just take it slowly. I'll probably stay on 10mg of Valium a day for a month before I taper down to 5mg and then do a month on 5 mg. Then I'll give 2.5mg a go and see how I get on with it and if I can cope I'll do that for a month and then use the PGs for a few days or maybe even taper to less than 2.5mg (you can use the method with water where you decrease your dose by a very tiny amount every week by diluting the pills.)

I just want to be avoiding having a seizure like I said and if I don't take the PGs for more than a week maximum and I slowly taper using Valium then I imagine I'll be fine. When I did have seizures I went cold turkey on like 10-20mg+ of Xanax per day so no wonder☠️ I don't think I am prone to them, it's just the doses I was using at the time that I came off. I've had PGs before for no longer than 3-4 days in a row and I've never found them addictive personally which is also good.

But yeah, I understand you're not a medical professional but if it worked for you and you've done it multiple times like you've said then I'll give it a go...it's definitely better than staying on Xanax or going cold turkey.

Again, I appreciate all the input. I don't think I've had a response this helpful before so thank you🌞👍

Edit: I also have GAD funnily enough, I've considered using pregabs to help with my mental health but I just don't want to be addicted to them. Also, in the UK, you have to buy them from the dark web...it's pretty much impossible to get them prescribed. I remember asking about them and the GP said "you're making no sense, Pregabalin is for nerve pain, not anxiety." I was like "bruh, it's for both." He was insistent I was wrong and had no idea what I was talking about and I was saying "literally just Google it and you'll see?"

I've been years trying to get medication that works for me and nothing does which is what drove me to drug use. I got fully clean for like 2 years until about 6 months ago when a very toxic girl came into my life and fucked everything up. Had been so long since I'd been bothered with romance I forgot how toxic and destructive girls/women can be. Wish I never met her as I'd be on a totally different road atm, she set me back about 10 steps. I was off everything and so happy and training in the gym like crazy 6 days a week but now I'm on benzos again after spiralling out of controll due to partying due to her influence.

Sorry, that was a huge, uninteresting rant but I've not actually told anybody and it was nice to say at least haha.
It wasn't uninteresting to me, and what you said about your doctor is one of the many reasons people come to this forum isn't it. You seem to have been quite open in your post about personal matters so may I just ask: do you have a goal/strategy for overcoming the GAD after you've hopefully quit benzos?

it's definitely better than staying on Xanax or going cold turkey
Alcohol, Gabapentinoids and Benzos are all strictly and deadly seriously no goers with cold turkey. I did it with alcohol/benzos years ago and some guy had to put his flip flop in my mouth to stop me biting my tongue during the seizure, nice.

Alcohol, Gabapentinoids and Benzos are all strictly and deadly seriously no goers with cold turkey. I did it with alcohol/benzos years ago and some guy had to put his flip flop in my mouth to stop me biting my tongue during the seizure, nice.
I've been through cold turkey seizures multiple times, but the shit out of my tongue but at least it's still in my mouth haha😂

It wasn't uninteresting to me, and what you said about your doctor is one of the many reasons people come to this forum isn't it. You seem to have been quite open in your post about personal matters so may I just ask: do you have a goal/strategy for overcoming the GAD after you've hopefully quit benzos?

Thanks dude, your understanding demeanor is refreshing.

TL;DR:

Also, I'm afraid I don't. My GAD is weird, it's not typical GAD. Years ago I combined weed and alcohol (something I always did) and suddenly had a huge panic attack. I didn't know what it was so I legit though I was dying.

After that I realised what happened and figured I wouldn't mix them again. However, a couple/few months later I had just one beer and then a couple of hours later my friend came round with some weed. I totally forgot I had, had a beer and was careless and had a bong. I felt this sensation rise up in me and I knew what it was. The panic attack wasn't as bad as the previous one but also destroyed my life & personality due to the nature of it. It's a very rare occurrence that can happen when combining weed/alcohol.

After a few hours, the feeling of the panic attack didn't go away. I was worried but figured "I'll go to sleep and when I wake up it'll be gone." Woke up the next day....the, what you could call, "half panic attack state" was still there. Constant heightened state of hyper-anxiety that made me feel like I wasn't myself.

Close to 10 years later and that feeling is still there and I don't really know what it is, no treatment has worked. I don't even know if it actually is anxiety, I think it could be some form of depresonalisation disorder/derealisation disorder. At first it was hard to deal with, but I half got used to it. However, over the years it are away at my soul and destroyed who I was. Used to be a confident person with a bright future and this one thing messed up my whole life.

Like I said, I got clean for like two years and was doing so well but a toxic girl ruined that. I'm currently on 20mg of valium per day now and just started working out again...I aim to get to where I was about 10 months ago.

I have a diagnosis for ADHD coming up as it's something that's been massively overlooked during my life and it seems I have it quite severely and if gone unchecked it often gets worse with age.

I've been told that proper medication for ADHD can not only help with ADHD but also help with anxiety a lot too, I hope it does, even if it's just a little bit. I'm so envious if people that take anti-depressants/anxiety meds and they just work for them. My body just doesn't seem to respond to anything. I even got put on Quitiapine at one point and it did nothing, it didn't even quell my insomnia and people always say that quitiapine is meant to be this hardcore drug that knovks you out.

I divludged a bit much here, another rant, it's just late where I live and it's one of those things where your brain lets loose late on.

I've even tried microdosing mushrooms for my depression as I have that as well as my anxiety but it didn't seem to do much but my dose was very low so I'm going to give it another go.

But yeah, that's essentially my story. The worst part about the core of my mental health problem is that you can't explain it. If you haven't experienced it, it's like trying to imagine how you would move a tail if you had one; you can't. It isn't something you can put into words. I must have put thousands of hours into research to find what it could be as well as seeing so many councillors, psychiatrists and doctors. They never take me seriously, ever...no wonder so many men commit suicide.

I did meet one doctor recently that was super helpful and he's giving me hope. He's what got me my ADHD diagnosis privately funded....first GP I've met that's taken me seriously.

I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be. I recently had a miniscule relapse on smoking heroin but after about 4 days I stopped and got rid of it. Drugs just aren't on the table for me anymore. Once I'm off benzos and some of my emotions come back, I'm really going to try my best.

I just hate how I'm unemployed at 25 & living at home still. It's embarrassing and I feel a great amount of shame due to it and everybody thinks I'm just lazy. I've tried with jobs since my mental health came about but I always got sacked as I couldn't keep it together.

I've just signed up for a coding course to get into tech and imma get fully back into training. Wish me luck, haha.

I never talk like this online but I don't really have any friends due to how introverted I've become so it's nice to be able to tell someone, even if I don't know them. If you read this far then I appreciate it, thanks.

Did the preagbalin work? I'm facing benzo wd atm and I think I can get my doctor to write me some. I've heard it isn't something you want to mess around with as far as addiction so I won't have any problem there. Depsite being on on again/off again addict I have pretty good will power when I choose to exercise it.

Did the preagbalin work? I'm facing benzo wd atm and I think I can get my doctor to write me some. I've heard it isn't something you want to mess around with as far as addiction so I won't have any problem there. Depsite being on on again/off again addict I have pretty good will power when I choose to exercise it.
It works very good for withdrawal. Benzo WD is no joke so make sure to speak with your doctor about it. Please don't try going cold turkey as it can have devastating consequences.