• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can pseudoephedrine have an accumulative (delayed) effect?

outdis

Greenlighter
I hope it is ok to post this here. Something weird happened to me with pseudoephedrine.

I was once prescripted an antiflu medicine containing 120mg each 12h. The first two weeks were ok just with fast heartbeat and blood pressure and difficulty sleeping. But in a matter of one day at the beginning of the third week, my behavior changed. I got sexually VERY aroused and cognitively very attentive and with easiness to remember my own chain of thoughts and details of things happening around me. Paradoxically, I started sleeping much much better, even better than before taking the medicine (I've got insomnia since high school so I really felt the improvement). It was really sudden after two weeks of taking the medicine and lasted for some weeks after I gave up the medicine and fading slowly.

I didn't know anything at that moment about pseudoephedrine and I was for almost one year after that wondering what the hell had happened, before I knew about the drug and its effects so it wasn't self-suggestion.

I'm not a researcher and I've tried to look in the literature about an accumulative, delayed or persistent effect of pseudoephedrine, but what I've found points always in the opposite direction.

So, having explained why I'm interested in it, the question of this post is about the behavior of pseudoephedrine: Does anyone know about an effect for pseudoephedrine like this? are its effects always only immediate? has anyone any experience with it? In case there is no easy answer: is there any good reference book about the effects and dynamics of pseudoephedrine in the human body that I may consult? Something writing together what is known about it and not only the most usual behavior.

Thank you!

Really fascinating post. It definitely has a cumulative effect since I took it unwillingly for complications arising from a bone graft for an implant which caused severe sinus problems that persisted for a year afterwards however for me it was all downhill, nervousness agitation irritability insomnia.... I didn't get any of the good effects that you paradoxically enjoy from pseudoephedrine which makes you a very unique person. Be careful it doesn't backfire on you.

And find a partner who likes to f***

I'm sorry to hear you that you had those problems. I hope that you are fine now. In my case, it didn't backfired me since I didn't even know the cause of what was happening at that moment. I don't think I will consume it again unless prescripted. I considered shortly trying it again to check if that was the reason of what happened but I knew about all the side effects and it seems it is quite harmful in the long term. I suspected of other things since still the timings were weird, but most probably pseudoephedrine was 80% the reason of it all

I'm sorry to hear you that you had those problems. I hope that you are fine now. In my case, it didn't backfired me since I didn't even know the cause of what was happening at that moment. I don't think I will consume it again unless prescripted. I considered shortly trying it again to check if that was the reason of what happened but I knew about all the side effects and it seems it is quite harmful in the long term. I suspected of other things since still the timings were weird, but most probably pseudoephedrine was 80% the reason of it all
I'm not a hundred percent certain but I remember somewhere reading that the ma Huang or ephedra plant contains both isomers although ephedrine is only present in quantity

Sudofed is supplied in 30 mg pills if I'm not mistaken. Way too much. If you broke it in half or even in thirds you would get all of the nasal decongestion with little or none of the side effects.