Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Can u OD on melatonin drinks?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
Saw these at a nutrition store.

No prescription needed, and 100% legal.

What would happen if I gradually drink these untill I put my self to s good sleep?

KGqtkf.jpg

Had to ask before I tried it

melatonin works as a potent anti-inflammatory in high doses, similar to pinoline (which is quite unknown as a molecule and could bring interesting active analogues).
You can eat 10-20mg without having an OD as far as I know. I guess the enzymes decompose the amount you don't need but it's LD50 should be very high, it has a wide therapeutic window.
How many ug-mg has that beverage?

I've taken 150mg before and nothing happened

Since melatonin is unregulated in the US there are reports of melatonin supplements being contaminated with dangerously high levels of serotonin. You can definitely overdose on serotonin.

I've taken 150mg before and nothing happened

Since melatonin is unregulated in the US there are reports of melatonin supplements being contaminated with dangerously high levels of serotonin. You can definitely overdose on serotonin.
serotonin?
not even 5-htp?

Don't waste your money on those drinks you can buy a whole bottle of melatonin pills over the counter at the pharmacy and get like a millions times more melatonin for the same cost.

Domt buy from cvs or Walgreens since they are assholes that refuse to fill valid benzo and opipid scripts. Support private pharmacies or a vitamin or supplement shop

Short answer is you’d have to take a stupid amount of melatonin to OD. Pretty sure literal grams have been taken safely. LD50 is 3.2g comparable to table salt according to my very quick google search.

-GC

curiously chubbyemu just released a video about a kid who OD'd on melatonin:

it doesn't mention the dose, but assuming the average gummy is probably 3mg-10mg, it sounds like the kid ate 540mg-1800mg (and it was a child)

curiously chubbyemu just released a video about a kid who OD'd on melatonin:

it doesn't mention the dose, but assuming the average gummy is probably 3mg-10mg, it sounds like the kid ate 540mg-1800mg (and it was a child)

chubbyemu fear mongers about drugs. a minimum of 180 gummies at once would fuck with any kids health.

chubbyemu fear mongers about drugs. a minimum of 180 gummies at once would fuck with any kids health.
His videos often omit certain details, but far from fearmongering. His videos are supposed to be scary to an uninformed person. If his videos are fearmongering than most harm reduction is that as well, which it is not.

I understand why some who are knowledgable may criticism him, but his videos are intentionally vague for several reasons.

nah bro, chubbyemu actually just fearmongers. like in this video. "acid to escape to escape his problems" and injecting mushrooms. talks about fucking mushrooms growing in this kids blood. this is not harm reduction. would be a cool story if it acknowledged that there are safe ways to use mushrooms and that psilocyben can indeed help with deppression.