• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you get high on bupre and methadone as a non addict?

But why would u wanna take methadone or bupe if u have no dependency?

It was bought from gypsies so it is not at all impossible although to be fair all the junkies of Athens make trip to my hometown to buy this H for injections

So who tf knows quite frankly

"Gypsy"? I think you'll find the accepted vernacular is "dirty pikey".

It's possible they do have good H, but also have extremely shitty H that they give to noobs/people who don't "look like" addicts.

For opiate naive user, would 40mg of methadone get euphoria? What dosage for bupre? Thanks
Bloody heck that's way too much!
I'd consider around 10 mg a beginner's dose if it was street heroin, (unless it's been cut to all fuck) and methadone is a pure product.

Also I wouldn't recommend substitution drugs for recreational purposes because while they certainly will get you high if you're not used to them, they also drive up your tolerance levels much faster.

Yes you don't want to take more than that. You'll be puking at best. And I once took an 8 mg strip a suboxone with a fairly moderate daily Kratom use of no more than 15 grams. I literally sat in a chair at the kitchen table 5 hours regaining consciousness every half hour or so to realize how much my neck was hurting before I completely nodded out again
Sounds fun xd

Either will work. For suboxone 1mg might actually be too much. Depends on the person. Better to start with 0.5mg. I know it looks so insignificant like it couldn't possibly do anything, but it will. If it doesn't, up to 1mg. I'm less familiar with methadone but I tried 5mg with no tolerance once and it had no effect. 40mg on the otherhand is definitely too much.

For opiate naive user, would 40mg of methadone get euphoria? What dosage for bupre? Thanks

I've skipped quite a few replies and I suspect it's been said before but 40mg methadone is too much!
It would kill at the very least 2 well built adult male's with 0 opioid tolerance.
Methadone starter doses for pain is 5mg, it take 3 hours to fully kick in and builds up with repeated dosing, so watch what you're doing.
More than 10mg and if you're mixing it with other downers you risk death!

As to buprenorphine start with 100ug - 200ug (1000ug = 1mg).
Bup' is 30 - 50x more potent than morphine by weight, I even saw one study from 2015 claiming 50 - 100x (That's around the same as fentanyl.) but doesn't have the respiratory depression risk.
Also it acts more like a full mu opioid receptor agonist (Morphine, methadone, oxycodone, fentanyl etc.) when used in under 8mg doses, though I maybe miss remembering and it maybe 12mg.

I've skipped quite a few replies and I suspect it's been said before but 40mg methadone is too much!
It would kill at the very least 2 well built adult male's with 0 opioid tolerance.
Methadone starter doses for pain is 5mg, it take 3 hours to fully kick in and builds up with repeated dosing, so watch what you're doing.
More than 10mg and if you're mixing it with other downers you risk death!

As to buprenorphine start with 100ug - 200ug (1000ug = 1mg).
Bup' is 30 - 50x more potent than morphine by weight, I even saw one study from 2015 claiming 50 - 100x (That's around the same as fentanyl.) but doesn't have the respiratory depression risk.
Also it acts more like a full mu opioid receptor agonist (Morphine, methadone, oxycodone, fentanyl etc.) when used in under 8mg doses, though I maybe miss remembering and it maybe 12mg.
Fentanyl is much stronger than bupr.that for sure.40 mg methadone cannot kill two opiate naive adult persons unless they took something else

Yes. 1 or 2 mg of bupe will be as good as heroin almost imo. Very strong for opiate naive.

40mg of methadone will fuck you up real good too. I don't think it will kill you but it night make you nauseous and sick. I would start with 25. It will take 3 hrs to fully peak so don't keep taking more thinking it wasn't enough

Fentanyl is much stronger than bupr.that for sure.40 mg methadone cannot kill two opiate naive adult persons unless they took something else
40mg of Methadone can't kill two opioid naive adults?

Trust me when I say less than 20mg but more 10mg can kill an adult male of average weight who has taken no other downers, I have sadly seen it before.

Yes. 1 or 2 mg of bupe will be as good as heroin almost imo. Very strong for opiate naive.

40mg of methadone will fuck you up real good too. I don't think it will kill you but it night make you nauseous and sick. I would start with 25. It will take 3 hrs to fully peak so don't keep taking more thinking it wasn't enough
Agree 40mg is a high dose but I doubt its enough to kill someone, let alone two people. Still I wouldnt try!

I use to use buprenorphine 'recreationally' back in the day in between heroin binges, when my tolerance had dropped to nil.

Some times, when given the option, I would actually choose buprenorphine over heroin because the heroin purity was unpredictable and buprenorphine kept me "well" for longer.

And now here I am 5 years later and have been taking it every day (legally) ever since.

These maintenance meds may not be very recreational, but they are very powerful and long acting. It would not take long to gain a dependence on them once you've been using them for several days.

And the withdrawals are slightly milder, but a hell of a lot longer lasting.

Why are people saying methadone and buprenorphine are not recreational?

Georgia (The country next to Russia, not the US state.) had a major problem from sometime in the 1990's up until the mid 2000's with buprenorphine injectable and sublingual forms being smuggled mostly from France from maintenance supplies to feed the illicit opioid market there.
Thee reason being Heroin in Russia and Eastern Europe is expensive. (For the locals cause of currency exchange.) and buprenorphine was cheaper, lasted longer than Heroin (Only need to dose once a day versus 2 - 3x daily.) and gives a decent rush and buzz when injected, which people were unfortunately doing with the sublingual pills that also contain talc!

Methadone is really popular recreationally in the US and when first used (Either in an opioid naive person or swapping from another opioid.) is equivalent in potency to morphine but over time it builds up in the liver (Not the bones like the urban myth!) and ends up being 6x - 8x more potent than morphine and the dextro-methadone (Methadone is mixed level and dextro enantiomers and the dextro is an NMDA receptor antagonist, like ketamine, DXM and PCP, so it's good for neuralgia/nerve pain on top of the levo-methadone being a full mu opioid receptor agonist and helping nociceptive pain.)
It can be recreational, the euphoria isn't as intense as morphine, Heroin or oxycodone but it beats them when it comes to half-life.
Methadone lasts most of the day but the euphoria from morphine, Heroin and oxycodone only last about 3 - 4 hours at best with tolerance.
The danger is the fact that it takes 3 hour's to fully kick in and builds up in the liver, so people not knowing often redose, thinking it's not working and then it all kicks in together and they go to sleep and either aspirate or just stop breathing and die.
Make sure you have naloxone if you're trying methadone recreationally.

Last edited:
N
Why are people saying methadone and buprenorphine are not recreational?

Georgia (The country next to Russia, not the US state.) had a major problem from sometime in the 1990's up until the mid 2000's with buprenorphine injectable and sublingual forms being smuggled mostly from France from maintenance supplies to feed the illicit opioid market there.
Thee reason being Heroin in Russia and Eastern Europe is expensive. (For the locals cause of currency exchange.) and buprenorphine was cheaper, lasted longer than Heroin (Only need to dose once a day versus 2 - 3x daily.) and gives a decent rush and buzz when injected, which people were unfortunately doing with the sublingual pills that also contain talc!

Methadone is really popular recreationally in the US and when first used (Either in an opioid naive person or swapping from another opioid.) is equipment to morphine but over time it builds up in the liver (Not the bones like the urban myth!) and ends up being 6x - 8x more potent than morphine and the dextro-methadone is am NMDA receptor antagonists, like ketamine, DXM and PCP, so it's good for neuralgia/nerve pain on top of the levo-methadone being a full mu opioid receptor antagonist and helping nociceptive pain.
It can be recreational, the euphoria isn't as intense as morphine, Heroin or oxycodone but it beats them when it comes to half-life.
Methadone lasts most of the day but the euphoria from morphine, Heroin and oxycodone only last about 3 - 4 hours at best with tolerance.
The danger is the fact that it takes 3 hour's to fully kick in and builds up in the liver, so people not knowing often redose, thinking it's not working and then it all kicks in together and they go to sleep and either aspirate or just stop breathing and die.
Make sure you have naloxone if you're trying methadone recreationally.
Not recreational,because they have sedative heavy feeling.Less short acting are opposite.Much more for substitution than for recr.purpose

They're recreational for people without a tolerance I guess.

Bupe definitely has some stimulating qualities in the first half of the 'high', and then becomes more sedating and heavy as the day goes on. But the euphoria isn't even close to heroin or traditional opioids. Although I find buprenorphine more recreational than say, xanax or even 5mg of hydrocodone.

I use to find tramadol recreational too in my 20's, before I got into heroin & stronger opioids. It lasted about 8-12hrs. Of course the euphoria and main opioid effects didn't, but I still felt "normal" most of the day until the next morning when I would dose.

In the end, shorter/medium acting opioids are better for recreation (and even cravings and maintenance IMO) because they allow blood levels to drop significantly during dosing. Where as bupe and methadone hang around so long, that you don't even notice it anymore when you take a dose.