Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Classic Film Scenes

If people think they can’t survive a couple of days without toilet paper, well I’m afraid they might have to go. I’m not joking.

This is probably my favourite scene, from easily one of my Top 5 movies (Brad Pitt scores points for hottest character ever hehe).

If people think they can’t survive a couple of days without toilet paper, well I’m afraid they might have to go. I’m not joking.

-- what is with the toilet paper that people are hoarding them? what is the connection to the covid 19 virus:unsure:

-- what is with the toilet paper that people are hoarding them? what is the connection to the covid 19 virus:unsure:

Good question. I still don’t really understand it myself. It seems some people thought toilet paper was something they can’t live without and other people were terrified of missing out and it had a kind of snowball effect. I suspect these people have never travelled further than the suburb they were born in.

Being unprepared for a pandemic: despite extreme environmental change; despite previous epidemics where the funding ran out for research after the fact. oh, well.

Travis, you're embarrasing yourself so much, even the camera can't look at you any more.

@TheLoveBandit

Watch this again and tell me why this isn't fantastic.

Two and a half minutes of carnage, one continuous shot. No fancy martial arts or choppy editing, just pure shit-kicking.

There were several 'very good' aspects of the film. That scene was just one of them.

The opposite of the Oldboy fight scene.

Hero is such a good film. But after watching it while tripping on Psilacetin the other week, my wife and I turned to each other and both said, “That was probably the best Chinese propaganda film I’ve ever seen,” lol. In the end the whole point of the film is to drive the Communist ideology home; who cares about the little guy, the State is more important.

In the end the whole point of the film is to drive the Communist ideology home; who cares about the little guy, the State is more important.

True, I'm sure there are whole teams of government watchdogs going over every aspect of filmmaking in China, keeping everything within the bounds of "Culturally Appropriate."

But "For the greater good" self-sacrifice stories are pretty universal, no?

I bet they let The Wrath of Khan play in China... but not The Search for Spock though

Heh. A market that can get Captain America to mostly lose the "America" part and dress in black can have its way with most things.

Robert Duvall's performance in Deep Impact came to mind immediately when I thought about self-sacrifice scenes in film, and I will admit to nearly tearing up, as I always do when I think about that scene. And then Inside Out came to mind, and I may have needed a tissue. Fuck, just writing it out... snfffl snf :cry::cry: I'm generally pretty even, emotionally, but when something gets me (and it's the weirdest shit that gets me!) it gets me good.

Well I don't know about "classic" but I've been meaning to buy this film for years..

Last edited:
I've been at my mother's. She did Arts at Melbourne Uni in the 1960s.. I can only dream of this. Anyway the woman is a movie buff. We watched a film called Bergman Island about the island in Sweden Ingmar Bergman lived on.

Mum is/was a huge fan of Bergman but neither of us understood Bergman Island. This, however, I must see.

The classic scene being Death playing chess with the Knight.

Last edited:
I've been at my mother's. She did Arts at Melbourne Uni in the 1960s.. I can only dream of this. Anyway the woman is a movie buff. We watched a film called Bergman Island about the island in Sweden Ingmar Bergman lived on.

Mum is/was a huge fan of Bergman but neither of us understood Bergman Island. This, however, I must see.

The classic scene being Death playing chess with the Knight.

Max Von Sydow, is remarkable, in everything! (Also, as an aside, weirdly, ageless/always mature-looking).

Following on from; Anton at the gas station.
This.