• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine: Very confused with my first acetone wash. Could it be something other than coke? (Detailed post with pictures)

Vida Infra

Bluelighter
Very confused with my first acetone wash. Could it be something other than coke? (Detailed post with pictures)

(multiple pictures)

I’m very confused with my first acetone wash experience. I’m going to a little outdoor rave this weekend and decided to split a ball with a coworker who had a connect. I arrived at his house to him just walking in from picking up and he pulls out two different bags. One bag had about 1.250 of waxy rock, common to a lot of what I see posted on here. The second bag was about 2.250 of fluffy powder. I was a little annoyed with this and figured the waxy rock bag was the good stuff and the fluffy powder was some cut BS. I had already committed to splitting the ball so we agreed to combine the two bags, grind them up finely, and split evenly 1.750 each. When I got home I was racking my brain as I was rather disappointed in my pickup when I had remembered seeing mention of acetone wash, so I got to researching. Yesterday I went to pick up the supplies and ran the below process…

I ended up washing it three times. Using the following supplies.

- 100% acetone (the bottle was sealed with an airtight metal seal)

- Unbleached filter

- Metal measuring spoons

- Glass rocks glass

- Glass pint glass

- Syringe

The first wash I did a very basic method. I put the 1.750 ground up coke in the rocks glass and added 20ml of acetone. I stirred the mixture for 2 minutes using a metal spoon and then poured over the filter into the pint glass. I poured a little more acetone over the mixture and let it dry for 12 hours next to a dehumidifier. After putting it back on my scale I was shocked to find I only lost .157. I assumed I did something wrong and maybe non of the cut got filtered out so I decided to do a second run.

This time I stuck closer to the LeJunk method. For my 2nd wash I ground the cocaine, put it into the rocks glasses, added 20ml of acetone and stirred it for 3 minutes using a metal spoon. I then let it sit, covered with an index card for 8 minutes so all the powder sunk to the bottom and the acetone separated on top. I took a syringe and sucked the acetone off the top and disposed off it into a cup. I then repeated this exact process once more and then put the saturated coke on a filter to drain off the remaining acetone. I then left it to dry again next to a dehumidifier for 12 hours… again I only lost .192. I now have a total of 1.379 from an original 1.750. I’m sure that a missing .050 of that is from multiple transfers and little bits that were potentially dropped during the process.

Is there a chance this is something completely other than coke? Or did looks deceive me and I have some quality?

Not every cut gets washed by an acetone wash, as dealers have caught up with users doing acetone washes and use cuts that won't get removed that way.
So that you don't get to know how much cut is actually there.
In the UK this happens with amphetamine sulphate as well, an acetone wash will not increase purity by much.

I suspect that the cutting agent isn't soluble in acetone like phobo said, just because you got 2 bags that didn't look the same. That kind of gives you a super obvious red flag warning. The only thing I would say just to sort of be sure that you're doing it properly is that I would actually go for a ratio closer to 20ml of acetone/gram of cocaine. Not a huge difference but yeah I'd start with 35ml of acetone to your 1.75g of coke, then I'd stir for 3-5 mins as you said, let it settle and draw of the top like you mentioned you did the second time and then I usually just add back in the same amount of fresh acetone as the amount I was able to pull off the top with my pipette, stir another 3-5 and pour the whole amount into the filter paper to dry. Honestly though I think that you'd probably get similar results even doing those minor changes, the info at hand suggest that to me anyways.

Very confused with my first acetone wash. Could it be something other than coke? (Detailed post with pictures)

(multiple pictures)

I’m very confused with my first acetone wash experience. I’m going to a little outdoor rave this weekend and decided to split a ball with a coworker who had a connect. I arrived at his house to him just walking in from picking up and he pulls out two different bags. One bag had about 1.250 of waxy rock, common to a lot of what I see posted on here. The second bag was about 2.250 of fluffy powder. I was a little annoyed with this and figured the waxy rock bag was the good stuff and the fluffy powder was some cut BS. I had already committed to splitting the ball so we agreed to combine the two bags, grind them up finely, and split evenly 1.750 each. When I got home I was racking my brain as I was rather disappointed in my pickup when I had remembered seeing mention of acetone wash, so I got to researching. Yesterday I went to pick up the supplies and ran the below process…

I ended up washing it three times. Using the following supplies.

- 100% acetone (the bottle was sealed with an airtight metal seal)

- Unbleached filter

- Metal measuring spoons

- Glass rocks glass

- Glass pint glass

- Syringe

The first wash I did a very basic method. I put the 1.750 ground up coke in the rocks glass and added 20ml of acetone. I stirred the mixture for 2 minutes using a metal spoon and then poured over the filter into the pint glass. I poured a little more acetone over the mixture and let it dry for 12 hours next to a dehumidifier. After putting it back on my scale I was shocked to find I only lost .157. I assumed I did something wrong and maybe non of the cut got filtered out so I decided to do a second run.

This time I stuck closer to the LeJunk method. For my 2nd wash I ground the cocaine, put it into the rocks glasses, added 20ml of acetone and stirred it for 3 minutes using a metal spoon. I then let it sit, covered with an index card for 8 minutes so all the powder sunk to the bottom and the acetone separated on top. I took a syringe and sucked the acetone off the top and disposed off it into a cup. I then repeated this exact process once more and then put the saturated coke on a filter to drain off the remaining acetone. I then left it to dry again next to a dehumidifier for 12 hours… again I only lost .192. I now have a total of 1.379 from an original 1.750. I’m sure that a missing .050 of that is from multiple transfers and little bits that were potentially dropped during the process.

Is there a chance this is something completely other than coke? Or did looks deceive me and I have some quality?

I might suggest a person cook it up into freebase, blend it up really fine, then do a water wash on the freebase exactly the same way they would do an acetone wash. They can turn it back into the hydrochloride salt they want with a little acetone and 31% muriatic acid which I'm sure you've read about at this point so I'm not going to go into super descriptive detail on any of these processes but what I will say is that the end product when those steps are followed is so incredible it'll change you lol. Again though just to be totally clear the reason this might work for the person I know is because they're starting with gear that's already 89-92% pure and even with that being the case, they still only get like 65% of the original weight back by the time it's done so there is some waste involved but it's hands down sooooo nice after and the effects of it are a lot different. For some reason the process only increases the actual purity by about 4-6% with a starting point of 89-92% but whatever it is that's getting washed off in that 4-6% really does seem to be something powerful enough to make the experience wayyy more edgy, anxiety inducing and just tweaky feeling because you don't get any of that shit when you do the two solvent (water and acetone) wash. I know this info is all on here already as well so apologies if this is repetitive but just to summarize my pal has had the most final product success going, 2 step acetone wash, dry it completely, cook into freebase, blend it into pow, 2 step water wash, dry it completely, revert it back into cocaine HCL.
Couple other things to mention is that apparently you will get a much better, 100% pure free base by following lejunks methods with ammonia but he seems to have trouble pulling that one off. Not really sure why but he ends up losing like half his starting wieght and I know for a fact that the starting purity is as I said earlier because I frequently get it tested. The final product is fantastic even doing a baking soda cook though so if the ammonia method doesn't work for you it's fine to cook it with soda.