Mental Health Coming off Invega (paliperidone) injections, v 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you begin to feel better?
Let me tell mine..itsl like the same time with him...both 11 and half months..still i dont feel.good but its not a nightmare like yours i feel slightly bad...i guess month 8 is the starting point to feel normal.

Just noticed that for a good moment I felt anger over something I discovered today (not very related to Invega)

Is this a sign that my emotions are slowly coming back or is anger just something that Xeplion allows me to have?
I never lost ability to get angry. In fact it made me even get angry more easily about stuff, but as recovery is going its harder to get angry.
I know a guy who had 6 shots and because of that he got bad anger issues.

I never lost ability to get angry. In fact it made me even get angry more easily about stuff, but as recovery is going its harder to get angry.
I know a guy who had 6 shots and because of that he got bad anger issues.
Invega is adrenaline agonist so this could contribute to that.

I think that most important stuff you can have which invega takes from you is peace and feeling confortable in your own skin (thats serotonine 5-HT7), being able to chill on sun for 1h while actualy liking it.

Let me tell mine..itsl like the same time with him...both 11 and half months..still i dont feel.good but its not a nightmare like yours i feel slightly bad...i guess month 8 is the starting point to feel normal.
Month 8-10 you should feel some differences, it gets easier but still hard for me. But people are different some might recover faster, some not.

for me the emotions are slowley returning and I am enjoying watching music videos and such things, erections are starting to get better every day and I am starting to find women attractive again, slowly. The only thing is that my thinking ability is slightly lingering behind. I cannot think as deeply and as throughly as I could as before the invega injections. But you know when you have improved it happens in the moment and you are aware of the change (improvement) in that moment, had a few of these. But not fully recovered yet, I would say I am know a partial zombie.

My eternal question: do you sleep?
i never had any problems sleeping. I sleep 9-10 hrs a day and could go longer if i didnt need to get up for work. Also this is the only drug I am on, so that could have some thing to do with it. This drug is really fu***d up sh*t. Its like your there but not really there. I was having anxiety issues when I first start taking it and then the phychitrist goes that she can put me on benzos, so i said i will think about it. So then did some research and I could not believe the withdrawl effects people where having when coming off of them, so i said no way and had to live with the anxiety for a while until it started to die down.

Last edited:
Did you gain any weight on invega? You seem to be one of the lucky ones with less severe side effects.
I gained small man boobs, a lot of weight on my waist and back. Looking to go on a diet when the poison is all cleared out

I eat like 1 meal a day and still weigh like 200 pounds. But im also not really bungry. If i ate more id prolly weigh like 220 pounds. 2 years ago i felt kinda fat. So i did sit ups for a few days. Like 100s of situps in a day at the mental hospital and i lost all the fat in my stomach doing that

for me the emotions are slowley returning and I am enjoying watching music videos and such things, erections are starting to get better every day and I am starting to find women attractive again, slowly. The only thing is that my thinking ability is slightly lingering behind. I cannot think as deeply and as throughly as I could as before the invega injections. But you know when you have improved it happens in the moment and you are aware of the change (improvement) in that moment, had a few of these. But not fully recovered yet, I would say I am know a partial zombie.
That's great to hear, good to see another update from you! :) Just curious, do you do any exercise? I can't recall if you said before.

I’ve been on 39mg shots for the last 4 months. I’ve been tapering down for 9 months. My next shot would be tomorrow but this is the first time I will be on 0mg since December 2020.

I absolutely cannot wait to feel normal again!!! I’ll take slow recovery for 12 months. It beats the shit out of still being on 156mg shots!

I have big cognitive improvements coming down to 39mg and I hope the improvements only get better at 0mg. I’m still super lazy and unmotivated and struggle to find joy. But it’s better than it was and should only get better!

Hang in there ya’ll. It gets better!
I can only imagine your relief, not having to take the shots any more!! Thanks so much for your encouraging words, it means a lot to people in this thread <3 Keep updating us as you continue to improve!

That's great to hear, good to see another update from you! :) Just curious, do you do any exercise? I can't recall if you said before.
No I do not do any physical exercise at the moment, I get too tired too quickly. I’m gonna wait till the most of the drug has left my body and then I will go onto exercise to loose the weight.

No I do not do any physical exercise at the moment, I get too tired too quickly. I’m gonna wait till the most of the drug has left my body and then I will go onto exercise to loose the weight.
Completely understandable. Sounds like a good plan :)

Little update on my emotion situation: Yesterday I was playing games with some friends and one of them cracked a joke which wasn't even *that* good but I still laughed my ass off at it for a minute, followed by a minuscule moment of weakness because of how long it has been since that even happened

I'm still unsure whether or not this is a slight signal of recovery or if I'm just placebo'ing out of every little thing I notice as I'm still only 2 (two) months off

i never had any problems sleeping. I sleep 9-10 hrs a day and could go longer if i didnt need to get up for work. Also this is the only drug I am on, so that could have some thing to do with it. This drug is really fu***d up sh*t. Its like your there but not really there. I was having anxiety issues when I first start taking it and then the phychitrist goes that she can put me on benzos, so i said i will think about it. So then did some research and I could not believe the withdrawl effects people where having when coming off of them, so i said no way and had to live with the anxiety for a while until it started to die down.
I think is the sleep. People who don't lose the sleep are able to take it. You were even working. I might be truly damaged. Your deadlines are what psychiatrist talk about as the rule. Meanwhile I am here thinking about committing suicide after more than 6 months in bed and looking at the ceiling. It is not fair that they deny my case and that I get no support

Status
Not open for further replies.