• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Coming off Xanax XR - when should i worry.

RT_4

Bluelighter
Ok so I think I might have taken it abit far this time. I need some reassurance that i’m not just overthinking. I bought a bottle of 60 Xanax. I have vague memories of the past 4-5 days. People are telling me stuff i’ve done and i’ve had no memory of it. I went to my close friends house high on Xanax. And did I stupid amount of Ketamine, and then stubled home - nearly getting ran over in the process. I got home and realised they had taken the bottle from me, as they were worried. They told me there was six in the bottle. I chalked it up to me just losing a bunch, but today I kinda almost ‘popped’ into reality and realised what was going on. I don’t really know how to explain it. This morning I also woke up shaking and feeling way more anxious than usual and i’ve been having the worst mood swings of my life. I feel like somethings up. I’m having some headaches and I feel nauseous. I have no idea if i’ve taken it too far. Anyone have any advice?

If you've taken 54 pills of xanax over 4-5 days you are going to experience a lot of rebound anxiety. You didn't mention the dosage of the pills but it's still a very high amount. Likely what you did is compulsively redose while you were blacked out. The symptoms you're experiencing at the moment will likely last up to a a few days to a week but it varies from person to person. I'd advise you stay away from benzos in the future if you can't trust yourself to not go overboard, or at least if you do take benzos again buy a smaller amount and limit the amount you take out with you.

If you've taken 54 pills of xanax over 4-5 days you are going to experience a lot of rebound anxiety. You didn't mention the dosage of the pills but it's still a very high amount. Likely what you did is compulsively redose while you were blacked out. The symptoms you're experiencing at the moment will likely last up to a a few days to a week but it varies from person to person. I'd advise you stay away from benzos in the future if you can't trust yourself to not go overboard, or at least if you do take benzos again buy a smaller amount and limit the amount you take out with you.
Yeah that’s smart. I think thats what I must of done. I think it might have been even more ive now been told i bought a third bottle which i do remember actually. Not sure if i lost that one or did them. Hopefully I lost them aha. But yeah, I had no idea how powerful these things actually were i’ve kinda scared myself into doing anymore to be honest. I get abit hyper-fixated on drugs when i ‘discover’ i new one, if you can’t tell by my previous threads lol. Yeah i’ll definitely take it easy. I’ve had a few friends with previous benzo dependence, it doesn’t sound fun. Thank you so much for your advice ❤️

I get abit hyper-fixated on drugs when i ‘discover’ i know one
this is hazardous with drugs that make you say "well, apparently everything is so much nicer little high on xxxxxxxx" and depending on person, benzos are often like that.

Ok so I think I might have taken it abit far this time. I need some reassurance that i’m not just overthinking. I bought a bottle of 60 Xanax. I have vague memories of the past 4-5 days. People are telling me stuff i’ve done and i’ve had no memory of it. I went to my close friends house high on Xanax. And did I stupid amount of Ketamine, and then stubled home - nearly getting ran over in the process. I got home and realised they had taken the bottle from me, as they were worried. They told me there was six in the bottle. I chalked it up to me just losing a bunch, but today I kinda almost ‘popped’ into reality and realised what was going on. I don’t really know how to explain it. This morning I also woke up shaking and feeling way more anxious than usual and i’ve been having the worst mood swings of my life. I feel like somethings up. I’m having some headaches and I feel nauseous. I have no idea if i’ve taken it too far. Anyone have any advice?
All classic benzo abuse.

- embarrassing behavior
- having less pills than you think, "who took them? It definitely wasn't me, I don't remember it!"
- "delusional sobriety"

You're probably going through withdrawal. I once went through 40mg of alprazolam over 10 days suddenly stopped, and had extreme rebound and withdrawal including intense hallucinations. I'm surprised I didn't have a seizure. I'd rather go through heroin withdrawal again than that.

Abusing benzos is a very bad idea.

this is hazardous with drugs that make you say "well, apparently everything is so much nicer little high on xxxxxxxx" and depending on person, benzos are often like that.
Yeah I think as well, I hadn’t seen my friends in a while, so I thought i’d take maybe a half to make me more sociable, then a half would turn into like 9. God i’ an idiot sometimes. I also made a complete idiot of myself infront of my parents. I managed to convince them i was drinking. They some how bought it, despite the fact i was apparently drooling. My life is just a series of dumb decisions apparently. Lesson well learned, thank you for your help as well man ❤️

All classic benzo abuse.

- embarrassing behavior
- having less pills than you think, "who took them? It definitely wasn't me, I don't remember it!"
- "delusional sobriety"

You're probably going through withdrawal. I once went through 40mg of alprazolam over 10 days suddenly stopped, and had extreme rebound and withdrawal including intense hallucinations. I'm surprised I didn't have a seizure. I'd rather go through heroin withdrawal again than that.
i think i’ve gotten it fairly lightly, thanking the angle on my shoulder i didnt get hit by a car to be honest with you.

For the love of god, go to a doctor, and somehow (or order it online or whatever) get some valium, and taper slowly.

I was Xanax for 10 weeks. About 2mg per day, by the last week, 3-5mg per day. My Doctor did the wrong thing and cold turkied me, no taper, not even valium taper. Oxford Uni study shows valium taper is safe and effective to get off Xanax without risk of seizure or psychosis.
I didn't sleep for 5 days, ended up in psychosis, thought someone was trying to kill me, almost jumped off a 4th story balcony to get away from a hallucination. Ended up in hospital high dependency ward. They put me on 30mg of valium per day, dropping 5mg per week, until 5mg per day, then dropping to 4, > 2. >1mg

Xanax is fucking ruthless cold turkey. Don't. Just Don't. Please get some valium. Or go to a hospital and explain what is happening. That's my advice.

I've done some stupid shit and fucked up and lost things on benzos, but it was nothing compared to how stupid shit I did and how I fucked up and lost things on withdrawals.

Everyone should watch Netflix documentary called "Take your Pills: Xanax"

Very interested and eye opening documentary.

This is the second edition of Take your Pills on Netflix. The original was ok....but the second/current one "Xanax' focuses on benzodiazepines and this man who tapered off Xanax

He was on 3mg for years.....felt better and requested to his doc, to reduce dosage to 2.5 mg .....just a measly 0.5mg dose reduction and within a day or two he started developing troubling symptoms

Severe anxiety, heart palpitations, sweating, hot flashes, dizzy spells, muscle aches & pains, etc.

Scary as Sh!t .....he had several doctors tell him it wasn't the medication and ran tests for other crap.

He finally got the right doctor and was switched to Diazepam 10mg and a slow taper.....he even did volumetric dosing to reduce Valium by 0.5mg every 3 to 5 days

His story was very interesting and eye opening

Benzos are AMAZING medication and quite frankly, some benzos are even literal life savers..

But the one major key to using benzos is,

MODERATION

Unfortunately, we are all addicts, and we struggle with the word moderation more than any human being on the planet. Some of us addicts are somewhat capable of moderation, especially drugs that we dont commonly abuse. But if you are one to take handfuls of benzos (I have known at least, two best friends i had that have sadly past away..one of them got on the naltrexone shot, a month later he bought some peach 0.5mg xanax off the streets because he had been on his xanax for about 15-20 years. He ate 4 peach xanax and died. It was pure fentanyl. Be CAREFUL PEOPLE. I am going to make a thread on fake xanax because it is a HUGE problem, and now fake morphine pills as well!)

I guess i should have asked, is there any megathreads or threads of fake xanax?

Anyway, moderation with benzos. If you can take them literally just as needed (i know some of us need them every day in all reality, but we have to let some anxiety out to properly reward ourselves with any sort of GABA relief without causing any receptor tolerance) then you will be infinitely better off.

After using "repressed" black market Xanax bars, approx. 5 - 10 everyday, once i had developed a raging habit. Once the point came that i had no choice but to go cold turkey for lack of money, i found that for the first three days i could not stand up straight, let alone walk a straight line. My blood pressure was so high combined with the other physical withdrawal symptoms, when i would try to stand up and it was like diziness x1000, i was weak, was extremely light sensitive and i had two weeks with only a few hours of sporadic, fitful sleep. Truthfully after having been through Heroin withdrawal etc, id have to say Xanax withdrawal was just as bad if not worse because of the psychological aspect. I couldn't face the world, God I didn't even have the physical ability to get dressed etc and go out into the world. Needless to say I cured myself by going back to xanax. Obviously my situation was a withdrawal from God only knows what are actually in represses and the fact I was dependent on so many, daily, for so long. But in the city in which I live, my situation wasn't unique. Bars, Xans, Pressies are so common it's ridiculous. Unfortunately the uninitiated have no idea what they're in for when they start popping pharma like tic tacs

haha I had also serious issues even with damn walking, speaking and the most fundamental executive function because of amnesic limbo