• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Comparing Nitrazepam to Diazepam

reflekt

Bluelighter
How would those experienced with both benzodiazepines compare nitrazepam to diazepam?

Specifically, I mean is nitrazepam nearly as powerful of an anxiolytic as diazepam is?

Also, I know nitrazepam is stronger as a sedative, but does it give more of a muscle relaxant, chilled out, comfortable, "body high" than diazepam? Or just straight hypnotic sleepiness...

Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm interested in nitrazepam next for benzos.

And for the sake of comparison, if others are more familiar with alprazolam and lorazepam than diazepam then I'll take comparisons with them as well, haha.

Thanks!

Nitrazepam is more of a hypnotic (makes you sleep) benzo as opposed to anxiolytic, although it does help with anxiety a little.. opinions vary, I find it makes me pretty much unable to move and zombified the next day, but YMMV...

Alprazolam is more anxiolytic and short lasting, as is lorazepam (lorazepam is the best for anxiety in my opinion, it doesn't hit you as hard as alprazolam so generally people find it less recreational..)

Other hypnotic benzos include temazepam and flunitrazepam. Temazepam is a lot lighter than nitrazepam and doesn't last nearly as long. I find it more euphoric than most benzos but some people don't like it at all. It's very subjective and depends on your tolerance too..

Ya I've heard good things about temazepam from some people I've talked to. Interesting. Thanks for the info! Great help.

Is temazepam less anxiolytic like nitrazepam?

If lorazepam was taken with temazepam, would it be like the euphoric realaxed good feelings of temazepam with extra anxiolytic properties? So best of both worlds basically. In theory it seems so. I know this would easily get messy, but just a question, haha.

ALSO: How would you or anyone else reading this describe Midazolam... or compare it to diazepam?

...I've just turned this into a general comparison of benzos as opposed to nitrazepam to diazepam, haha.

Last edited:
Yeah, temazepam's a lot more usable for fun. Nitrazepam's too heavy for me, being pure sedation, but temazepam gives a nice, usable body high and a chilled out good mood you can go down to a nod with. I used to prefer them to diazepam. The jellies were great, though you could get well messy if you dosed high. Very wobbly!

Nitrazepam and diazepam are equipotent anxiolytics - 10 mg of nitrazepam provides the same anxiolytic activity as 10 mg of diazepam. Nitrazepam has a stronger side effect profile compared to diazepam at those doses and not only is it more hypnotic, but I'd say it's also a better anxiolytic.
However, nitrazepam has a more powerful side effect profile as it is an hypnotic. Stronger sedation, stronger activity all around, and more euphoric.

Nitrazepam and temazepam are similar in that they are both hypnotics, but I find nitrazepam slightly more sedative but temazepam is more recreational and euphoric.

Temazepam is a better anxiolytic than nitrazepam, but they are equally hypnotic. But as I said, nitrazepam may be a bit more sedative. Many of the hypnotics are superb anxiolytics - temazepam, lormetazepam, and nitrazepam are excellent examples of hypnotics with very good anxiolytic properties.

Nitrazepam and diazepam are equipotent anxiolytics - 10 mg of nitrazepam provides the same anxiolytic activity as 10 mg of diazepam. Nitrazepam has a stronger side effect profile compared to diazepam at those doses and not only is it more hypnotic, but I'd say it's also a better anxiolytic.
However, nitrazepam has a more powerful side effect profile as it is an hypnotic. Stronger sedation, stronger activity all around, and more euphoric.

Nitrazepam and temazepam are similar in that they are both hypnotics, but I find nitrazepam slightly more sedative but temazepam is more recreational and euphoric.

Temazepam is a better anxiolytic than nitrazepam, but they are equally hypnotic. But as I said, nitrazepam may be a bit more sedative. Many of the hypnotics are superb anxiolytics - temazepam, lormetazepam, and nitrazepam are excellent examples of hypnotics with very good anxiolytic properties.

In my personal experience, diazepam is a slightly better anxiolytic than nitrazepam (although diazepam is a jack-of-all-trades and not too great for anythihg in particular), although when heavily sedated anxiety doesn't come quite as easily.

Temazepam is a better anxiolytic than either of them, and has around the same duration of action as diazepam (way shorter half-life) but is more sedating/hypnotic, but I personally like it better. Nirazepam lasts longer than both of them by a long shot and is the most sedating benzo I've ever tried. It's also the most recreational - by benzo standards - of the three. Lormetazepam is a powerful hypnotic, excellent anxiolytic, but I'm not sure how available it would be where you are.

Basically, in my experience:

Anxioltic value:
1. Lormetazepam
2. Temazepam
3. Diazepam
4. Nitrazepam

Sedative/hypnotic effect:
1. Nitrazepam
2. Lormetazepam
3. Temazepam
4. Diazepam

Recrational use:
1. Lormetazepam
2. Nitrazepam
3. Temazepam
4. Diazepam

All are short-ish to intermediate-acting, except nitrazepam which lasts a good while.

I was taking valium to help my anxiety and for sleep. It helped just take the edge of my anxiety. 1 10 mg tab. 3 a day as needed. But as for sleeping, it didn't do a darn thing. I like nitrazepam the best. 15 mg at night, I have two boxes coming in about 4 days.
Stay healthy everyone:)

Just a question, why would you want to take a drug for fun? I wish I didn't have to take them. I will be on pain med's for the rest of my life. Even after the sugery. That's sad that you feel you have to use drugs in order to feel good:(

Last edited by a moderator:
You're preaching to the choir jancat310. This is BL. People come here for advice on drugs and how to take them safely.

Not everyone necessarily NEEDS them to feel good, but when they want to they can.

I have zero experience with Nitrazepam. I am prescribed Diazepam however. My tolerance must have increased super rapidly with it though. Since I take Adderall (unscripted, recreationally), I blow through my script pretty fast in order to get to sleep when I want too. I get 90x 5mg per month, but sometimes I find myself taken 15 5mg tablets, so 75mg in total and still a bit restless in bed. I do however usually fall asleep.

I remember the first time I had Diazepam, I was given two 10mg tabs. I took both and ended up having double vision and was clearly high, and definitely passed out pretty much.

However, now taking 75mg doesn't give me much of a "feeling". The dose doesn't seem to even matter. I never take it recreationally though so whatever. It does still seem to reduce anxiety as I'm prescribed it for, and I chose it after trying both Alprazolam and Clonazepam specifically for it having a longer half life and better muscle relaxant properties.

Sometimes ill add Trazodone as a last ditch effort to sleep, but it sometimes causes anxiety and always stuffs my nose up so I have to breath through my mouth.

I can't believe anyone uses Nitrazepam for fun.
It just feels like benadryl to me.
Blehhh no thanks

How would those experienced with both benzodiazepines compare nitrazepam to diazepam?

Specifically, I mean is nitrazepam nearly as powerful of an anxiolytic as diazepam is?

Also, I know nitrazepam is stronger as a sedative, but does it give more of a muscle relaxant, chilled out, comfortable, "body high" than diazepam? Or just straight hypnotic sleepiness...

Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm interested in nitrazepam next for benzos.

And for the sake of comparison, if others are more familiar with alprazolam and lorazepam than diazepam then I'll take comparisons with them as well, haha.

Thanks!
It is one of three sedative hypnotics allowed in norway. Great britain will not allow it to be used in long-term nursing home patients for the elderly. It is not approved in United States at this time. It has all of the other properties that are present in valium. However, it has only been marketed as a sedative hypnotic and not as an anxiolytic. Some people are still sleepy 18 hours after the last dose. Valium is approved as an anxiolytic and not as a sedative hypnotic but can be used for both if desired. Nitrazepam

NITRAZEPAM Is one of three sedative hypnotics allowed in norway. Great britain will not allow it to be used in long-term nursing home patients for the elderly. It is not approved in United States at this time. It has all of the other properties that are present in valium. However, it has only been marketed as a sedative hypnotic and not as an anxiolytic. Some people are still sleepy 18 hours after the last dose. Valium is approved as an anxiolytic and not as a sedative hypnotic but can be used for both if desired. NITRAZEPAM my friend hope this helps

Nitrazepam vs valium

NITRAZEPAM Is one of three sedative hypnotics allowed in norway. Great britain will not allow it to be used in long-term nursing home patients for the elderly. It is not approved in United States at this time. It has all of the other properties that are present in valium. However, it has only been marketed as a sedative hypnotic and not as an anxiolytic. Some people are still sleepy 18 hours after the last dose. Valium is approved as an anxiolytic and not as a sedative hypnotic but can be used for both if desired. but who cares 5MG NITRAZEPAM

Can anyone help me. Im new to this chat forum.
I have been on others.
I used to buy my valium from air mail chemist and then firstvip circle as im sure a lot of people did.
The trouble is they are no longer available so can anyone point me in the right direction to buy once agin
from a reliable source. Thank you in advance. Pm me if you have any intel that can help me.

Diazepam>nitrazepam IMO In every way.. longer half life, not as sedating, very functionable on it ect ect..

Mogadon or Nitrazepam seems like a highly regarded Benzo.

Like Flunitrazepam minus the Fluor group. Diazepam is not my first to go to Benzo. It lasts and it lasts. Pretty good muscle relaxation though. Flunitrazolam was a big disappointment to my surprise. My absolute favorite is Temazepam, like Alcohol in a pill.

Nitrazepam gives me a horrible ethanol-like hangover if I take it before going to bed. Apart from that peculiarity it's nothing special I guess , I find diazepam to be more euphoric or likely to put me in a good mood.