• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack Cocaine - Freebase Megathread

EveryStar

Bluelighter
I noticed just about every "mainstream" drug, and even a big handful of more obscure/exotic chemicals have their own "mega thread" (not as much here in OD as, say, in the psychedelic forum, where seemingly 95% percent of tryptamines/phenethylamines/any freakin' even remotely hallucinogenic chemical compound has its own dedicated official discussion topic, while here in OD, apart from heroin and maybe a couple others, we have no "megathreads."

So I figured, fuck it, if no one has bothered to do it, then I might as well take it into my own hands. So I present to you, the crack cocaine (unofficial (hopefully, only temporarily)) mega discussion/questions & answers thread, partly in the spirit of giving the few crack users who frequent OD
NSFW:
(I don't particularly like stereotyping every single person who uses crack voluntarily as being a "crackhead" (meaning, those who use on a semi-regular/infrequent basis, ranging from the occasional once-a-month one-day binge smoker, all the way down to the everyday users who consider crack to be their primary drug of choice (the "baseheads," as some would describe them as), but those are unsurprisingly the ones who end up broke and homeless and who the term of "crackhead" usually refers to), mostly because of the vast amount of stigma attached to that term, and it annoys me to no end seeing non-users (even those who use other "hard" drugs like heroin and meth, yet won't touch crack all the while going about their day lying and stealing to support their $160/day IV heroin habit) call just about anyone who's ever smoked a rock a "crackhead."),
regardless how few they are, and how unpopular crack and its users may be around here
NSFW:
(considering OD should really stand for "Opiate Discussion" instead, since 80% of all posts on here are about heroin & pharmaceutical opioids.

It's actually not such a bad idea having an opiate-only forum, since opiates seem to be the principal drugs of choice among OD posters, and creating a dedicated forum just for them would clear up a lot of space in the actual Other Drugs forum, making space for more posts about benzos, stimulants, etc., rather than being submerged, like they are now, by all the "1st time shooting dope - help!" and "Can't shit on methadone" sort of posts...again, *hint hint*),
this thread could be a haven for any and all questions related to crack, crack smoking and injecting techniques and methods, health issues related to crack cocaine use, crack "culture" (one I certainly don't want to take any part in, despite my regular (but carefully managed) use of the drug), purifying rocks, and much more, like miscellaneous Qs such as best type of filter/screen to use, or how to get the most resin out of your pipe, shit like that.

Anyways, I'll start with the first questions, and some advice about smoking, to go with it.
The questions: Does size and width of the pipe used for smoking matter significantly? Obviously a 4 inch long pipe, 1/3 inch diameter stem is going to be much more efficiently (and won't set your fingers and lips on fire) than the broken 1 inch remains of a glass rose stem. Right now I'm using this 6 inch long metal tube I found in my garage (its original purpose being completely unknown to me, as I found it just sitting there on a shelf in my garage), and the hits are significantly less harsh than when I was using a regular 4 inch (I think that's about what they typically measure) glass stem (having given my broken, 1-2 inch Pyrex stem to a friend, and shattering the last glass stem I was using as a pipe (a cheapo 6 dollar opaque blue meth bulb, with the bulb broken off (stepped on it accidentally, but luckily it only broke at the bulb end, leaving me with a tube perfect for smoking, about the same length and width as a typical shitty, weak, easily broken 99 cents glass rose), after telling myself, and my girlfriend that I was done with crack for good, at the time being more determined than ever, but the cravings quickly set in and I succumbed once more to the allure of the white demon barely a week past that day (when an addict wants what he wants, he'll get it no matter what, even with no proper pipe to smoke out of).

So, how could I get better hits out of this unusually long metal stem (I put this in italics because metal does indeed make a difference...can't see the smoke building up, can't see the resin collecting inside, so you have no clue what's stuck to the inside walls of the tube).
Is there any method more effective than the straight-shooter to get bigger hits? I've tried the bottle method once, rather unsuccessfully...any tips to make it work? I heard that's what they do over in the U.K. and other parts of Europe, where glass stems aren't as easily found in shops.

Now, on to the advice.
A few pointers on smoking technique: over the months, I've gradually come to perfect my smoking technique (assuming I'm smoking out of a regular size glass pipe (preferably Pyrex, like my previous straight-shooter...but even those progressively break, with enough heat applied to heat constantly...), and now I can get close to 20 fat bellringers out of a gram of rock (which isn't ridiculously expensive, and with my technique, a gram can last me up to 8 hours
NSFW:
(it does take at least a little willpower (i.e. not doing back to back hits and loading up dime rocks for each blast), but most of the time, if you hit it right, all your hits will provide you with a long-lasting, satisfying, smooth & mellow high after the intense initial rush subsides, being so chill that you won't even think or crave smoking anymore for up to an hour or more afterwards, although it's usually more in the 30 to 45 minute range, progressively getting shorter as you smoke more and fiend more...),
without even taking into account all the resin-smoking afterwards.

So anyways, here are the three stages of proper crack-smoking, in my experience:

Stage 1:
The pre-melt phase. Hold the stem, with a decent sized chunk (I use between 1/2 to 1/4 of a dime rock if I have plenty left, taking smaller hits as my stash slowly erodes away...) sitting on the chore, ideally not leaning against the sides of the tube, so as to melt all of the rock into the screen, not onto the sides of the glass. While doing this, just put the lighter on and off the rock, while twirling the stem back and forth (grip the pipe in the most comfortable way for you to twirl it gently without spilling the rock; you may have to switch your grip once you get to the smoking part). Now, when the rock has turned to goo and is nearing total meltdown
NSFW:
(you have a narrow time window to do this, but fortunately it's not a crucial part of the process, just an extra tip to closing in on the ultimate, "blast-you-to-the-moon" deafening rush of joy (12-second joy, but joy nonetheless, disregarding its extreme ephemerality and pathetically pitiful reward-to-effort ratio, yet any basehead will go to these lengths to achieve that very, very temporary yet cosmically blissful state of consciousness),
slowly tilt the pipe down so it's more or less level (parallel to the ground), which brings us to step 2 on the path to achieve that perfect, mouthwateringly delicious blast of smoke and vapor into your lungs.

Stage 2:
While the pipe is level, keep twirling it back and forth, but hold the lighter underneath the stem, leaving about half an inch of space between the top of the flame and the bottom of your cylindrical tube-shaped smoking utensil. Make sure to have the flame right under the exact spot that the screen is at (sometimes I'll have the flame a little too far back, messing things up a bit). If done right, you'll hear the trademark crackling sound of the cocaine vaporizing; it is at this point that you start inhaling (I usually have my lips already wrapped around the stem at the end of the first step, ready to inhale), slowly, very slowly.
As you do this, start slowly tilting your pipe down towards the ground, making the resin melt and flow down the inside walls of the stem. When the stem is nearly perpendicular to the ground (there's no need for it to be at a perfect 90 degree angle to the floor, although I know some people who do that religiously every time they take a puff), put the flame about half an inch from the end of the opening of the tube, not directly on the tip (and therefore on the screen and melted gooey cola goodness), just a little below, so the ambient heat from the top of the flame vaporizes the crack some more, and the crackling sound gets more intense and rapid. Now keep putting the flame close to the tip and pulling it away every other second, occasionally putting a direct flame to the screen for a second or two.
To finish off your hit, let's move on to the third and final step...

Stage 3:
When you feel your throat stinging and/or you're almost out of breath or feel like you're about to cough all that precious smoke out, quickly tilt the pipe directly upwards and inhale real strong to get all the remaining smoke out of the pipe. Now comes into play the most crucial part about getting the strongest hit possible: holding it in. We all know weed is almost fully absorbed within the first 5 seconds of reaching your lungs, and holding a weed hit in is usually rather pointless, giving nothing more than an unnoticeable slightly stronger high, but mostly just an oxygen deprivation high/rush (that dizzy feeling you get from holding your breath too long, which can kind of feel like a buzz, in the same sense that sniffing glue can give you a "buzz").
However, with crack, holding it in makes all the difference in the world. If you take two smokers, have one load about 3 dollars of crack into his pipe, and the other load a 10-dollar rock, but the 3-dollar guy holds his hit in at least 20 seconds or more, while the one-hit dime rock smoking dude holds his hit in less than 5 seconds, guess who's gonna get higher? The former, of course. Plus, he also benefits from not having wasted much product, if any at all, by loading an amount of cocaine his lungs can comfortably handle in one hit, while the 10-dollar guy exhales his hit while the pipe is still smoking from having loaded a huge-ass hit.
So yeah, hold your motherfucking hits in as long as possible (not to the point where you turn blue and hit the floor passed out, but, as a rule of thumb, I always aim for a minimum of 20 seconds, but 30 if possible. Holding it in more than 30 seconds produces no real noticeable difference, but holding it in less than 20 seconds significantly reduces the intensity of the highly prized & desired initial rush
NSFW:
(I enjoy a fat hit so much that I find it much more enjoyable, economic, and intensely pleasurable than shooting it, which requires at least half a dime of at least very decent stuff to get a good ear-ringing shot (so you buy a 20, and get 4 satisfying shots out of it, most likely all done within the hour...or you get a 20, and get 8-10 satisfying blasts out of it, and it can last you 3-4 hours easily if you have a bit of willpower on hand; now which one would you pick?)),
like the difference between holding it in 10 seconds and holding it in 20 seconds is huge, it feels like each second that passes gets you twice as high as you were the second before.

This concludes my "proper" crack-smoking tutorial/technique repertoire, feel free to correct me or include even more useful advice, any kind of feedback is appreciated. It saddens me that so many people immediately dismiss smoking and opt for shooting only (especially those who are already used to shooting, like most heroin addicts, for example, since heroin smoking is nowhere near as intense or enjoyable or economic as shooting, many people assume the same is true of crack cocaine...but it's not; even I, who always opts for the IV route whenever possible with pretty much any drug, and having had a year-long addiction to IV cocaine and year-long addiction to IV heroin (and many times combining both for a delicious speedball...another thing that takes a while to master, getting the correct amounts and ratio of heroin to cocaine down, for the perfect shot, I could write a whole tutorial about that too, if anybody asked me too, haha), settled for smoking crack 90% of the time rather than shooting it. I only shoot it when I have at least a gram, I'll do one or two nice fat shots a few hours apart, all the while smoking the rest. Oftentimes, I'll even regret shooting it, when it's all gone, thinking what I did in one shot could have contributed to at least 2-3 fat blasts from the pipe.

Anyways, I'm done saying what I had to say, and if a mod could make this thread the "official" crack discussion thread here on OD, that'd be nice too.

P.S. This entire post, which took around 45-50 minutes to write, without any breaks at all (except once to take a hit), was the result of a single large hit smoked 5 minutes prior to even getting on the computer, followed by a smaller hit (smoking the remains stuck on the chore, not even throwing in a new rock) about 40 minutes later or so after having started to write, and I'm still on cloud 9, not fiending at all for another blast. My technique works, trust me!

Last edited:
^I didn't have time to read through all of this yet but I wanted to address one thing you said...

I noticed just about every "mainstream" drug, and even a big handful of more obscure/exotic chemicals have their own "mega thread" (not as much here in OD as, say, in the psychedelic forum, where seemingly 95% percent of tryptamines/phenethylamines/any freakin' even remotely hallucinogenic chemical compound has its own dedicated official discussion topic, while here in OD, apart from heroin and maybe a couple others, we have no "megathreads."

In OD there are mega threads for cocaine, heroin, methadone, suboxone, methadone vs. suboxone, dilaudid, oxycontin, opana, kava kava, mephedrone, gabapentin, lyrica, antihistamines, benzos, poppy pods/seeds, Fentanyl and probably others I forgot.

I'll read through the rest of this when I have time. Good onya for the initiative though! That is always appreciated.

ahhh, ye olde crackhead, Everystar, starting a Crack Cocaine mega-thread...finally;) now you along with all the other paranoid, schizophrenic base fiends have a place to post all of your threads in OD.

cane said:
In OD there are many mega threads, to check them out please check out the OD Directory which is located in the top centered links on the home page of the OD forum

fixed:) or the links are available in my signature , directly linking you to save you any trouble at all by using the search engine

i'll add this thread into the directory:)

As bad as my posts make it seem, I'm not that much of a crackhead. I use maybe once or twice a week when I do use, and at times go several weeks without using, and then binge for a couple days before stopping again. It's just, every single time I do crack alone in my room at night, I have the urge to post on BL about crack. I used to do the same thing back in my IV coke days; just go through my posts, you'll see. I was also (and still am, recovering) a junkie, but I don't have that reputation because I rarely ever posted about heroin or how bad my addiction had become (much, much worse than any dependence I have to crack currently).
My drugs of choice are mainly my prescribed meds (temazepam, clonazepam and methadone, 30mg, 2mg, 100mg respectively, daily) and marijuana (smoked, not shot ;)). Crack is more of my guilty pleasure I indulge in once in a while when I can afford it without going too close to broke. I could never deal crack, though, I would go through my entire one-week supply in a couple of days, haha.

And my bad, it's just I've rarely seen any of these megathreads on the first page of OD, and none are stickied (I don't know if stickying megathreads is common protocol for you mods, but whatev haha), so I figured there were just a few.

At least this time I had the courtesy to put any and all stuff in parentheses in NSFW tags, to not interrupt the flow of the post, as my parenthetical posts usually tend to go on

i can see this turning into a crackhead social real quick.. not saying anything bad about anyone, just it will be fun to watch everyone tweaking out and then taking a break from the computer (because it has a camera on it) to go take another hit.

i can see this turning into a crackhead social real quick.. not saying anything bad about anyone, just it will be fun to watch everyone tweaking out and then taking a break from the computer (because it has a camera on it) to go take another hit.

exactly as HOOD put it in the "passing joke" sense as buddies (or junkies, or *insert other friendly term here*)

everystar said:
As bad as my posts make it seem, I'm not that much of a crackhead. I use maybe once or twice a week when I do use, and at times go several weeks without using, and then binge for a couple days before stopping again. It's just, every single time I do crack alone in my room at night, I have the urge to post on BL about crack. I used to do the same thing back in my IV coke days; just go through my posts, you'll see. I was also (and still am, recovering) a junkie, but I don't have that reputation because I rarely ever posted about heroin or how bad my addiction had become (much, much worse than any dependence I have to crack currently).

i'm sorry i seemed to have offended yourself as i didn't mean it in a begrudging way:) it was meant more a passing joke i threw toward you come backhanded thank you comment.

i'm still crashing from injecting quite a bit too much MDPV earlier this afternoon, so i know you're on a stim crash as well as myself =D i could definitely go a good dose of valium right now to help calm me down and finally get some proper sleep for the first night this week.

just about a 6 month break from any illicit stimulant, namely methamphetamine, and i go and do this the first time round on my PV trial - in a way i already kinda knew it was going to end like this. me all sick from not eating anymore than one full meal a day in the 3 days prior to dosing, thinking i'm going to be drop at the bottom of the hat with this splitting headache from being dehydrated and malnourished.

stimulants as potent and as moreish as MDPV and crack (for the sake of this thread) shouldn't be taken lightly especially in the act of hedonism, where self control is a hard thing to hold on to and keep under a healthy check.

Lefty said:
stimulants as potent and as moreish as MDPV and crack (for the sake of this thread) shouldn't be taken lightly especially in the act of hedonism, where self control is a hard thing to hold on to and keep under a healthy check.

Peevee fiending is even worse than crack fiending for me - pretty similar effect for me but lasts days rather than hours :|

Happy landings ;)

I also third or fourth or fifth or whateverth the idea of a Crack Megathread. Now I just need some crack for old time's sake... just this once... honest...

Added on-topic substance to post: Still my favourite way to smoke rock - anything more complicated is just unnecessary faffing for me. Homemade "ghetto" pipes ftw <3

Runner up...

NSFW:
crack_pipe203.jpg

Winner <3

NSFW:

Yeah - I can say a little more now. I consider myself a "borderline" crack head. Actually I have been keeping it under control but barely. Damn - I love the stuff. The high is fantastic especially when I do it with a little vodka. It is great to go after those wild mind-bending bellringers.

The past few years I probably averaged one session per week and since the beginning of the year trying to cut it back to 2-3 times per month. What I don't like is once I start smoking the supply I have, I don't stop until it is all gone. Also the stuff is too expensive. So far there has been no financial impact, that is that I have only spent money I currently have to smoke without dipping into my savings account nor selling anything.

Actually after this weekend I hope to take 2-3 months off from the stuff or maybe stop altogether. It'll be good for my health and finances.

Yeah - and this megathread is definately overdue and EveryStar did a fantastic job starting it especially with his detailed hints and tips.

this is awsome. I was wanting something like this. it would be really helpful for me also, if someone could do a step by step guide to cooking up crack with pictures. I'm not sure if that's allowed here, but I've seen similair guides with methylphenidate and other drugs.

Peevee fiending is even worse than crack fiending for me - pretty similar effect for me but lasts days rather than hours :|

Happy landings ;)

cheers, buddy;) imma damn well need it as well with all the back aches and leg/knee aches i'm starting to already feel in this "cooler" weather for where i live in aust.

this is awsome. I was wanting something like this. it would be really helpful for me also, if someone could do a step by step guide to cooking up crack with pictures. I'm not sure if that's allowed here, but I've seen similair guides with methylphenidate and other drugs.

by all means please post up a proper coke hcl > base and not just some ghetto home rig spoon full of bicarb, water and heat. i'm willing to bet on using the search engine bringing up some pretty decent crack cookng techniques.

i can't remember which user precisely but it's not that hard to find if i can unwillingly find it:)

i havnt smoked crack in years and a hardly indulged but this thread isnt a bad idea. what i liked was the idea of forums for more precise drugs or 'classes' rather than just OD, Psychs, etc.

Maybe opiates/opioids, benzos, tryptamines, phenethylamines, amphetamines, dissassociatives, cannabinoids, etc... but then the list could go on and on to SSRIs SNRIs, all kinds of shit. maybe all that other stuff i mentioned would go in the "other stuff" thread. *shrug*

i dunno, i think it would clear a lot of stuff up. sure would be a pain in the ass for the guy who moves all that shit around ;)

i'd do it if i was a mod... after i graduate, "retire", and have lots of free time =)

I actually turned down the chance to smoke some proper blow last night.

After reading this thread I can no longer resist!

Will be giving everystar's "smaller hit - longer hold in time" technique a try sometime soon.

The only thing I hate about it - is the fact I usually can't speak after taking a hit.
So I end up downing alcohol to rid the sketchyness.

Making your crack go farther & last longer = fiend less, non-stop 8 hour high cheap!

Yeah - I can say a little more now. I consider myself a "borderline" crack head. Actually I have been keeping it under control but barely. Damn - I love the stuff. The high is fantastic especially when I do it with a little vodka. It is great to go after those wild mind-bending bellringers.

The past few years I probably averaged one session per week and since the beginning of the year trying to cut it back to 2-3 times per month. What I don't like is once I start smoking the supply I have, I don't stop until it is all gone. Also the stuff is too expensive. So far there has been no financial impact, that is that I have only spent money I currently have to smoke without dipping into my savings account nor selling anything.

Actually after this weekend I hope to take 2-3 months off from the stuff or maybe stop altogether. It'll be good for my health and finances.

Yeah - and this megathread is definately overdue and EveryStar did a fantastic job starting it especially with his detailed hints and tips.

Thanks for the compliment, I figured most people would be like "Oh, another one of his coked up nonsensical ramblings (but they're so transparent and clear, these thoughts, there's just an absolute clarity in my mind about all the interconnected tangents of thoughts I go off into randomly and how it all relates to what I'm trying to ultimately express (like right now, even), and I love that; talking is my favorite activity with most stimulants, especially heart-to-heart talks and deep/philosophical/spiritual intelligent conversations with people, that always stimulates me nice and dandy.

Man, I ran out and I'm smoking the resin, sitting here in my room at the computer, alone in my house at 8:45 in the morning, after finally killing all of those three dime rocks I got and started smoking around 1:15 earlier this morning/last night (yes, I like to keep track of how long my sessions last and pace myself. It's kind of fun, actually, trying to beat my record and stuff each time I get into a smoking session with the set amount of crack I just purchased and no going to score a second time after.
I usually get 3 or 4 dime stones and make a night of it, unfortunately alone, by myself most of the time, in my house the whole time. It's not really a drug to do and go out and have an amazing time, it's more the kind of drug where all of the pleasure gotten is from doing more of the drug, solely its effects without the exterior elements affecting you, because you're solely focused on how damn fucking good you feel at that moment. But I've managed to nearly master it and control the temperament of the beast inside, the fiend that perpetually dwells in many of us' inner selves, telling me to do more, do it now, do it now, do it now! If I manage something to keep me occupied right as I put the pipe down, usually my computer since that's where I'm sitting & smoking at 95% percent of the time (too paranoid to do it outside even though it seems like a good idea, I feel the dog's watching me, all my neighbors are at their second story windows overlooking my yard, just watching me...plus there's that damn wind. Anyways it's all too much of a hassle and my ultra boosted dopamine levels, blood pressure, and heart rate all contribute to my distortion of reality in relatively unpleasant ways, yet manageable if you collect yourself and keep cool and think rationally.

But so, for example, tonight I copped a 30 (24 hour delivery service...shifts and all) around one, immediately smoked 3/4 of a dime, broke up into 2-3 chunks and got 6 or 7 great blasts. Then I put the pipe down, get back to whatever I was doing (I find it's best to actually be focused on something for a while before smoking. I usually just sit at my computer or watch TV while waiting for the product to be delivered, which can range from anywhere between 10 minutes up to 4 hours (usually takes about an hour from very first call to which I'm told "I'll be there in 20 minutes." and 30 minutes later nothing's happened and I call again and he doesn't answer, and I keep calling no answer, then 5 minutes later he calls me and tells me he's on his way now (like in the "Now I'm really on my way to you" kind of sense) and that he'll be there in 15. Sometimes he actually comes through within 10 minutes of that last call, sometimes he'll take 20 to 30 minutes, or even up to 45 minutes on a few occasions. Their all business and clearly don't care an ounce...no, a milligram, about their customers. They just see custies as giant walking & talking dollar bills, theirs for the taking.), which can be really aggravating sometimes, but they've been improving as of late. You wait much less if you have the means to come and meet them somewhere or come to one of their locations they have throughout that side of town. But anyways, back to the topic at hand; while waiting is the good moment to get involved and focused on something (usually involving the computer; never the TV, it's completely passive and impossible to watch while smoking. TV is reserved for downers and psychedelics.

Tonight, for instance, I was just playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for hours, got bored and gave in and bought 3 snow boulders (new word: snowbo, short for rocks of crack ---> snow boulders...snowboulders...snowbould...snowbo.), and then smoked some crack and kept playing till I got bored soon after. I felt the need to talk, to express myself by "vocalizing" my thoughts, on the Internet at least, since this was a rather lonely night compared to others. But crack nights are usually lonely nights.

Anyways, somehow, after smoking maybe 3-5 dollars worth of hard, taking a a quarter dozen nice bellringers and several finishing hits to cap it off. After that, I was set for a good hour where I got so entranced & enthralled into writing the original post for this thread, having this wonderful start to finish map of everything I want to express and bring attention, along with all the stream of consciousness-style tangents that pop up every now and then, and I follow the path of those tangents for a good while, going into sub-tangents and delving into deeper, more loosely related topics that are somehow interconnected to the main "point" or rather, topic of discussion in that specific paragraph. I try to remain concise, but somehow, it seems to me as if everything I'm articulating from the thoughts racing through my brain is perfectly worded and utterly fascinating, conveyed in the most efficient and satisfactory fashion. It's almost...--wow, I never realized this until now, even though many people have described it before--...it's almost as if I feel this godlike sensation of being and thinking, basically, everything I say or do feels absolutely perfect and right.
NSFW:
(Man since I smoked the last smokable bit of crack & crack residual by-product
NSFW:
(in both devices used as pipes tonight (until I decide to get a new pipe (preferably Pyrex, like the last one I bought, right before New Year's Eve, which I, incidentally, spent smoking crack on the down-low at a party. Paranoia running amok. Got walked in on while toking away sucking the glass dick, and kicked the door just in time before the offender most likely had time to even see anything. But many people suspected something wasn't "right" with me, that I was on something throughout the night (besides the socially accepted and unstigmatized all-powerful ethanol as well the all-knowing cannabis plant.) I also spent the following day or two, while my best friend was here visiting for 4 days, for New Year's, for the first time in 2 years. Those 3-4 days spent smoking crack (me only, he found it repulsive), definitely were not worth the deteriorated relationship.))),
I've smoked weed and popped 1mg Klonopin and took 90mg of methadone at the clinic around 3 hours ago (at 7 this morning, and the clock is now about to strike 10. The only other things I've taken in the last 24 hours are another 90mg of 'done yesterday morning, 1mg of Klonopin around 19h00 and 30mg temazepam around 21-22h), and I feel no cravings whatsoever, while still feeling nicely stimulated and real mellow. This is unusual, but received with a very warm welcome.)Then I count all the double and triple parentheses I've made going into these sub-tangents that I'm all keeping track of in real-time in my head, all those topics interconnected throughout that network of things we call "thoughts," occurring in our minds.

Doing stuff like this, talking to people on Facebook or another instant messaging utility, or simply talking on the phone or textingp passes the time quite quickly, and takes your mind off smoking/shooting any more for a long period, making the high much mellower and enjoyable, gradually going back to near-baseline before taking another hit, it makes it that much more satisfying to go from zero to one hundred in a matter of seconds, rather than just piling on your fading high by taking another hit, with added paranoia and anxiety from doing too much too fast, getting a weak rush, teasing you for a better & bigger one (this is all assuming you're by yourself...crack with other people usually just turns into a fiend-fest, everybody peeping out the window every other minute, some people I've noticed just prefer not to say anything and sit there, listening, in paranoia, or just get lost their thoughts and stare into the nothing, that lost gaze painted upon their faces. Some, especially in crackhouses, where there's usually 5+ people in there at all times, there's usually a couple of people who walk around back and forth, talking to nobody or to themselves, or to you, and fixing up your hair and doing that crack shuffle and sweeping the floor and cleaning the counter, taking a blast every six minutes past. This is usually the worst, and most commonly seen on the streets and in low income, drug-filled neighborhoods. So although crack tends to promotes sociability, energy, and talkativeness, it often has the opposite effect, making people retreat into themselves, a shell of themselves, filled with paranoia and silent anguish. How paradoxical.).

Fuck crack.
Maybe I should be a writer or something.

Still high and stimulated, for some reason, hours after my last "real" bellringer hit, with a few very, very mild "bottom of the barrel" resin hits giving me some mild stimulation. But even the last time I touched the pipe was a good while ago. Probably around 45 minutes or so, I've been looking at the clock a few times an hour, and one minute it's 8h27, the next it's 9h42. But it's great to still be high. The clonazepam, methadone and marijuana are cushioning, and straight-up completely masking the comedown, if I'm even perceiving any...not much decrease in stimulation, focus, energy, and awareness, just a strong decrease in anxiety, edginess and such, and making the whole experience much more mellow & jovial, while having this feeling of coziness attached to it, like everything is all right in the world and I'm at peace with myself (it's a subtle feeling, but it's there...it comes from within, it's more than just the drug producing this effect, you have to put yourself into that state of mind. This inner peace and comfort is what I consider to be one of the main euphoric characteristics of benzodiazepines, and is what makes them so special to me, since I've always been a rather anxious person, it's such a relief, it's fabulous. Like shooting a big bag of dope when you're horribly sick.).

Yeah dude - I am with you on that - I normally smoke my crack alone too - not really a social drug to me like meth is. Sometimes I can get into partying with someone else especially if they are into "fooling around" sexually while we take a few blasts.

I printed out your original post and I am going to see if I can improve my own technique and get more out of it this weekend.

Great thread, I learned a few things. I prefer crack to IV coke, very much so. To me, nearly same rush and a cleaner high, more contemplative and reflective I've found. I can keep the cravings down as well (i.e., every 20-40 minutes if I try). A big factor for me is I don't have to shoot up, which is great, because I've never been able to shake the personal revulsion and feeling of how demented and disgusting that act is. That's just my opinion of myself shooting up, not my opinion of anyone else who does it.

Added on-topic substance to post: Still my favourite way to smoke rock - anything more complicated is just unnecessary faffing for me. Homemade "ghetto" pipes ftw <3

Runner up...

NSFW:
crack_pipe203.jpg

Winner <3

NSFW:

I just use a piece of foil, a few inches squared, and a tooter to smoke mine - It works surprisingly effective! :) You don't waste any due to touching it with the naked flame and you get it all in one. It's nice to use as a sort of "Speedball" too by adding a bit of H to the powdery pile ;)

Most of the crack dealers I knew who weren't total fuck-ups chased it on foil, Monsta. You won't get the massive bellringers that you do with a pipe or a pin but it runs forever so stretches further and is way less fiendish. I do <3 my bellringers though 8)

I first tried smokin rock when I was in high school. I haven't had it in a couple years. I used to smoke it a couple times a week....

IMO, it's the worst comedown ever. It's the most harmful drug on the planet. The world that you live in, your imagination, your daydreams, and all happy thoughts that you use to distract yourself from the boredom of life, that world is closed off for many hours after smoking crack. I hate that feeling. Crack sucks the joy out of life. Too much, too fast.