• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Damiana and paranoid psychosis

purplehaze901

Greenlighter
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask here about the herb Damiana i dont know if I’m overthinking this, but I’m reluctant to take it because I have paranoid psychosis. I see that it has active ingredient yohimbine which is a MAO-A inhibitor.

I also noticed it is not hallucinogenic until 200grams or more. But I’m worried that if I get the dose wrong it would have an affect like THC.. (where I don’t even know where I am)

It’s a drink called Three spirit it’s mixed with cacao schisandra and guyasia herbs.

Im really just looking for an alcohol alternative that would be safe to me with my mental health condition, but Monoamines to a psychotic mind might be a bad idea.

What do ya’ll think…anybody know about monoamines?

You can purchase pure Damiana capsules without that other crap…

Damiana is used as a drink usually (like Kava) in a way similar to cannabis….mild euphoriant properties and pro sexual effects, great substance.

Damiana with cannabis is great 👍

I don't think damiana the herb has any yohimbine, unless I am mistaken.

Yohimbine is some nasty stuff, anxiogenic and gross stimulation.

I take damiana 800mg caps on a daily basis to combat panic attacks. There's nothing else in it other than damiana. After about a week and a half it loses it's effectiveness. Because of that I alternate between damiana and 4 other herbs of that type that all stop the panic attacks.