• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering (Diazepam) No matter how slow I go, it’s just not enough...

Here it is if you're interested
The majority of people seemed to actually make massive recoveries. Even if they didn’t hit 100%, the common thread for virtually everyone was that they were much better than they were with the benzo. I have gone slow enough that PAWS shouldn’t be a major concern, it’s really just a matter of training my mind and body to function without them.

My biggest task is going to be putting myself into situations that I freak out in. Like the grocery store.

Of course the nonsense with masks and shit isn’t going to help me cope with the world AT ALL so we will see what happens.

Indeed most recovered but currently suffering from high anxiety and sometimes even paranoid thoughts

Good luck brother

Figured it was time to check in.

I am still doing my thing. Down to 1.36mg now. It’s very slow going, not helped by the fact it’s been hot as fuck in Denver and our AC doesn’t work well, but I am sticking with it.

I have been craving salty snacks like crazy and of course whenever I actually eat them, I feel like death, even when they’re something like pretzels that don’t have MSG in them so that has been a struggle.

Also am having to go without my personal care assistance until next Friday since my roommates went camping with someone who tested positive for coronavirus. None of us have symptoms but we can’t afford $150 a pop to find out if we have it or not so I just let the agency cancel my services for 14 days while we all self quarantine. That whole ordeal surprisingly hasn’t stressed me out or really affected my anxiety at all. I suppose if I actually spent more time with the roommates I would be a bit more concerned but all of us have mental health issues so we tend to do “social distancing” on our own anyway.

The world has gone completely nuts though. My agoraphobia is worse than ever between coronavirus and protests/riots. We have had a pretty big uptick in shootings in Denver although fortunately my suburb seems okay for now. Definitely doesn’t make me want to go outside though and I told my therapist she won’t be seeing me in the office for quite awhile so we have just been doing Zoom sessions.

Despite the world around me melting down, I have cut from 1.6mg to 1.36mg since May.