• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dimethocaine - the "larrikin" relative of cocaine

Is this substance illegal/legal to import as a lab research chemical (not for human consumption) then?? After reading the appropriate literature and here and other places I can't see it as being classed as an Analogue and it is not scheduled. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I was thinking of setting up a thread dedicated entirely to RC's and things like this which (with input from bluelight experts in the fields of chemistry and law) would make some as close to definitive answers on the legal status (in each state and country wide) of these substances as possible, in the view to educating and empowerment through knowledge. (with a disclaimer acknowledging the fact that the legal status is an educated opinion and not to be used as gospel)
Rather then having to wade through countless pages of quite often simply opinions of the said drugs effects or validity as a recreational substance, which is important, but not always helpful to someone searching for the legal status.
Would the bluelighter's here believe that would be useful or would that be setting a dangerous precedent?

Just a quick repost of something I posted in the Dimethocaine discussion in ADD. I didn't exactly get an answer to this, and the responses seemed to turn into unrelated coca tea talk!

Hopefully someone here may be able to answer?

"Originally Posted by agram View Post
From my few experiences with extremely pure and uncut (roughly 90% plus, from the top of the 'drug food chain' and very crystaline in appearance) Cocaine HCL, there seems to be almost none of that speedy rush that shitty Cocaine provides. A wonderful experience, as I don't much like speedy rushes. Very little shaking, quite relaxing (paradoxically?) and much less 'fiending'.

I was wondering if - despite the comparitive lack of potency - Dimethocaine provides more of that effect, rather than the speedy high of poor quality/cut Cocaine HCL?

Any reports of a less speedy effect? I think it would be much more preferable to street/cut/impure Cocaine HCL. If it has a less speedy effect, slight ego boost but far less potency (I usually prefer subtle stims these days, if at all) then I think it may be extremely nice occasional alternative.

Would love to hear peoples opinions on this"

I'm certainly not looking to indulge too much, but I do like the prospect of a more longer lasting and more subtle 'cocaine' experience with less fiending from time to time. It seems that most cocaine available seems to be cut with some sort of speedy drug, which keeps me awake and not in a pleasant way. With the pure-ish and uncut Cocaine HCL that I have experienced, I have never had any trouble sleeping afterwards.

Does anybody with experience here of the substance that would be able to answer my question? Even if people do not have direct experience, something based on theory would be great also.

Many thanks!

would it be possible to freebase lets call it "DMC" for short.. into crack? that'd be neat...

From the Merck index, both the salt and freebase are solids at room temp, but whether or not it would decompose before vapourising is another matter...

my question was more, could i crackify it the gangsta way (water, heat, bicarb?) I've seen the stuff becoming alot more available lately... figure i might try a gram some time

^ now if answered that, you probably wouldn't even bother looking at the chemistry involved, now would you? ;)

One thing that needs mentioning - unless you've positive reports from those who've consumed the fb by this method, then you need to exercise considerable caution, as the fb could be irritating to mucous membranes at the best, and very nasty on the lungs at worst. It may turn out to be relatively harmless, but without some reference, you never know.

Last edited:
aww c'mon... it's just that normal coke hcl is so expensive its not funny, this would be a welcome alternative.

I'm curious about the effects of freebase Dimethocaine also, whether or not i'll ever come across any Dimethocaine is another story

I have just tried dimethocaine for the first time.

The effects are somewhat similar to cocaine in that I was incredibly chatty, but different in that there was limited euphoria. I very stupidly continued to re-dose with a friend for about 8 hours.

After waking from a very restless sleep, I am now experiencing heaviness in the chest, as well as irregular heart-beats. I have also had other unpleasant sensations in my chest. My friend has also come out in a rash all over his body, although doesn't feel ill in any way and is not experiencing heart problems. I'm pretty confident that I do not need to go see a doctor, however I have learnt my lesson!

Just thought I would let you guys know that you've been very correct about the cardio-toxicity.

HEED MY WARNING PEOPLE!

Enjoy your day :))

I have just tried dimethocaine for the first time.

The effects are somewhat similar to cocaine in that I was incredibly chatty, but different in that there was limited euphoria. I very stupidly continued to re-dose with a friend for about 8 hours.

After waking from a very restless sleep, I am now experiencing heaviness in the chest, as well as irregular heart-beats. I have also had other unpleasant sensations in my chest. My friend has also come out in a rash all over his body, although doesn't feel ill in any way and is not experiencing heart problems. I'm pretty confident that I do not need to go see a doctor, however I have learnt my lesson!

Just thought I would let you guys know that you've been very correct about the cardio-toxicity.

HEED MY WARNING PEOPLE!

Enjoy your day :))

How much did you consume over those 8 hours?

My friend has also come out in a rash all over his body, although doesn't feel ill in any way and is not experiencing heart problems.

Twice in my life I've drunk excessive amounts of Red Bull, about a litre a day for a few weeks, and ended up with a similar-sounding rash. It covered my entire body except genitals and face.

The first time it happened, I went to the doctor and she diagnosed guttate psoriasis. There was nothing she could give me to remove the rash, and said it would take up to six weeks to clear up.

The second time it happened I went on a sunbed for a bit and that really helped clear it up much faster.

Does that sound like what happened to your friend?

TBH I don't necessarily trust the doctor's diagnosis, but the fact it was cleared up by UV rays is very like eczema, psoriasis etc.

DMC is a shit substance, not worth any kind of recreational exploration. Not too bad as a numbing agent, but we have enough cocaine-esque drugs to deal with that.

Last edited:
I remember someone saying dmc and 4flurococaine, is better than coke... what do you people think