View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT microdosing, practical?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I was curious of others experiences with this. I have access to a DMT cart that I'll probably grab Saturday. I'm also probably just going to fucking launch myself into another dimension the same day, for better or worse. I had a traumatic bad trip last year but when I compare that to how 2022 as a whole has been, it's like an ant vs. an elephant. This has been the worst year of my life, and I've decided that this summer, I want to psychedelically lobotomize myself.

Either way, I noticed in the past when I did puffs of a cart that it seemed I noticed an improvement in my mood the next day even if I felt hardly anything. I know tolerance to DMT resets in like an hour so maybe it is a more sustainable way to microdose. I don't know of anyone with a large supply of LSD so that's off the table, but I will probably do some mushrooms this summer as well.

Although difficult I think you could break through with a cart. I was barely able to get too far with a friend of mines, but I have a pen from my local dispensary that I tested one of his carts with last fall and it ripped so hard that I accidentally was tripping balls, so I think his mod was just weak or something.

I was curious of others experiences with this. I have access to a DMT cart that I'll probably grab Saturday. I'm also probably just going to fucking launch myself into another dimension the same day, for better or worse. I had a traumatic bad trip last year but when I compare that to how 2022 as a whole has been, it's like an ant vs. an elephant. This has been the worst year of my life, and I've decided that this summer, I want to psychedelically lobotomize myself.

Either way, I noticed in the past when I did puffs of a cart that it seemed I noticed an improvement in my mood the next day even if I felt hardly anything. I know tolerance to DMT resets in like an hour so maybe it is a more sustainable way to microdose. I don't know of anyone with a large supply of LSD so that's off the table, but I will probably do some mushrooms this summer as well.

Although difficult I think you could break through with a cart. I was barely able to get too far with a friend of mines, but I have a pen from my local dispensary that I tested one of his carts with last fall and it ripped so hard that I accidentally was tripping balls, so I think his mod was just weak or something.
Need advice

Are you asking me if I need it or asking me to give you advice?

Getting back to this tho, I kind of ditched the idea of microdosing a bit. I did get the pen, and a 5 second pull can make me feel great. Cozy, euphoric, warm. Like a weed highs sister cousin. But I've been opting to just go further, Saturday night I tripped serious balls. That's what's nice about the pen, you get over the initial shock, and then you can hit it again. I repeated this to the point where I tripped for a solid 10-15 minutes followed by insane laughter that probably could've woken my neighbors. I seem to laugh at the end of every trip, kind of like nervousness escaping me, but I'm not really sure.

Saturdays trip was very extreme visual wise and I could see my skin melting off my body, which also appeared very alien like. I started off looking at my feet and saying to myself what ARE THOSE THINGS??? They were really confusing me. By the end of the trip it almost felt like there was puke in my throat. Sometimes I experience nausea from the anxiety it can produce (I'm emitaphobic which makes that worse) but that trip didn't make me anxious. The visuals were insane, I didn't think a pen could get you that far. There was definitely a lot of like, phlegm though, probably because the pen is quite harsh on my throat and the repeated ripping of it likely built some of that up.

It's been a bit hit or miss sense then. I had some strong visuals last night but not for more than like, 2 minutes. I was lead to believe DMT tolerance resets after 1 hour but it almost seems like I've developed a tolerance in general. Probably just depends on a lot of factors. It seems the experience always feels about the same physically but the visuals seem to vary a lot. Things always seem to become "smaller" or "thinner" though

Last edited:
Well, if you consider that there are no conclusive studies that demonstrate that micro-dosing is effective at the moment, that's kind of an answer.
The only "evidence" is lots of anecdotes. Not from well-designed studies that incorporate appropriate sample sizes, measurable and repeatable parameters, control groups, etc. So from an evidence based, scientific point of view, there is no conclusive data that micro-dosing is effective. And "I feel different" or "I like it" or "It works for me" are not evidence, but again, anecdotes.

Microdosing DMT is only beneficial for people who suffer from debilitating cluster-esque migraines, like myself.

Low doses work well as an antidepressant for me, best when combined with a low dose of ketamine. The k brings about the maturation of new neurons and then DMT follows up with actual neurogenesis which kicks in about as the K’s neurons are on their last leg. These are low, still psychoactive, doses though.

-GC

The darknet is your friend...

Sure - getting a hit of DMT smoked will definately have some kind of afterglow. Probably not as good as LSD which would last you a whole day tho.

lol, care to DM me some deets? I know there are some websites that actively sell psychedelics but something seems shady about it being so out in the open.