• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Do you always notice if you miss a shot?

Cockbars

Greenlighter
Hi, i made thread also yesterday how ive been using same dull needle since thursday bcs the holidays so the needle exhchange isnt open till tomorrow. I shot buprenorphine, which was filtered with old sterifilt and found very hard to register vein, and didnt got any blood out even in new spots i tried to hit so that got me little concerned. Is that normal? I always stop pushing if i feel pain, irritations or anything and i know im not in vein, but after awhile i hitted old spot, was pretty deep and slowly pushed the plunger, didnt felt any pain, it didnt felt like i wasnt in vein so i just go for it. Afterwards, i started to think that was i in vein after all bcs usually the site has always swelled, been hard, got lump or smthing. But the site doesnt really show any ”symptoms” from missing, but im still thinking bcs i couldnt register and the needle is old, would it be that i still miss? Can missed shot show signs later? The site is pretty scarred, i can put a picture above and it feels hard, but it does like every dull needle hit i have in my arms, i think those are just scartissue. Thank you if you respond and have some insight, and sorry if this is asked before! Just little concerned, lately ive been reckless with the hygienw and stuff, im pretty hypocondriac so i always assume the worst and think i have like enthecorditis or sepsis now or abcess
D137-B78-A-C34-A-4-C3-F-92-D3-2-B48561-E0426.jpg

I answered your question in the other thread you made about this. If you aren't seeing blood in the syringe when you pull the plunger back you are not in the vein.

I answered your question in the other thread you made about this. If you aren't seeing blood in the syringe when you pull the plunger back you are not in the vein.

Yeah, i think so but i have always had very bad veins even before i started shooting, very slippery and my blood is always been very thick. I think the rig after few times i boiled it and the plunge, the shape started to change and it pissed little bit of the liquid out of the syringe before it got to the rig, but yeah i felt that i was in vein, atleast i was sure it popped but the needle is very dull like i said. I should have just snorted it, but i alfeady made the fix so i did what i did. But i havent seen the typical signs of missing, not swelling or lumps or heat. Hope it will be alright.

Can missing cause usually any kind of bacteria blood infections or just abcesses and those kind of things? Thank ylu for you reply

This, simple as that folks.

You miss you'll get a lump OR God forbid if you have an idiot off his nut on cheap Cider & 10mg Diazepam who shoots 0.4ml into an artery in your arm ;)
#SausageFingers =D ;)

Yeah, i think so but i have always had very bad veins even before i started shooting, very slippery and my blood is always been very thick. I think the rig after few times i boiled it and the plunge, the shape started to change and it pissed little bit of the liquid out of the syringe before it got to the rig, but yeah i felt that i was in vein, atleast i was sure it popped but the needle is very dull like i said. I should have just snorted it, but i alfeady made the fix so i did what i did. But i havent seen the typical signs of missing, not swelling or lumps or heat. Hope it will be alright.

Can missing cause usually any kind of bacteria blood infections or just abcesses and those kind of things? Thank ylu for you reply
Yes it can cause bacterial infections. Not sure about in the blood, but especially with buprenorphiine, if you're using brand name or generic suboxone, you will have citric acid in with your buprenorphine.

Bacteria love artificial flavorings and citric acid.

People end up with gangrene or other things and have their limbs amputated because of shooting buprenorphine. It's not worth it.

Yes it can cause bacterial infections. Not sure about in the blood, but especially with buprenorphiine, if you're using brand name or generic suboxone, you will have citric acid in with your buprenorphine.

Bacteria love artificial flavorings and citric acid.

People end up with gangrene or other things and have their limbs amputated because of shooting buprenorphine. It's not worth it.

I’ using only filtered subutex. And yeah, i know it isnt worth it and i am really trying to quit now again, it is just the fucking needle addiction i developed. I also thought about that when i registered today with this shot, like yesterday i got those blood flakes again after registering, like small particles off it and im sure it isnt the old blood from the rig bcs i washed it so good so is any of you guys idea what kind of sign that could be if blood looks like that? There was only small bits of those

Really nothing else besides better BA and it starta working faster, there isnt really any kind of rush beside the wd’s goes away faster. If i dont have tolerance it can give a bit off rush but yeah. Pretty fucking stupid thing to do.
You ever seen the documentry called "Reindeerspotting: Escape from Santaland"?

They are all addicted to Bupe & shoot it, maybe something you will be interested in watching.

They are all addicted to Bupe & shoot it, maybe something you will be interested in watching.

Sure ive seen, im from finland also haha. That is classic finnish junkie scene movie. I actually have met some of the guys from that movie who made it out alive, Jani, who was the main charachter in that was found hanged in Cambodia or some other country like that. Sad sad story

I never miss anymore, ever since I got my technique down finally and no longer have to readjust my hand after injecting and registering to shoot.

When I was occasionally missing, I always felt it. I don't understand how people can keep injecting after they are missing because to me it is actually agonisingly painful, with meth at least.

Imo, you have to be deliberately doing it to miss more than a fraction of a shot. I've missed before then immediately stopped shooting, taken the rig out, then tried again and gotten a good shot off. It isn't that hard. If you're in you're in and if you're out you're out.

Missing isn't just bad for your arms in terms of possibly becoming an abscess, it's also pointless and stupid because you waste the rush of the drug.

If you feel yourself starting to miss, or notice any signs of it (bubbling skin where the injecting site is, a raised lump) then for God's sake STOP INJECTING, pull the rig out, and try again somewhere else. Don't just shove it in hoping it will magically get into the vein. It doesn't work like that.

To echo the above poster: yes, of course I always feel even a tiny miss, especially with amphetamine — although these days a missed shot is such a rare occurrence for me that I can't actually recall the last time it happened; it was more than a year ago, that's for sure.

yeah every time something was amiss i would immediately know it sometimes did it anyway and paid for it in some way.
did teach me how to inject with common sense. lol
Always da best

thanks for the link, im enthralled with all that im finding, watching reindeerpotting now

To echo the above poster: yes, of course I always feel even a tiny miss, especially with amphetamine — although these days a missed shot is such a rare occurrence for me that I can't actually recall the last time it happened; it was more than a year ago, that's for sure.
I miss all the damn time but that's because I always have to float whenever I inject. I cannot float to save my life!