• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you regret taking drugs?

Is there any particular drug that you wish you never started?

If you could quit drugs all together with ease and no comedown and withdrawrel and be tt clean, would you?

Also..what is your main reoccurring drug?
I wish I'd never gotten into ketamine. I ended up with several episodes of psychosis from it, and possibly messed up my bladder slightly. Currently I'm sober but was using a fair amount of drugs for a while. In the past I tended to always go back to ketamine and acid but now I have to be careful to stay clear of pills like xanax and percocet. That has been a recent development as I've gotten older.

Sadly I can't say drugs really added anything positive to my life but that may also be because I had an underlying mental condition.

I had an incident when I was a child, this was abuse related. I always suspected something like this but didn’t knew. Now I got informed that I got handed 50mg of mescaline when I was 7. I suffer some chronic temperature problems in my head area, sweat very easily and generally have problems when moving faster. No problems mentally or anything relating my character though.

I totaly hear you i get the same look when i tell pals heroin saved my marriage and a lengthy prison sentence . My marriage by stopping the coke fuelled maddness of out all night cheating on wife and prison sentence by stopping the anger and hurt letting me cope the best i could. In the last 16 odd years the only time i cant cope is when i stop not wds i can get through them but the paws the depression the fatigue no decided it like medicine for me i am a husband a father a son and brother again .

Its sad that the govermant rather you die then letting you have a script for what you need but cheap booze and spirits are allowed despite being a bigger drain on public finance

Last edited:
I have been to addicted to drugs for 32 years before I got cleaned up in 2018. I like drugs I really do. I think they help. There isn’t a drug I haven’t tried, got hooked on pain pills a real severe addiction of 8 years. Many prescriptions and most were PRN. I love them. I feel absolutely amazing on them, and those were the ones that turned me upside down. Completely wrecked my life. But that’s me…pain pills are a no go for me anymore. I’m not a fan of meth at all. I like depressants.

I wish I never tried adderall. 21 years ago. I envy those who are not stuck in my situation. My tolerance and dependence are beyond what clinical help is available. My brain cannot create dopamine without it. I don’t get positive effects anymore I need it just to stay employed and get half ass dressed in the morning. Without it I don’t function at all and I can’t stop sleeping can’t find the will to stand up can’t leave the house- and those withdrawal symptoms do not get better with 6+ months of abstinence.

I cannot go 6 months laying in bed with no dopamine no income and the suicidal ideation is too real . Let alone 2 years and possibly the rest of time.

But my minimum functional dose is twice the amount any doctor is legally able to prescribe. So on top of my 60mgs a day I spend about 500 - 900$ a month so I don’t no call no show to work.

I don’t save money. I work so I can buy enough adderall to continue working so that I can buy adderall.

My life is barely fucking livable. This addiction has been from age 14 and I’m 35 now. My brain is severely fucking damaged and yet this is the best place I could be in terms of hope for my life because I don’t feel suicidal every second of every day, so so long as I’m alive and my mom doesn’t have to come to my suicide funeral I have to keep fucking taking Adderall the way I do – unless somebody knows of anybody out there Who can help me but I won’t hold my breath
Adderall doesn't create Dopamine, it stimulates the release of Dopamine by acting like an amine neurotransmitter itself. Hence the name Amphet-amine.

If your Dopamine levels are low, then you either need Tyrosine amino acid supplementation or a diet that's rich in Tyrosine. Dopamine won't just magically restore itself once you abstain from Adderall. Your brain requires L-Dopa in order to form the catecholamine neurotransmitters and Tyrosine is synthesised into L-Dopa through a hydroxylation process triggered by the Tyrosinase enzyme.

The process can take a few months, but you need to abstain from Adderall completely and consume a good amount of Tyrosine each and every day. Any excess Tyrosine the brain doesn't require will be broken down.

I just think that if I didn't use drugs my life would be different,
better or worse.
The basic difference would have been the use of my time,
would I used it more "efficiently", getting into constructive things like art or knowledge? Or maybe just another kind of addiction like sex or similar?

We'll never know..

This. 100 percent this.
I stopped drinking altogether once I started taking a low dose of opiates and it literally saved my life. Now granted I have a pain condition so perhaps drinking was also a form of self-medicating. The direction I was headed on booze was frightening, I was a train wreck. I was able to get an advanced degree, hold jobs, be a wife, a wonderful and present mother, daughter, and so much more. Do I hate that I have to rely on a drug to help me feel ok? Yes, yes I hate that part. But the alternative feels worse. And truthfully, people rely on all sorts of drugs all of the time (heart pills, cholesterol, antidepressants, caffeine, even sex).

My biggest regret is how society doesn’t set people up for success to begin with. There’s all this talk about help lines and treatment for mental health crisis, but I called one of those lines at one of the darkest times in my life and was told I’d essentially be called out on my medical chart for the rest of my life. I’d have a notation for anyone to see that would follow me. I certainly wasn’t going to fall for a life of stigmatization and judgment by every doctor’s office I set foot into for infinitude.

Excuse my French, but the US is so fucked when it comes to helping people psychologically and emotionally. Not to go on a complete tangent, but our obsession with consumerism and frivolity and social media and pretentiousness and work-obsessed and our fixation on gluttony and capitalism.. yada yada, has resulted in a generation of anxious and unhappy people. Sucks.
I wont go to the dr once you get that red flag of addict they will treat you like shit

I one of those people who are chemcially challenged so of course I do but what else was I gonna do?
You mean adhd or worse?
I have adhd but I realized not so long ago, when I discovered that it was like a thousand hammers in my brain claiming: "ok, now all makes sense...!!!", including "toxic" or thrill-seeking behaviours.

I absolutely regret getting into opiates. Trying codeine was pretty harmless, so was my tiny bit of dabbling with oxy, but then later on moving to a city where I suddenly found heroin and subs more easily available than even weed the whole thing spiralled out of control quicker than I was able to notice. Lost interest in most things that used to bring joy and meaning to life, caused a lot of pain for the people who care about me and did a lot of damage to the relationship with my GF.

I also was about 12 years old when I first started drinking alcohol, that was pretty dumb. When I was 18-20 I drank way too much and did a lot of stupid things and it sure did not do my mental health any favors.

Cannabis was for the most part OK, but my time as a daily stoner made me lazy and disinterested and I'd say it played a pretty big role in not finishing my education and getting on with adult life when I feel like I should have, so I regret that pattern of use anyway.

heroin is quite the mind expanding drug.... but not really in such a good way, I'd argue.
mind 'expanding' -? I've found it consolidating, which is why I like it. About the last thing I need from any substance is to be split from reality and start hallucinating shit that's not there. My mental state is unstable at the best of times.

chances are I would be more fucked up. Just different way. If we look at different reference groups I belong to, it is wonder I am at this point in the first place. No way without drugs.

But I dunno if it is only for different entheogenic substances which have been highly therapeutic. And weed also for its hypnotic effects. Maybe I would have also blown my brains to the wall without some of the more "boring" drugs. Dunno. There has been lots of addiction behaviour and some damage, sure.

Also I am addicted to my stories about this self-continuum-illusion called "me".