• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does anyone ever get rolling flashbacks?

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Let me explain. I have these songs, a short playlist of them, that I would listen to on repeat when I was rolling. And I have done this nearly every roll (at home, not at a rave, obviously) since I started rolling in 1998. So I was cleaning tonight and I had my music on, streaming to my hearing aids so it sounds like I’m actually at a concert, and one of these songs came up (was listening at random to all of my music.) And I abruptly felt like I WAS rolling, even though I haven’t taken anything…my palms got sensitive and I shuddered and gasped, it was an intense but brief sensation…has anyone else experienced this?? If I weren’t tryna stay sober in the hopes of getting pregnant, I’d probably pop some of the stuff I’ve got now (if it turns out we didn’t succeed this cycle, I wanna finish that shit up so that it’s not a temptation, lol!)

I think years and years of rolling to these exact same songs has caused a kind of placebo effect? My brain associates a certain sensation with this sensory input?

Let me explain. I have these songs, a short playlist of them, that I would listen to on repeat when I was rolling. And I have done this nearly every roll (at home, not at a rave, obviously) since I started rolling in 1998. So I was cleaning tonight and I had my music on, streaming to my hearing aids so it sounds like I’m actually at a concert, and one of these songs came up (was listening at random to all of my music.) And I abruptly felt like I WAS rolling, even though I haven’t taken anything…my palms got sensitive and I shuddered and gasped, it was an intense but brief sensation…has anyone else experienced this?? If I weren’t tryna stay sober in the hopes of getting pregnant, I’d probably pop some of the stuff I’ve got now (if it turns out we didn’t succeed this cycle, I wanna finish that shit up so that it’s not a temptation, lol!)

I think years and years of rolling to these exact same songs has caused a kind of placebo effect? My brain associates a certain sensation with this sensory input?

Absolutely. There are certain tracks (usually 90s trance) that I strongly associate with mdma and when I hear them, I feel like I'm coming up on a pill. Definitely a Pavlovian response...

Oh my god girl! Yes!

And it's exactly from music.

Like if there was a a great song playing at a rave and I was coming up like crazy and had an awesome time and then I hear it again on a mixtape or something it's like. Oh my god I'm back at the rave!

Every time I hear Got The Groove by SM Trax, I flashed back to rolling in the car. I flash back to the house parties because that was my song. I heard it at one rave and my brother actually tracked down the track of SM Trax.

Makes me remember the good times when me and my brother got along. He hasn't spoken to me in almost 13 years, he won't take my calls.

And I used to listen to The Box by Orbital all the time. If I was rolling at home, I was definitely listening to The Box at least five times.

Thinking about listening to The Box is giving me goosebumps and tingles, and my nipples are actually getting sensitive like I'm getting ready to come up on a roll.

Literally right now as I'm talk texting this.

All the time. Throw on a jam, or talk with an old buddy about a certain time. I haven't rolled in 5 years .

Oh yea. Honestly it’s having that little piece of it always with me that makes life a little easier to tolerate. I have (and can) experience something only a select portion of the population has been able to experience.

Usually what will happen is after a really good festival for a week after I can’t really listen to music, anything sounds like garbage compared to what I had just heard. But then after that if I listen to tracks from that festival I’ll get brought back big time. Certain tracks are burned into me though. Like this one…. I remember rolling hard dancing on a beach to this one.

-GC