• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does anyone not recommend mixing weed + oxycodone?

sadmachine

Bluelighter
I've had some really bad experiences with mixing weed with mdma, meth, shrooms and lsd in the past.

Took a 20mg oxy 6 hours ago, and 12 hours before that a 1mg clonazepam. I'm totally 0 tolerance to both benzos and opiates. I've been taking 1mg clonaz the past 9 days (today is the day I'm stopping to avoid withdrawls/rebound) and smoking weed with it is is amazing, totally eliminated any and all anxiety from my high one.

Only taken opiates a handful of times over the years and today wasnt a very good experience. Didnt really get much euphoria and felt quite anxious the whole time, 6 hours later I feel a little bit spun out/on edge, almost like i'm coming down off a stimulant. I've got a sneaking suspicion if I smoked weed I might really freak out or have a bad time.

Has anyone else had any bad experiences mixing opiates with weed?

It sounds like you're a naturally anxious person, ie the kind of person who will invariably have anxiety issues with weed, ie me. I understand the urge to smoke and get that hyper focus but the anxiety just isn't worth it, if i'm off base just stop me.

That being said, even though weed is an impending panic attack 9/10 times for me, it always makes a euphoric combo with opiates. Sometimes it adds an unwanted edge to opiates though, so if you're already feeling stimulated from oxy it's probably best you skip the weed.

I'm also someone who's brain chemistry is very synergistic with opiates, so I get very euphoric on them and that feeling always washes out the weed paranoia for me. It sounds like opiates aren't really your thing, which is great and i'm honestly jealous, but that means the weed anxiety will probably prevail.

I also have really bad weed anxiety these days, to the point where I generally avoid it almost completely.

Opioids, benzos, alcohol (or similar) negates the anxiety for the most part unless I smoke way too much weed.

Only taken opiates a handful of times over the years and today wasnt a very good experience. Didnt really get much euphoria and felt quite anxious the whole time, 6 hours later I feel a little bit spun out/on edge, almost like i'm coming down off a stimulant. I've got a sneaking suspicion if I smoked weed I might really freak out or have a bad time.
I find it a bit odd you feel anxious and speedy after taking 20mg of oxy, however 20mg oxy doesn't really do much to me anyways, this could just be your natural anxiety coming through.

If it's been 12 hours since your last benzo dose it could also be rebound coming through.

I would avoid the weed today, yeah

I also have really bad weed anxiety these days, to the point where I generally avoid it almost completely.

Opioids, benzos, alcohol (or similar) negates the anxiety for the most part unless I smoke way too much weed.

I find it a bit odd you feel anxious and speedy after taking 20mg of oxy, however 20mg oxy doesn't really do much to me anyways, this could just be your natural anxiety coming through.

If it's been 12 hours since your last benzo dose it could also be rebound coming through.

That's what I was thinking when I read it, rebound anxiety frm the clonazepam. Weed affects me the same way too, my mate gave me a bit a few wks ago, smoked it, got into bed & had the mother of all anxiety attacks lol

I cannot really take a substantial amount of any psychedelic without ganja it's kinda kraaayyzeee like melting CRAYOLA

Opiates make me sick but I don't do them because I don't crave them really more a stim inclination here I imagine if ya gotta pop or bang some cannabis would help you feel less uneasy from them or in theory surely

Honestly I would skip the opiates for recreational purposes entirely stick with green

Definitely was rebound anxiety. Had no idea it had already been 10 days straight of taking them, snuck up so quick. I ended up smoking one small pipe and I swear to god even though it was 6-7 hours later I felt very slight hints of the oxy coming back. Like I would get an itch that lasts just longer than a normal itch or that body high for a few seconds here and then. I'm contemplating smoking up now, waiting an hour for the anxiety phase to pass then dropping another 20mg. I suspect the combo could be insanely euphoric.

I suffer some anxiety in life but I never get anxiety from weed, on the contrary, IT totally calms me down...

For me weed is An Essential ingrediënt to handle all sorts of drugs and comedowns better OR to add extra euphoria and calmness...

I have real good exepierences of mixing weed and oxy, also with mixing weed with xtc, LSD, shrooms, alcohol, speed,...

This being said, I realize that many ppl actually have feelings of anxiety and even paranoia on weed, so if you are sensitive to such things you better dont do it, I also try to not use anything of which I AM in doubt OR worry about ...

Maybe I should add to that that I only like to smoke mild weed and hash, I dont like those strong kinds of nederweed that is sold here, I buy my weed and hash from my Friend and that's perfect for me, from that stuff I can still function a bit after smoking...

Not as good as weed and hydrocodone but still nice. The only issue I've had mixing the two was doing too much weed and having an anxiety attack and not being able to take a benzo (temazepam) to counter it.

I've had some really bad experiences with mixing weed with mdma, meth, shrooms and lsd in the past.

Took a 20mg oxy 6 hours ago, and 12 hours before that a 1mg clonazepam. I'm totally 0 tolerance to both benzos and opiates. I've been taking 1mg clonaz the past 9 days (today is the day I'm stopping to avoid withdrawls/rebound) and smoking weed with it is is amazing, totally eliminated any and all anxiety from my high one.

I try to avoid mixing weed with much, and weed + alcohol + LSD as a friend convinced me to combine one night was probably the worst trip I ever had.
I tend to be a heavy weight with regards to most substances but mixing certain things can really mess with that, I've noticed taking DNP for weight loss also makes alcohol 2-3 x as strong for example.

I definitely wouldn’t recommend mixing weed with any other drug you take, since it seems to be a huge anxiety trigger for you. Not sure if your age, but I’m almost 30 & when I was a lot younger like 10 years ago, my anxiety was out of control & I couldn’t smoke weed mixed with any other substance. Personally, I would almost always smoke a blunt while on a super heavy oxy high & it would just make it more enjoyable for me. But I would definitely hold off if I were you, just to avoid that horrible feeling of panic we both seem to know well lol